VIDEO : FIRST DIRT - Testing Out EVO's Bone Stock Jeep GLADIATOR Sport Off-Road

boardsurfer

Question, what was up with the tonneau cover flapping in the wind while driving?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That was a bit of a disappointment for sure. It appears to latch at the tailgate and the cab, but nothing in between? I guess that would require rails like around the wrangler tub for it to hold on to - that kind of thing around a truck bed wouldn't last.

WJCO

Meme King
Question, what was up with the tonneau cover flapping in the wind while driving?

That was a bit of a disappointment for sure. It appears to latch at the tailgate and the cab, but nothing in between? I guess that would require rails like around the wrangler tub for it to hold on to - that kind of thing around a truck bed wouldn't last.

I didn't even catch that. Had to rewatch the video. Yeah, that's no good. Our old truck had a Truxedo cover and it was very similar in design but had Velcro strips on both side rails. Worked great.

longarmwj

Seems like it handled trails really well stock. The funny thing is I feel like the base level sport is going to blow to top trim Colorado, Ranger, Tacoma, and Frontier out of the water...don’t even get me started on the Rubicon trim....

grein46087

Sometimes, it really does pay to have friends in all the right places. For Mel and Lisa over at EVO Manufacturing, it'd be FCA as they were able to get their hands on a brand new Jeep JT Gladiator Sport pickup truck and ahead of just about everyone else out there. For Cindy and I, it'd be them as they invited us out to Arizona to take their Gladiator out for the very first time and of course, out in the dirt! We know it isn't much but we hope you'll still enjoy this video for what it is - a first look at a brand new and bone stock Jeep truck off-road and wheeling across the desert.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

Cannot wait for the build out and comparison video before and after.

Brute

Hooked

I didn't even catch that. Had to rewatch the video. Yeah, that's no good. Our old truck had a Truxedo cover and it was very similar in design but had Velcro strips on both side rails. Worked great.

I had an AEV cover for my Brute when I first got it...it folded into three sections, and had metal clips that grabbed the bed all along the bed rail; it was solid. I wish I still had it, I’d give it to Doug to see if it fit the Gladiator bed...I think it would have

WJCO

Meme King
I had an AEV cover for my Brute when I first got it...it folded into three sections, and had metal clips that grabbed the bed all along the bed rail; it was solid. I wish I still had it, I’d give it to Doug to see if it fit the Gladiator bed...I think it would have

I appreciate the offer. Maybe AEV will build one for this model too. I looked online at various aftermarket companies for other trucks, there is so much out there. We'll likely just get the factory one and if it really pisses us off for some reason, we'll sell it and get a different one.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Gladiator looks great and it must have been a thrill for you to drive it. Question, what was up with the tonneau cover flapping in the wind while driving?

Not sure what the deal was with the tonneau cover. I think it just wasn't latched correctly but that could have been on me being that I opened it up earlier and didn't know how it went back in.

Leave it to Mel to give a brand new rig some battle scars! Excited to see how she turns out. Real question is, when are you guys pulling the trigger on yours and, what color? Sticking with white or changing it up a bit?

We'll be getting one as soon as it's humanly possible. Mel just knows people in higher places than me :crazyeyes:

Cool video. Do you know where the bigger spare tire is going to be mounted?

I believe there are plans to make a rear swing out tire carrier.

Seems like it handled trails really well stock. The funny thing is I feel like the base level sport is going to blow to top trim Colorado, Ranger, Tacoma, and Frontier out of the water...don’t even get me started on the Rubicon trim....

Agreed. Compared to a Wrangler, the Gladiator is at a disadvantage for sure. Compared to all the trucks you just listed, it'll kick their ass :yup:

That’s gonna be sick on 40s.

You know it!

rubiDave

Now that I've seen it, the JT it sure does look like stiff competition for the other guys, especially at that entry price point. I thought I was done with long wheel base trucks, but I can imagine Mel's JT built out with a lift and big tires could change my outlook.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Now that I've seen it, the JT it sure does look like stiff competition for the other guys, especially at that entry price point. I thought I was done with long wheel base trucks, but I can imagine Mel's JT built out with a lift and big tires could change my outlook.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

In just a little over a week from now, you won't have to imagine what it'll look like :)

Top Bottom