Gladiator Truck?

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Found this on the www.
Update, 1:57 p.m.: According to a screenshot of an information sheet about the new Gladiator posted by the forums, the Gladiator will be capable of 30 inches of water fording, a towing capacity up to 7,650 pounds and a 1,600 payload capacity.According to the sheet, it will be available with a 3.6-liter V6 or 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V6, and can be optioned with either a 6-speed manual or 8-speed automatic.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Yea I don’t get it. “Sadly”?!
Hell I think the compass and Cherokee are hideous and would never buy one. I still hope they sell like crazy cause it helps the brand. Same deal with this truck. Last thing I want to see is a flop that drags the brand down.

Agreed! After all FCA already makes a “Truck”, it’s called RAM. This truck is designed for a completely different market. If people can’t see that, then they are missing the point. I like it and think it’s going to do well for the company.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Sadly? The Jeep scrambler, the Jeepster with a truck bed, the CJ2A with extended beds were no trucks either [emoji849]

And we know how “successful” those were in the marketplace. The CJ-8 Scrambler was available for five years and Jeep only made 35,000 of them.

Don’t get me wrong, the new JL-based “truck” is kinda cool. I just don’t think it’s going to be a hit for Jeep. Hopefully I’ll be proven wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And we know how “successful” those were in the marketplace. The CJ-8 Scrambler was available for five years and Jeep only made 35,000 of them.

Don’t get me wrong, the new JL-based “truck” is kinda cool. I just don’t think it’s going to be a hit for Jeep. Hopefully I’ll be proven wrong.

I think it'll make the news for sure but a hit in terms of being a real seller? I highly doubt it. Don't get me wrong, I love Jeep trucks, I own a J2000 and want this one but... one of the biggest reasons why Jeep could never make it in the truck market is because the other guys could always do it better and at a more reasonable cost. Jeep will not only be competing against the HUGELY POPULAR Tacoma and now Colorado, they'll be competing in a price range that makes it even hard for me not to look at a RAM or other full size truck instead. Like you, I hope I'm wrong about this especially since I'll be buying one but I have a feeling that I'm right.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I think it'll make the news for sure but a hit in terms of being a real seller? I highly doubt it. Don't get me wrong, I love Jeep trucks, I own a J2000 and want this one but... one of the biggest reasons why Jeep could never make it in the truck market is because the other guys could always do it better and at a more reasonable cost. Jeep will not only be competing against the HUGELY POPULAR Tacoma and now Colorado, they'll be competing in a price range that makes it even hard for me not to look at a RAM or other full size truck instead. Like you, I hope I'm wrong about this especially since I'll be buying one but I have a feeling that I'm right.

Right. It’s for a niche market. I think it will probably be a really nice vehicle, but will it sell? It’s going to be like the 2 door, a small percentage of sales versus the 4 door. There may be people that would like a Jeep, that don’t buy because it has no bed, but I doubt a lot of them.

Last edited:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Right. It’s for a niche market. I think it will probably be a really nice vehicle, but will it sell? It’s going to be like the 2 door, a small percentage of sales versus the 4 door. There may be people that would like a Jeep, that don’t buy because it has no bed, but I doubt a lot of them.

It’ll be like the Hellcat. It gets guys excited to head into the dealership, where they get the look from the wife, come to their senses, and walk out the proud owner of a new minivan.

F

Fionayeti

Put a hemi in it and I might buy one. If not, I'll just stick with my 2018 Power Wagon.

eric1238

I thought the brute conversions were discontinued because they were working with Jeep to design this truck? The JKU brute was much better looking. I agree with everyone, the rear flare looks odd.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug

It’s only a niche market in the US. Most of the rest of the world doesn’t get full size pickup and these smaller premium “trucks” are the fastest growing market segment in a number of regions

Twist

I think your right, it is niche BUT the jeep pickup still has a lot that other trucks just dont have. Top comes off, doors too. rubi model has ultra low range, and it's a jeep and yeah a jeep with some pretty amazing creature comforts too.

It wont out sell the other pickups but I'm thinking it's going to do better then many think. It will be amazing for off road comparatively speaking and that has a lot of appeal.

Top Bottom