Jk6 hellcat

Brute

Hooked
Ok...I've been dreaming/thinking about this build for awhile...I already own a JKU & an AEV Brute, but wanted something with a shorter wheelbase than the Brute & JKU, but longer than a JK...my dream build, and most likely my last one (which is what I said after my Brute...)

This is what's on the build list...which is fluid at the moment.

Mopar JK-8 kit on a JKU frame shortened 6” for 110” wheelbase
AEV Heat Reduction Hood

Dakota Customs 6.2L Supercharged Hellcat Hemi, 707 hp, 650 ft/lb torque

W5A580 Transmission 3.59, 2.19, 1.41, 1.00, 0.83 R 3.16
Atlas 2 speed Transfer Case: 1.00, 5.00 Crawl ratio: 88

Custom 3” Flowmaster stainless steel exhaust

Dynatrac ProRock HD60 Front Axle; 4.88 gears; 35 spline 300M RCV axle shafts; ARB locker
Dynatrac Pro Grip 2 six piston, 13.50” Vented Rotors

Dynatrac ProRock HD80 Rear Axle; 4.88 gears; 40 spline Chromoly Full Float axle shafts; ARB locker
Dynatrac Pro Grip 2 four piston, 14.50” Vented Rotors

JE Reel 1350 CV drive lines

Walker Evans 17x9 Forged Bead locks 4.5” backspace BFG 39x13.50R17LT Krawler KX

GenRight 3 Link front suspension King 2.5 IBP Coilovers
GenRight 4 link rear suspension King 2.0 bump stops

PSC Hydro-assist Steering Kit
Currie Currectlync steering kit Currie Ram Assist Bracket
Currie Anti-Rock Rear Sway Bar kit with Alum Arms Currie Anti-Rock Front Sway Bar Kit with Alum Arms

GenRight JK Front Winch Bumper w/ Low Profile Winch Guard Bar, Aluminum

GenRight JK Rear Bumper, Aluminum

MCE JK Front & Rear Flares

GenRight JK Rocker Guards, 4 Door Aluminum

Warn 9.5cti-s winch

GenRight 25 Gal Alum fuel cell

Rigid Ind. RDS-Series 50" LED Light Bar – Spot PS JK Light Bar Mount (Aluminum) - Rigid 50" LED
Rigid Ind. E2-Series 20" LED Light Bar - Spectre Rigid Ind. Rock Lights

JW Speaker 8700 Evolution J Series 7" round LED headlights with black bezels and "half halo"
JW Speaker 279 J Series LED Tail Lights
JW Speaker 6145 J Series LED Fog Lights

Dual Optima Group 31 Yellow Top Batteries Genesis Dual Battery kit

Autometer LCD Race Dash SPod 8-circuit w/touchscreen

Corbeau Baja XRS Seats w/5 point harnesses, heated, lumbar support driver side

Alpine X009-WRA with front & rear multi-view camera system

Vertex VX6000 Remote Head Unit Mobile Radio RRP686 2 Place Intercom System with OTH Ultimate Comfort Headsets

Lowrance HDS-9 Gen3 Off-Road GPS

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
Welcome to Wayalife! Looking forward to seeing this build. Something you might want to look into though, pretty sure the ProGrip2 brakes won't work with 17" wheels.

Brute

Hooked
Welcome to Wayalife! Looking forward to seeing this build. Something you might want to look into though, pretty sure the ProGrip2 brakes won't work with 17" wheels.

Yes, that was part of the "fluid" nature of the build sheet...Dan Seldon of Dynatrac said they were working on getting the PG2 to work with a 17" wheel, but not there yet...may have to go with the original PG's...thanks.

thardy

Banned
Yes, that was part of the "fluid" nature of the build sheet...Dan Seldon of Dynatrac said they were working on getting the PG2 to work with a 17" wheel, but not there yet...may have to go with the original PG's...thanks.

With your list of parts, I figured you were aware, but wanted to make sure. Like I said before, looking forward to seeing this thing come together.

RDE2ROK

I love the build list, I did a similar build on a 2 dr but stretched it to 108". - the Hemi:doh: which I will get to one day. I will be watching! Fun Times!:thumb:

Brute

Hooked
Are you going to race this rig?

No, just want something that can go fast & crawl slow at the same time...anything that makes you smile every time you get behind the wheel, whether at Moab, the Rubicon, or getting beer at the local store is worth the effort...

Skid_Kid

No, just want something that can go fast & crawl slow at the same time...anything that makes you smile every time you get behind the wheel, whether at Moab, the Rubicon, or getting beer at the local store is worth the effort...

Ohhh...... You are going to want to upgrade the driveline to a 1410 maybe even a 1480. With all that horsepower you might just twist a shaft off the starting gate with the skinny pedal to the the floor. JE Reel will make you custom shafts. Also 4.88's are kinda small for what you are doing, given you are going to run a 60 up front and 80 in the rear you might want 5.38's. Yes you adding horsepower to make up for less gearing, but if you don't tear through a 1350 driveshaft you might just rip the gear apart.

Are you sure the W5A580 Transmission is going to work? Are you upgrading the torque converter? That transmission is only rated for 428 foot pounds stock as is. You might have issues before even getting power to the driveshaft....

I can go on and on with other issues you are going to possibly have but let's start here.

Last edited:

ScoobyCarolanNC

Ohhh...... You are going to want to upgrade the driveline to a 1410 maybe even a 1480. With all that horsepower you might just twist a shaft off the starting gate with the skinny pedal to the the floor. JE Reel will make you custom shafts. Also 4.88's are kinda small for what you are doing, given you are going to run a 60 up front and 80 in the rear you might want 5.38's. Yes you adding horsepower to make up for less gearing, but if you don't tear through a 1350 driveshaft you might just rip the gear apart.

Are you sure the W5A580 Transmission is going to work? Are you upgrading the torque converter? That transmission is only rated for 428 foot pounds stock as is. You might have issues before even getting power to the driveshaft....

I can go on and on with other issues you are going to possibly have but let's start here.

Wouldn't 5.38s have more of a twist & therefore less steel?

Top Bottom