Currie JKF Front Sway Bar Kit Experience?

WyoCouple

Has anyone installed the Currie CE-9900 JKF front sway bar kit on a JK? I read conflicting comments on the stability of the Jeep at higher speeds on road. We do a combination of highway driving and off road so it needs to work well for both. We are currently stock on our 2013 Sahara JKU and thus are not heavy rock crawlers but do enjoy intermediate trails.

Any experience you are willing to share would be very much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a big fan of Currie products but not so much of their Antirock. There's just no substitution for the factory sway bar on road or being disconnected off road.

2011jk

Ditto on above except IMO stock bar sucks get a front OFF ROAD ONLY SWAYLOC and rear Currie 1" bar if a 4 door.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ditto on above except IMO stock bar sucks get a front OFF ROAD ONLY SWAYLOC and rear Currie 1" bar if a 4 door.

Ran a SWAYLOC on my old TJ and it was cool all the way until it snapped at the arm.

At SEMA a couple of years back, I was helping Dynatrac display 2 JK's running the the exact same EVO DTD suspension system only one was running an Antirock in the rear. Moby got up their tall ramp without any problems as you can see here.
main.php

The other JK, I was able to get it up on the ramp but the rear sway bar was giving so much resistance that it was on the verge of flopping. Out of safety concerns, Dynatrac decided to leave it sitting on all 4.
main.php

Seen the same thing on the JKX PNW. Rigs with the Antirock ended up breaking a rear window or close to it but Moby with his factory rear sway bar did not.

WyoCouple

Ran a SWAYLOC on my old TJ and it was cool all the way until it snapped at the arm.

At SEMA a couple of years back, I was helping Dynatrac display 2 JK's running the the exact same EVO DTD suspension system only one was running an Antirock in the rear. Moby got up their tall ramp without any problems as you can see here.
main.php

The other JK, I was able to get it up on the ramp but the rear sway bar was giving so much resistance that it was on the verge of flopping. Out of safety concerns, Dynatrac decided to leave it sitting on all 4.
main.php

Seen the same thing on the JKX PNW. Rigs with the Antirock ended up breaking a rear window or close to it but Moby with his factory rear sway bar did not.

Very interesting! Thank you for the info.

Randy Tadevich

Has anyone installed the Currie CE-9900 JKF front sway bar kit on a JK? I read conflicting comments on the stability of the Jeep at higher speeds on road. We do a combination of highway driving and off road so it needs to work well for both. We are currently stock on our 2013 Sahara JKU and thus are not heavy rock crawlers but do enjoy intermediate trails.

Any experience you are willing to share would be very much appreciated.

I have been using a front only currie antirock for almost 2 years and love it. I did have my concerns with the fors and against and the roll if you will, as you do. The roll is slight in my opinion. I take freeway speeds of 70 on ramp transitions and have no concerns of it being or feeling unsafe. The best part is, you never have to mess with it. Airdown and go. No messing with the mud and dirt to reconnect. I dont have the convience of a push button to disconnect, but either way, you install and forget about it. It was worth the money for me to spend. If its something you are considering, do it. If you dont like it, reinstall the factory and sell it. Wouldn't much of a loss. If you do go with it, reply back and let me know your thoughts. Good luck, have fun.

Sent from my SM-J320V using WAYALIFE mobile app

WyoCouple

I have been using a front only currie antirock for almost 2 years and love it. I did have my concerns with the fors and against and the roll if you will, as you do. The roll is slight in my opinion. I take freeway speeds of 70 on ramp transitions and have no concerns of it being or feeling unsafe. The best part is, you never have to mess with it. Airdown and go. No messing with the mud and dirt to reconnect. I dont have the convience of a push button to disconnect, but either way, you install and forget about it. It was worth the money for me to spend. If its something you are considering, do it. If you dont like it, reinstall the factory and sell it. Wouldn't much of a loss. If you do go with it, reply back and let me know your thoughts. Good luck, have fun.

Thank you for the comment Randy. Good to hear that you’ve had success and that it feels stable on the highway. Amazing how different the replies are, and they match what I’ve read in other forums. Seems to be 50/50...you either love the set up or hate it. The thought of not having to disconnect and reconnect is what drove me to considering it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If its something you are considering, do it. If you dont like it, reinstall the factory and sell it. Wouldn't much of a loss. If you do go with it

:cheesy: Nice of you to be so eager to risk other people's money on something they may or may not really like. Certainly, I don't know anyone who'd buy a used Antirock let alone a new one.

