Dynatrac Hard Core Plus XD60/XD60 Wheel Question

hellcat707

Currently, Im running a RK Pro-X 3.0 Kit on 37X12.50 Ridge Grapplers with 17X9 wheels that have a 4.5 bs (suggested bs by RK but I wish they were tucked even further). I have a set of 68.5" wide XD60s on order and live in PA so I need to keep my tires tucked in as reasonably as I can. I've seen guys running 5.5 bs to keep the scrub radius minimal and to tuck the axle ends further inside the wheel for added protection and clearance. Since the XD60s are 68.5", my understanding is they will push the tires out another 1/4" on both sides vs stock so I should go to a 4.75 bs wheel to retain the stance of my current setup.

My question is, do the 1550 knuckles allow a larger offset of 5.5 bs even though RK recommends a 4.5 bs on a stock axle? I will be running Trail Ready HD17s which are 8.5 wide. They can make whatever bs you need so that's a none issue. Im just not sure if 5.5 bs will cause any issues? Im also wondering if a 5.5 bs will cause the lock out hubs to stick out to far causing them to get beat up when out on a trail.

Is there anyone that can help provide me some guidance? Thanks!

jesse3638

Hooked
Currently, Im running a RK Pro-X 3.0 Kit on 37X12.50 Ridge Grapplers with 17X9 wheels that have a 4.5 bs (suggested bs by RK but I wish they were tucked even further). I have a set of 68.5" wide XD60s on order and live in PA so I need to keep my tires tucked in as reasonably as I can. I've seen guys running 5.5 bs to keep the scrub radius minimal and to tuck the axle ends further inside the wheel for added protection and clearance. Since the XD60s are 68.5", my understanding is they will push the tires out another 1/4" on both sides vs stock so I should go to a 4.75 bs wheel to retain the stance of my current setup.

My question is, do the 1550 knuckles allow a larger offset of 5.5 bs even though RK recommends a 4.5 bs on a stock axle? I will be running Trail Ready HD17s which are 8.5 wide. They can make whatever bs you need so that's a none issue. Im just not sure if 5.5 bs will cause any issues? Im also wondering if a 5.5 bs will cause the lock out hubs to stick out to far causing them to get beat up when out on a trail.

I'd contact Dynatrac. I'm sure they could help you out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Eddie was running 5.5 bs on Rubicat with the 72.5” XD60. Go back and watch the video he did on it and that may help. Also if you’re running the RK tie rod and drag link then that MIGHT be more of an issue than the knuckles themselves. Not sure if that is your steering setup but, it’s worth noting in case you are.

hellcat707

Eddie was running 5.5 bs on Rubicat with the 72.5” XD60. Go back and watch the video he did on it and that may help. Also if you’re running the RK tie rod and drag link then that MIGHT be more of an issue than the knuckles themselves. Not sure if that is your steering setup but, it’s worth noting in case you are.

His video was what originally got me thinking about 5.5 bs. in the adjoining post he stated "That being said, if you like a factory look, prefer to have your fenders cover your tires or need to because of state laws, going with a standard 68.5" width will get the same job done so long as you aren't running a coil over kit like the EVO DTD".

He also showed Dynatracs JK beside his which was using the 68.5" axle which is exactly the stance Im looking for. They were both running 13.50 tires on Trail Ready wheels while I will be using 12.50s so they would be pulled in slightly more. With so many differences between the JK & JL/JT Im not sure if that post/video still applies. It would be fantastic if it did!

Dynatrac JK.jpg

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
I have the XD60 72.5” with 5.5 backspace on my Brute...I went with the wider axle because of coilovers...and yes, the locking hubs stick out from your wheels, which prompted me to go with wider rock rings on my Trailready beadlocks, which helps a little...

A.J.

With the 68.5 axles and 37’s 4.5” backspacing will be just right. 5.5” back will be too much you will probably rub on the frame at full turn.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom