Exodus Jeeps 7075 XD Tie Rods

jdofmemi

I've been known to wonder off the trail before.
It seems every rock pile I pass calls to me like the sirens song, and off I go.

bouche03

Hey Bubba, do you have to ream the holes to run this TR? I noticed 2-3 weeks on the website now...I have a couple discount tire gift card that are about to expire, if I can in can someone break the cost up on the card so I can use them up before they expire?! :blush:

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Hey Bubba, do you have to ream the holes to run this TR? I noticed 2-3 weeks on the website now...I have a couple discount tire gift card that are about to expire, if I can in can someone break the cost up on the card so I can use them up before they expire?! :blush:

I think earlier in the thread that it is very highly recommend to use a taper bit on the knuckles.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

We can call him tomorrow and order one for you [emoji106]

Exodus 4x4

For those of you running a Dynatrac PR60 without the high steer conversion and you’re looking for a better tie rod, I have 2 of the 7075 tie rods in stock and they were made specifically for that axle setup. If you’re interested give me a call and I can get you set up.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Got the Tie Rod on last night... Thanks Jerry for responding to my texts at 9:00pm and Speedy for letting me borrow the Reamer....

I reamed the hole slowly until I saw fresh metal all the way through... and 1/8” of thread was left below the top of the knuckle. But there was still a very slight amount of play before tightening. I torqued the nuts to about 63lbs and it seams to be ok....

Bubba, is a little bit of play prior to tightening normal?

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Got the Tie Rod on last night... Thanks Jerry for responding to my texts at 9:00pm and Speedy for letting me borrow the Reamer....

I reamed the hole slowly until I saw fresh metal all the way through... and 1/8” of thread was left below the top of the knuckle. But there was still a very slight amount of play before tightening. I torqued the nuts to about 63lbs and it seams to be ok....

View attachment 324897

View attachment 324898

You got it. Glad to help.

rubiDave

View attachment 324897

View attachment 324898
Finally some progress[emoji106] . I wouldn't expect it to have no play until you tightened it. The tie rod ends need to get pulled into alignment with the tapered hole, doubt you could line it up perfect by hand.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

View attachment 324897

View attachment 324898

I usually go until there isn’t any movement, but I’m sure you’re fine. Hope you like it!

TrailHunter

Hooked
You got it. Glad to help.

I’ll ship it back to you Monday. [emoji481]

Finally some progress[emoji106] . I wouldn't expect it to have no play until you tightened it. The tie rod ends need to get pulled into alignment with the tapered hole, doubt you could line it up perfect by hand.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I usually go until there isn’t any movement, but I’m sure you’re fine. Hope you like it!

Thanks guys... yeah, I’m sure it’s fine... any more and I’m just losing thread.

It looks great Bubba... Today I’m Going to dbl check the alignment, tighten up the Jamb nuts, grease the Zerks, paint mark the nuts and I’m good to go. [emoji481]

USMC Wrangler

I bashed mine on some rocks yesterday. It was great to see it’s still nice and straight afterwards! Great product! [emoji1303]

IMG_7417.jpg

IMG_7419.jpg

IMG_7420.jpg

jdofmemi

I have been on 15 trails since I put mine on. I have rock rash all over it, but it is still straight and true.

Can't ask for anything more.

USMC Wrangler

I have been on 15 trails since I put mine on. I have rock rash all over it, but it is still straight and true.

Can't ask for anything more.

Exactly! Although the most recent was the roughest, I’ve been on three since install. It’s so nice not to have to pull it and throw it in a press, hoping I can straighten it out like the OE TR!

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
IMG_0220.jpg
Thanks again for the tie rod Bubba! Thing looks beefy as hell, and so much easier to align the toe than the factory one. Can’t wait to try it out on some trails [emoji41]

Top Bottom