NO LIFT & 37's on a JL WRANGLER - Can it be done?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Man, it’s going to look amazing once you finish it up with the 2.5” lift.

I have a feeling it will. Got most of the front done and just need to wrap up the rear. :cool:

They look better with 33's.

The JL?

Jet Li looks bad ass with those new shoes. Makes me wish I had 13.5 on my JKU. I can't wait to see how the new axles and other components hold up to 37s. Should we place bets on what will bend/break first? Lol. Thanks for the awesome coverage on the developments of your JL.

LOL!! Don't jinx us. If it can break, it'll break on us. At least, that's what we found with the JK :crazyeyes:

Nice to see the incremental progress and where the limitations are. I have made mistakes in stripping everything out and finishing with tires and wheels after lift only to modify things I didn’t need to. It really helps me on my thoughts on my future JL. Maybe less is more. Thank you for all your effort bringing this to us, priceless :rock:

Glad to hear our progress might be helpful to you :)

Awesome !!

Thank you.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I can’t wait to see this with the 2.5”. Perfect setup and in many ways, it reminds me of my JKUR with 2.5” and 35’s. My Jeep sits very low in overall height.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
LOL! My comment on 33's looking better was a joke. I cannot wait to see a 2 door with 37's on it. Those would be a beast!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can’t wait to see this with the 2.5”. Perfect setup and in many ways, it reminds me of my JKUR with 2.5” and 35’s. My Jeep sits very low in overall height.

I know a low stance isn't for everyone but I know you're the kind of guy who'd appreciate it :)

That looks awesome! Should come from the factory like that!

LOL!! I'd be the first to admit that this might be a bit much but something close to it would be cool :yup:

Loving that back spacing and stance on the wide axles. Looks great and I'm sure the steering will be much improved over the 3.5bs you have to run on a jk.

Oh yeah, super glad to have a 4.75" back spacing option like this :yup:

LOL! My comment on 33's looking better was a joke. I cannot wait to see a 2 door with 37's on it. Those would be a beast!

LOL! Figured as much but wanted to make sure. You never know :crazyeyes:

JAGS

Hooked
I agree that things should be painted black on the JLs with no liners. But am curious about the rear wheel well liner removal. Aren't there some things tucked up in wheel well (evap for one). How exactly would that work if they were exposed??

Do you have concerns about the stock axle and steering components with 37s?

The forums have plenty of old threads on the toll 37s take on the stock JK axles, lockers, ball joints, etc...

What, if any, are your concerns running the 37s on the stock JL steering and drive train? Maybe you could contrast with the late model JKs for comparison's sake.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I agree that things should be painted black on the JLs with no liners. But am curious about the rear wheel well liner removal. Aren't there some things tucked up in wheel well (evap for one). How exactly would that work if they were exposed??

I think they’d be okay but hard to say for sure. The EVAP is what I would be the most concerned with being that it’d get bombarded with stones thrown from the tires.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The forums have plenty of old threads on the toll 37s take on the stock JK axles, lockers, ball joints, etc...

What, if any, are your concerns running the 37s on the stock JL steering and drive train? Maybe you could contrast with the late model JKs for comparison's sake.

There have been improvements made to the factory Rubicon axles but it really is too soon to say what if anything will be a concern. Either way, we intend to find out [emoji41]

JAGS

Hooked
I think they’d be okay but hard to say for sure. The EVAP is what I would be the most concerned with being that it’d get bombarded with stones thrown from the tires.

Venture to say someone will come out with a “liner” or shield for those things. Might make sense??

You going to try to stick with the liners on? Remove in the future?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have you regeared yet?

To the best of my knowledge, there are no gears available for the M210 or M220 or at least, not at this time. That being said, I'm not even sure if it'll be needed with 37's. So far, the 8-speed auto seems to be doing a great job of pushing them along. I'll need to spend more time racking up miles to know for sure.

Venture to say someone will come out with a “liner” or shield for those things. Might make sense??

You going to try to stick with the liners on? Remove in the future?

I'm keeping my liners in or at least for now. Could totally see companies making something to protect the things that need protecting.

Missionsparta

Only bad thing is now every soccer mom will be on 37s!

Really? WHO CARES? I came from the Corvette community before this. Coolest people ever. Everyone always comllinented each other rides and whatever modifications. No one ever asked if they did the mod and never take it to the track, etc. Move over to Jeeps and it is just snob after snob having a cow about who is putting what on their vehicle. I'd rather some "soccer mom" throw 37s on her vehicle and enjoy it than listen to some insecure clown complaining about her doing it any day. Jeep people are ruining their own community by being vehicle snobs. Grow up.

Top Bottom