Thank you for the comment Randy. Good to hear that you’ve had success and that it feels stable on the highway. Amazing how different the replies are, and they match what I’ve read in other forums. Seems to be 50/50...you either love the set up or hate it. The thought of not having to disconnect and reconnect is what drove me to considering it.

LOL!! All I can say is that I rarely hear anyone talk smack about a product that they chose to buy especially when it costs upwards of $500 or more. To do so would mean that you may have had a mistake and no real man would ever do that. If the Antirock were really as awesome as their fanboys will try to convince you they are, I'd be running them on my JK's. Of course, I'm just a mall crawler and what would I know.

Again, there's just no substitution for the factory sway bar on road or being TOTALLY disconnected off road. But hey, it's your money and your Jeep you can convince yourself of anything you want. :yup:

If you’re not fully flexing your Jeep out, then you don’t have to worry too much about the limitations of the anti Rock. If all you’re doing is mild trail riding and looking for an easy solution, then it could be a good option for you. I have a Sport with manual disconnects. Little bit of a pain to get them on and off but you really get used to it after doing it a dozen times or so. So there’s always that option too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you’re not fully flexing your Jeep out, then you don’t have to worry too much about the limitations of the anti Rock. If all you’re doing is mild trail riding and looking for an easy solution, then it could be a good option for you. I have a Sport with manual disconnects. Little bit of a pain to get them on and off but you really get used to it after doing it a dozen times or so. So there’s always that option too.

This is a fair statement. Depending on the kind of trails you run, getting full flex may not be a big deal. Outside of wheeling, I have mountains all around me and I personally wouldn't prefer winding my way around them with anything less than a factory sway bar.

This is a fair statement. Depending on the kind of trails you run, getting full flex may not be a big deal. Outside of wheeling, I have mountains all around me and I personally wouldn't prefer winding my way around them with anything less than a factory sway bar.

I hear ya. I don’t even live in the mountains and I still love the feeling of the factory sway bar on road. But Off road, of course nothing beats the factory sway bar travel.

WyoCouple

I'm a big fan of Currie products but not so much of their Antirock. There's just no substitution for the factory sway bar on road or being disconnected off road.

Thank you for the thoughts. I’m also looking at the quick disconnect systems. Any recommendations on brand to fit a stock JKU?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the thoughts. I’m also looking at the quick disconnect systems. Any recommendations on brand to fit a stock JKU?

JKS makes some of the best and easiest disconnects you can get. Also, if you're just doing mild trail, you may not even need to disconnect. There are plenty of times where I actually prefer to remain CONNECTED as the sway bar offers stability.

nbunga

Caught the Bug

I replaced the stock link bolts with Clevis pins from tractor supply, 7/16" I believe. I can hear them rattle a little while driving around some but its not that bad. They are very easy to disconnect and reconnect. I just keep some large zip ties with me to hold my swaybar up. Kind of hillbilly but has worked well for me so far.

deezus

I have wanted Antirock for the longest. Recently, my trail buddies and I all upgraded our set ups to some degree. They went with fox shocks off of Ford Raptors and Antirocks as those shocks are so big stock front and rear sways have to be removed. Now those shocks have 13.9 inches of travel and they all run 40s. I'm running 37s stock sways and Evo coilover. I got a 37.5 " of flex in the pic below more than any of them, I could fully disconnect and we'll they cant....Yea I paid more but guess what? While they flexed the Antirock was there limiting factor. Which made me happy because not only does my lift look better but I bought a front electric sway bar with 10k on it for $400 from one of them- mine is shot. lol thanks Antirock. Flex is the name of the game for me. My advice stay stock and spend that money on something else. And always fully disco the front. I don't know if my flex is a lot but I'm very happy with it!I'm not hating on Antirock sways I just don't feel like they are better than a fully disconnected front..... IMG_20180209_183948_686.jpg

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Randy Tadevich

:cheesy: Nice of you to be so eager to risk other people's money on something they may or may not really like. Certainly, I don't know anyone who'd buy a used Antirock let alone a new one.

LOL!! All I can say is that I rarely hear anyone talk smack about a product that they chose to buy especially when it costs upwards of $500 or more. To do so would mean that you may have had a mistake and no real man would ever do that. If the Antirock were really as awesome as their fanboys will try to convince you they are, I'd be running them on my JK's. Of course, I'm just a mall crawler and what would I know.

Again, there's just no substitution for the factory sway bar on road or being TOTALLY disconnected off road. But hey, it's your money and your Jeep you can convince yourself of anything you want. :yup:
Easy with the insults eddie. You dont know who i am or what my character is. I guess im not a man and a fan boy because you said so. So be it.

Top Bottom