JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 1 | Overlanding Across the Mojave Desert

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool video, almost felt like I was there. Cant wait to see number 2. Good job on the video. That was pretty cool watching him throw that rim in that tire.

So glad to hear you say as much and yes, Harris throwing that wheel into the tire was awesome :crazyeyes:

Great video. Good thing you had a bottle jack. I don’t think the scissor jack would have made it!

As a matter of fact, I think we'll be addressing that in Part 2 :crazyeyes:

As the others have already said its a great video. Its the personal touch you and Cindy add that puts your work way ahead of the others👍

Thank you, we really do appreciate it and are so glad that you enjoyed the video. :cool:

If the "pro" filming guys are producing the feature videos then this, in my mind, is the bonus track. It's the alternate behind the scenes and extras disc that we all want because we can't get enough of the fun. Plus I always like to look behind the curtain to see what really goes on from the participant's point of view. Wish granted!
That said, Eddie's restricted efforts in filming are still better that 99% of Youtube's best offerings. I loved every minute and look forward to the rest!!

LOL!! So glad to hear we'd make it as the feature video bonus track :crazyeyes: :D

Cool video so far. I love that part of Mohave and miss it being close.

It may be further away but it's still closer to you than NY. Hope you enjoy the rest of the video :cool:

Wait so Synergy wasn’t around to change the tire? What was their plan? Just hope someone else would do the work for them?

Well, they were carrying a plug kit. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wait...my bad, was that PSC?

Yeah, that was PSC.

Finally made it all the way thru the video and it was great!

All the pre-SEMA mods seemed a bit excessive for SEMA coverage...and now the rest of the story...

I enjoy the semi-history lesson, it's pretty cool to know what use to be in the area.

I'm still waiting for you to stumble onto some secret abandoned base and find parts of E.T lol

I had to replay Harris's monster beadlock slam several times, that was insane!! I tried that after getting pissed off trying to get the Coopers on and damn near got wheel recoil in my face and knocked on my ass :cheesy:

PSC Jl is pretty damn sweet, nice trick fuel tank too! Wondering if it'll show up as a production item.

Synergy sent a Jeep with no spare?? WTF were they thinking :icon_crazy:

Looking forward to the next in the series :thumb::thumb:

LOL!! So glad you enjoyed the video. Regarding the wheel in the tire trick - been there done that and won't try it again :crazyeyes:

Working hard on part 2 even as I type this :yup:

Yeah the no spare thing... I’m a bit surprised Mel let that ride.

In all fairness, I don't think we ever got a list of minimum requirements like we have in the past.

Yeah, that was PSC.

LOL!! So glad you enjoyed the video. Regarding the wheel in the tire trick - been there done that and won't try it again :crazyeyes:

Working hard on part 2 even as I type this :yup:

In all fairness, I don't think we ever got a list of minimum requirements like we have in the past.

That makes a bit more sense. The great thing about wheeling with good friends is that despite some shortcomings, nobody gets left behind and all the rigs make it home.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That makes a bit more sense. The great thing about wheeling with good friends is that despite some shortcomings, nobody gets left behind and all the rigs make it home.

Me personally, I would never run without a spare but I don't think they meant any harm. Just a careless mistake and yes, it was good there were others to help out.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Me personally, I would never run without a spare but I don't think they meant any harm. Just a careless mistake and yes, it was good there were others to help out.

If he had a spare, he never would have needed it.... at least thats how my life works. [emoji51]

JeepDrum

Great video as always. All the wide open space amazes me every time. It just doesn't really exist near me.

It's pretty cool to see all the new shiny rigs testing out brand new parts. No better way to get in some R&D. The JKX didn't come along until the JK Wrangler had been out for a few years, right?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If he had a spare, he never would have needed it.... at least thats how my life works. [emoji51]

LOL!! So true. That's why I always bring everything including a welder on a trip like this :yup:

Great video as always. All the wide open space amazes me every time. It just doesn't really exist near me.

It's pretty cool to see all the new shiny rigs testing out brand new parts. No better way to get in some R&D. The JKX didn't come along until the JK Wrangler had been out for a few years, right?

This is true. Mel started the JKX because events like the UA wouldn't let JK's attend. Old school magazine guys thought the JK was too big and would never be able to run the kind of trails they did. So much for that LOL!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Like always, I really enjoyed the video! Harris is a salvage throwing that wheel into the tire like that. I don’t think I’d have the balls to totally commit to such a thing.

GCM 2

JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - Take a Ride on the 1st JL Wrangler Nitto JLX | PART 1

Wait so Synergy wasn’t around to change the tire? What was their plan? Just hope someone else would do the work for them?

What’s going on Adam! This information will be shared in the “Directors Cut” in person tell all documentary the next time I see you. You know how much detail never gets put into the final cut.....and for good reason [emoji12]

They were actually really good guys, just not even close to knowing what to expect on this event

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What’s going on Adam! This information will be shared in the “Directors Cut” in person tell all documentary the next time I see you. You know how much detail never gets put into the final cut.....and for good reason [emoji12]

They were actually really good guys, just not even close to knowing what to expect on this event

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thought maybe they were holding you captive over there for the last couple years. Hope you are well and hope to see you soon.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SLO

Eddie, on one hand I’m impressed that you have responded to each person that has posted on this thread but on the other hand, I am concerned that it’s taking away valuable time from the Part 2 release! :D

By the way, saw Moby at Motech when I dropped off my Jeep to Robbie a few weeks back. So much history in one Jeep. If only it could tell stories. And don’t respond...keep editing! :nono: :cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Like always, I really enjoyed the video! Harris is a salvage throwing that wheel into the tire like that. I don’t think I’d have the balls to totally commit to such a thing.

Maybe with a helmet that has a full face guard :cheesy:

I liked Randy's rig.

It's is a clean build for sure. Hoping he sells it though so that he can get a JL and start over again :crazyeyes:

LOL!! Cindy has a treasure trove of footage that never sees the light of day. We should all be afraid :shock: :crazyeyes: :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, on one hand I’m impressed that you have responded to each person that has posted on this thread but on the other hand, I am concerned that it’s taking away valuable time from the Part 2 release! :D

By the way, saw Moby at Motech when I dropped off my Jeep to Robbie a few weeks back. So much history in one Jeep. If only it could tell stories. And don’t respond...keep editing! :nono: :cheesy:

LOL!! Cindy does all the editing. I just get to help out and at the moment, I've got some free time :crazyeyes:

Another great video. Can’t wait for part 2. I noticed you carry your fuel containers inside. Have you always done this? Have they leaked or smell doing it this way? Thanks for the great video.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Eddie and Cindy its so awesome to see some footage from yall I miss the JKX vids yall put out, this is so awesome yall keep it up and I like Reunion really fits the video

Sent from my LG-US701 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom