Funny stuff that happens, when selling Jeep parts

I posted a set of four wheels and tires off my sisters Dodge Durango on let go and craigslist. Tire size, wheel size, and price. Every. Single. Message. 'What size are they?' Will they fit my (same year Dodge Durango'

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

scull20

I usually end any Craigslist ads with some sort of question that prospective buyers have to answer in their responses to me.

Such as: How many stripes on the US flag? What color are the stars on the US flag? Etc.

It weeds out the bots and most of the stupid people who can't follow instructions.

longarmwj

If you think that's bad, try selling them.

Customer: "Now the Sahara model can only be used for sand and stuff right?"

Me: "Not at all, where did you hear that?"

Customer: "Uhh from the name. Sahara, meaning desert edition"

Yes this really happened :doh:

Ddays

Hooked

My buddy is a sales manager for the Jeep dealer by me (where I got mine) and the stories he tells!
Have you had any fun test drives? I've heard some doozies !:cheesy:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Yeah, I work with the public, everyday, so I hear all kinds of stuff. If you think about average intelligence, at least half of the population would have to be below average intelligence.

longarmwj

My buddy is a sales manager for the Jeep dealer by me (where I got mine) and the stories he tells!
Have you had any fun test drives? I've heard some doozies !:cheesy:

We had a guy come in wanting to look at a new Durango. He wanted to know if his whole family could comfortably fit in it on road trips so he brought all of his suit cases they take on trips AND, no joke, four mannequins to sit in the car during the test drive. I had to sit in the third row with a mannequin.

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

We had a guy come in wanting to look at a new Durango. He wanted to know if his whole family could comfortably fit in it on road trips so he brought all of his suit cases they take on trips AND, no joke, four mannequins to sit in the car during the test drive. I had to sit in the third row with a mannequin.
No. That's awesome. I mean, you got to buy with confidence. Where did he get the mannequins?

xxJWPxx

I feel your pain. I've got a bunch of stuff for sale on craigslist right now to fund addtional Jeep parts for EJS. The responses and back and forth with some of these people drives me crazy. Told my wife it's like having another full time job with a bunch of idiots.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

Oh man, that is hilarious.

jesse3638

Hooked
After you sell it you should leave the ad up with **SOLD** on top of it and see what kind of responses you get..haha. People always amaze me.

Top Bottom