Birth of Phoenix

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Another upgrade I needed to do was to move my track bar bracket forward on the frame. My track bar would hit my diff. I bought and welded in a new bracket from TMR customs and everything clears nicely. IMG_6480.jpg
IMG_6487.jpg
IMG_6546.jpg

The next two issues I didn’t foresee. My rubi sway bar came in contact with the new bracket and the old track bar wouldn’t work with the new setup. So I had to swap back to the Currie Antirock and build a new TB. IMG_6544.jpg
IMG_6611.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Did the flex test to check all the clearances.
IMG_6650.jpg
IMG_6654.jpg
IMG_6653.jpg
IMG_6657.jpg
IMG_6662.jpg
At this point I’m limited by the 10” shock travel. Long arm is planned for the future and either ORIs or Coilovers.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Here’s a few real world test photos.
IMG_6774.jpg
IMG_6768.jpg
IMG_6770.jpg
FEB9A495-5F98-4A77-A8C9-445EF6B07114.jpg
IMG_6848.jpg
IMG_6845.jpg
Caught up with Litebrite and Dirtlifestyle on the trail but a fitting came loose on my ram and I got a bunch of air in the system so I didn’t get a chance to play.
IMG_6783.jpg

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Another project I put off for three years now was installing my Painless Trail Rocker. Never really needed it but with this COVID-19 going on I had nothing to do at home so I decided to install it.
IMG_6855.jpg
IMG_6857.jpg
Taking the doors off is convenient.
IMG_6858.jpg
I didn’t really add any loads other than the heated seats. But I have room to grow in the future. IMG_6860.jpg
IMG_6864.jpg

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Most recent thing I did was finally hook up my e brakes. When I tried to hook them up during the summer, one of the springs was rubbing on the tone ring I installed for the ABS. So I bought a hardware kit from a 2005-2011 F350 which has a spring made to go over the tone ring. They work. Just need some more adjustments.
IMG_6866.jpg
IMG_6867.jpg
IMG_6868.jpg
Old vs New
IMG_6872.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
A hell of a lot if progress! There’s always the EMW run in July if you want to head out to Moab!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
A hell of a lot if progress! There’s always the EMW run in July if you want to head out to Moab!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thanks. I actually had to cancel my Moab trip that was scheduled next week. I’m in the Navy and they told us to get ready to deploy but CNN just said they are halting all movements for 60 days. I don’t know what’s going on with my life right now. [emoji23] I was supposed to transfer next week but I’m stuck in Limbo now until the Corona clears up.

CarolinaJK

The Jeep's looking awesome my friend! Can't wait to catch up and see it all grown up when you pass through [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
The tire in the rear of the Jeep has been nice but it makes hauling the kids around difficult when it comes to car seats. Plus I want the extra room back. So I’m working on putting an EVO carrier on. The skin installation wasn’t bad except for the part where I hit a tree. The sheet metal wasn’t playing a hole didn’t line up at the end. Not really and issue because I can just do a nut and bolt. EVO said they should have the carrier shipped out in about 2 weeks.
IMG_7010.jpg
IMG_7011.jpg
IMG_7012.jpg
IMG_7013.jpg
IMG_7015.jpg
IMG_7016.jpg

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
It’s been awhile since I’ve hit the trails but WA opened up recreation areas this week so we went to Walker Valley which is north or Seattle. Definitely packed but wasn’t bad. Jeep performed well and I was surprised to get 17 mpg on the 2 hour drive up. I do need to adjust my front bump stops and get a little more travel.
IMG_7020.jpg
IMG_7029.jpg
IMG_7080.jpg
I wasn’t able to make it over the two boulders to the left but the guy on 42s and a little more skinny pedal made it.
IMG_7092.jpg
IMG_7098.jpg
At this climb, there was a crowd of people and vehicles with no one moving. So we just had to jump in a go. The boulders were slick with mud and I had to winch pretty much the whole way. 45 minutes later I made it to the top. IMG_7104.jpg

Top Bottom