The build/re-build of Gruff

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Threw in this harness bar yesterday. Pretty simple install: mark 8 holes, drill, paint, bolt in. Using a set of PRP 4 point harnesses. The harnesses aren't going to be my primary
belts - I'll still use the factory ones for street driving. I just like the security of these in some instances. I got to ride in a TJ (Des's) on an obstacle at Turtle Ridge in August and then did it in Gruff. What a difference it makes being held firmly in place by the 4 point vs the factory belts.

View attachment 336755

View attachment 336756

Can you do me a favor? Can you measure from the steering wheel to the bar on the headrest of the driver seat with the seat all the way back and the back reclined all the way it can go?

And if you have the back seats in, from the bar to the back seat?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
Can you do me a favor? Can you measure from the steering wheel to the bar on the headrest of the driver seat with the seat all the way back and the back reclined all the way it can go?

And if you have the back seats in, from the bar to the back seat?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Here you go. I threw in the drivers side rear seat so I could measure that. I also sat in the seat and measured from my nose to the back of the bar - it's only 13" No way in hell I'd want to be in an accident sitting in the back seat. Even with the shitty padding kit that comes with it, your noggin would likely split open on the bar. I'd never feel comfortable with anyone in the rear seats on the road. I'm going to leave the back seats out.

Bar measurements.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Here you go. I threw in the drivers side rear seat so I could measure that. I also sat in the seat and measured from my nose to the back of the bar - it's only 13" No way in hell I'd want to be in an accident sitting in the back seat. Even with the shitty padding kit that comes with it, your noggin would likely split open on the bar. I'd never feel comfortable with anyone in the rear seats on the road. I'm going to leave the back seats out.

View attachment 336775

You did all that at 11pm. Impressive! Here I’m ready for bed at 815. Lol

I was more worried about the dog in the back seat more than a person. Thanks for the measurements. I’ll have to measure mine when I get the Jeep put back together.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
More parts! :brows: Wife made me put back in the garage. Personally I though they'd look great on the mantle.

HC.jpg

HC 1.jpg

hc2.jpg

HC 3.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
Very nice! Take a lot of pictures, I’m probably not too far off from doing the same thing.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom