Show us your spiders

jesse3638

Hooked
Where are the MT Wayalife members at? I'm sure some of them could snap a pic of a hobo spider. Had to sleep in a field littered with these guys. Woke up to one who happened to make his home in my boot. After that night the boots came into my tent with me.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
This guy is chilling on a 33rd floor just outside the window. Looks like he eats good too.....
IMG_7014.jpg

For those interested, Chicago goes through flying spider season every few years or so. One time I counted about 25 of those on one window as high as 40th floor

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
This guy is chilling on a 33rd floor just outside the window. Looks like he eats good too.....
View attachment 305595

For those interested, Chicago goes through flying spider season every few years or so. One time I counted about 25 of those on one window as high as 40th floor

Flying spiders?!? What the fuck are those? Really? Sorry Chicago, I may never get to see that big shiny ball thingie now...

RedPool

Not as dangerous as the local Widows or Recluse, the Argiope and it's silver armor look will make you nope the hell out.I found this girl on the boat shed. Will have to see if I can find the pics of the Brown Widow or hand sized Golden Orb Weavers. :D

IMG_4086.JPG

Spazbyt

Hooked
This guy was out side my shop. I'm not sure what species he was but he was big and very active. It looks like he reinforced the center of his web with a zipper like pattern. 20190918_100546.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

RedPool

This guy was out side my shop. I'm not sure what species he was but he was big and very active. It looks like he reinforced the center of his web with a zipper like pattern.

That is a Black and Yellow Argiope, also known as the writing spider or zipper spider. Same family as the Silver Argiope I posted. Living in Florida, we learn too much about these things.

jesse3638

Hooked
About a month ago after taking out my trash cans I was on black widow patrol outside at night. The small ones I have no problem smashing with my flip flop. Once they get about quarter sized I prefer a shovel or stick. Not having anything else besides my flip flop I was mustering up the courage to smash one that was about quarter sized. She was very active and moving around her web. As I leaned in for the kill a damn moth or something flew into my head. The first though that came to mind was "Ambush!" and I freaked out swatting my head and yelling. I turned around and my neighbors were in there front yard watching the whole thing..haha. Had to regroup and make sure there was no spider up high and killed the intended target.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom