LS swap into a 97 TJ

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Well I can successfully say I have way improves my spray paint skills looking at the end result, and I just rebuilt my first motor. Only thing missing on the inside is oil and I won't be priming or putting any in until I need to. View attachment 279172 View attachment 279173 valve covers on. You'll notice the gasket half circle on the valley pan. When I pulled the knock sensors there was rust on them,so this will divert water away from these holes and into a channel that will run the water right off the engine. I decided to match the harmonic balancer to the valve covers. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. View attachment 279174 View attachment 279175 here it is with the cathedral intake mocked up. View attachment 279176 View attachment 279177 and at the very late time of 1:30 AM, it's time to call it a night with all ignition accessories hooked up.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Whelp I finally got my pistons back from the shop and did seven of them. The middle ring broke on application for one of them. View attachment 278464 Time to go to Napa in the morning to order a new one assuming I can get an individual one. However I did get 7 done and got the head torqued down on the side I got 4 on. View attachment 278473 View attachment 278474 View attachment 278475 . Shout out to the shop that did the work. They seated the stem seals really well which should make it painless for me to adjust valve lash.

Something that I found out tonight and was happy about. LS motors have no valve lash. It's just torque and go.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I got the fuel system all in with fresh O-rings for the injectors. IMG_20171010_003002.jpg I did a little bit of wiring consolidation too to save myself time later. I got over half bagged wrapped and tagged. IMG_20171010_002835.jpg IMG_20171010_002841.jpg IMG_20171010_002849.jpg IMG_20171010_002858.jpg IMG_20171010_002907.jpg here she is all strung up again. IMG_20171010_002913.jpg and a quick shot showing the other progress I'm making putting sensors and hoses back on. IMG_20171010_002954.jpg

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Sorry for the low quality photos too. My phone sucks when the lighting isn't perfect and half my shop is really bright and the other half is not so bright.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
More progress today. I added some accessory drives to the motor, I.e. Water pump, alternator, and power steering pump. IMG_20171011_164442.jpg I also stripped apart the new transfer case I got. I met a guy in Vancouver who sold me an nv3550 mated to an np231 for $300. I'm seeing that I got the better end of the deal because of how clean the inside of this transfer is. IMG_20171011_175234.jpg
Anyone have any tips on how to remove the bolt that holds the front shaft in? I've tried PB and an air gun but it just clicks out. I can't figure out how to stop the chain from spinning so I can use a breaker bar.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Can't get the nut off of the front yoke on the transfer case... Tried lots of Pb, heat and an air gun. Nothing is working. Air gun goes to 300 ft lbs. Worried I might have to run to harbor freight tomorrow. Any thought?

Clifford98

I know in the past before they were apart on the ones I’ve worked on that have a yoke for front and rear I’ve put a big pipe wrench on one sides yoke and then used a impact or a big cheater bar and a buddy to break it lose.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Can't get the nut off of the front yoke on the transfer case... Tried lots of Pb, heat and an air gun. Nothing is working. Air gun goes to 300 ft lbs. Worried I might have to run to harbor freight tomorrow. Any thought?

300 is nothing. If you’re gonna get an impact from Hf get a earthquake. The rest are underpowered trash. Breaker bar and long pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom