EAST Meets WEST: August 2020 Moab/Telluride Planning Thread

Jsouder53

Hooked
Had the day off today, so I was dreaming of this trip! Super excited for it! Can’t wait to meet everyone that’s going to Moab!

wjtstudios

Hooked
Had the day off today, so I was dreaming of this trip! Super excited for it! Can’t wait to meet everyone that’s going to Moab!

We all need to keep looking forward in times like these! I can’t wait either!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I’m still hoping to attend. Pending the insurance outcome (I should hear back in the next week or two) I’ll know if I can make it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’m still hoping to attend. Pending the insurance outcome (I should hear back in the next week or two) I’ll know if I can make it.

I hope it works out, I would be a perfect trip to brake in a new JLUR

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I hope it works out, I would be a perfect trip to brake in a new JLUR

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Lol that’s what everyone keeps telling me to get. I like the idea of no payments and not crying if I break something. Hoping to rebuild mine, not sure how that timeline will go if that’s the route I end up on.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Lol that’s what everyone keeps telling me to get. I like the idea of no payments and not crying if I break something. Hoping to rebuild mine, not sure how that timeline will go if that’s the route I end up on.

Not a bad plan either, I’m sure Bubba’s ready to help. [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Jsouder53

Hooked
Came across my guide to Moab book from when I was planning to go a couple years ago. Looking through it and getting an idea on trails once again [emoji16] IMG_5449.jpg

jdofmemi

I'm counting my blessings that this epic trip was planned for August, not June.

I'm sure by August things will have returned to some semblance of"normal". I would be worried if it was June it would end up canceled like so many other activities.

That said, August can't get here fast enough 🍻

Jsouder53

Hooked

I'm sure by August things will have returned to some semblance of"normal". I would be worried if it was June it would end up canceled like so many other activities.

That said, August can't get here fast enough [emoji482]

I agree as well! I’m so glad we are going early August [emoji106]

Brute

Hooked

That said, August can't get here fast enough 🍻

I just checked with my AK fishing lodge on the Big Ku...they are going to wait till May 1st to make a determination if they are going to open for the season...and Russia has suspended all international travel for now...

I might be wheeling in Moab and CO with you guys after all...but I'm bringing some rods and fold in some fishing somewhere, like the Green River etc...

wjtstudios

Hooked
I just checked with my AK fishing lodge on the Big Ku...they are going to wait till May 1st to make a determination if they are going to open for the season...and Russia has suspended all international travel for now...

I might be wheeling in Moab and CO with you guys after all...but I'm bringing some rods and fold in some fishing somewhere, like the Green River etc...

Not that it’s the same kind of epic trip, but it’s still going to be a blast! Either way, it’s still going to be great summer

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked

Just leave us the keys.

(Burnout video will be posted on Aug 12th)

DaJudge

I will try to run up to CO and run a day with you guys. Someone suggested Poughkeepsie Gulch/Corkscrew Gulch. That's a great suggestion because you can have lunch at Lake Como and then you go over Hurricane Pass before you get to Corkscrew. For a long day you could take California Gulch to Animas Forks ghost town and then back.
Lake Como (Poughkeepsie is the trail coming in from the left)
IMG_3529edit.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom