VIDEO : MILD 2 WILD - 2019 JEEP EXPERIENCE at Katemcy Rocks Texas - PART 2

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Loved the video! Looks like east coast wheeling. Rocks spaced just far enough apart and slick to be a pain in the ass! Lol at least those Texas rocks had some grip to them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another great video and I’d have to say, I new there were places to wheel in Texas, but I didn’t know of any place like that there! What a great trip!

No kidding! Our son used to live in Texas so it's not like we haven't been through the state before. I just don't think we ever knew there were rolling hills and big rocks like this out there. Glad you enjoyed the video :)

Another great time watching your videos. It’s very clear that you can out drive everyone and know how to pick the line and know when to use the Moab bump and when to hammer down. Great driving.

LOL!! You're way too kind. I just get lucky from time to time. :yup:

Finally had a chance to sit down and watch part 2. Cindy and Eddie, great video and driving! Man that looks like a good time.

Awesome! Happy to hear you liked what you saw :)

Pretty sure by now Eddie you’ve figured out that you just can’t make everyone happy and there will always be someone with hurt feelings. Oh well!!
Great video keep them coming.

Oh yeah. Typically, it's the music we use that pisses people off but there are also a lot of guys who are into my hair. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, not sure if you’ve mentioned it in a post I might have overlooked, but in the Pt 2 video you mentioned that you’ve seen the JL lockers not engaging multiple times now. What’s that all about? Any clarification on what you meant?

So, at about 17:56 in the video, you can actually hear Tom from PSC explain to me what was going on. He has an sPod and it was acting up. Apparently, Dana was having a similar if not the same issue with theirs. We had just seen a lot of this going on during the run. Sometimes, you can just pull a fuse, stick it back in and then turn on a light or something and everything starts to work again. Long story short, it wasn't necessarily the e-locker that was bad but the switch system.

That being said, we were having a lot of problems with our rear e-locker on this trip as well. Sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't. It would only be once we got home that I found 2 of the 4 wires at the differential had pulled out of the plug.

Otherwise, we've seen all kinds of problems with the e-locker over the last 12 years and most of them come from the spider gears getting fractures from hard use and swelling to the point where they no longer move freely. This causes your lockers to either engage and not release or not engage at all.

Not saying that ARB's don't have their share of problems but so long as they're getting air, they work. Or at least, that's been the case for me.

Regolith

So, at about 17:56 in the video, you can actually hear Tom from PSC explain to me what was going on. He has an sPod and it was acting up. Apparently, Dana was having a similar if not the same issue with theirs. We had just seen a lot of this going on during the run. Sometimes, you can just pull a fuse, stick it back in and then turn on a light or something and everything starts to work again. Long story short, it wasn't necessarily the e-locker that was bad but the switch system.

That being said, we were having a lot of problems with our rear e-locker on this trip as well. Sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't. It would only be once we got home that I found 2 of the 4 wires at the differential had pulled out of the plug.

Otherwise, we've seen all kinds of problems with the e-locker over the last 12 years and most of them come from the spider gears getting fractures from hard use and swelling to the point where they no longer move freely. This causes your lockers to either engage and not release or not engage at all.

Not saying that ARB's don't have their share of problems but so long as they're getting air, they work. Or at least, that's been the case for me.

Copy all, thanks for the reply. For a moment I was concerned that there might be a systemic issue with the JL elockers that I wasn’t tracking. Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And the WINNER of the WAYALIFE shot glasses is...

I gotta say that “gatekeeper” was one of the craziest obstacles yet! Looks like an amazing time was had by everyone. I’d love a follow up up walk around of jet-li because he got hammered! It looked like your tie rod took a hell of a beating!

Congratulations ScoobyCarolanNC! :thumb:

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I’m a little behind but watched this on the 75” big screen. Some tough obstacles, but not extreme. ;)

And congrats :clap2:

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
great to see Texas wheeling getting some exposure, I know we get a lot of bad rap from the taxifornia crowd. K2 and Wolf Caves (share the fenceline) are great places to wheel for sure :thumb:

If you are ever a little more south-central Texas, check out Trees Ranch as well, it is a wild game ranch located near Leakey, Texas (roughly 2.5 hrs northwest of San Antonio). the trails there are more creek-bed, and again range from something a stock jeep could handle, to extreme near impassible by purpose built buggy, bounty obstacles and everywhere in-between. For those who have wheeled Hiddenfalls Adventure Park (Marble falls, Tx) *or watched the 2015 JK-Experience Middle America* the terrain is just like that, but on steroids ;)

Top Bottom