JLU rear pinch weld mod

jlustingray

Sorry if its been asked but I have searched on this forum and all over the net. Plenty of writeups on the JK rear pinch weld but can't find anyting on the JL.

Anyway,

I have a 2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon with a 2.5 metalcloak gamechanger lift and running 37's. I was rubbing on the bottom rear inner fender so I removed the mud flap piece and bracket. What it exposed was the rear pinch weld. While it is more rounded than sharp, I would love to cut or this piece out of the way. What I don't want is to cut and have the two pieces pull apart and have to be welded back. Anybody done this? Seems to be a little thicker than the JK seam and I am not sure if bending it without cutting is possible. Just need it pushed back a little.

TIA

jlustingray

Trimming is not required with 37's.

Now that I have removed the mud flap and bracket, trimming may not be required. I will flex it out again to check. I know my 37's were eating that plastic mud flap pretty good. If anyting is needed I will just make adjusments to the bump stops in the rear. I am fine everywhere else.

thanks

Top Bottom