WRITE-UP : WAYALIFE ACM - Jeep JL / JT Under the Hood ARB Air Compressor Mount

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's what the completed ACM looks like powder coated and with the hardware needed to get it installed.

ACM-PRODUCT-PHOTO-01.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good. It's really cool you're making you're own parts. Sometimes that's easier when the market doesn't have many options. With any luck you can become the market. Out source them to China and make a killing..haha

LOL - funny thing is, I've tried getting others to make some of this stuff in the past but nobody seemed interested. I figured, if I really wanted them on my Jeep, I would just have to make them myself. Selling them to others is more something I'm doing out of requests that I've been getting than anything. :yup:

That came out awesome! Nice work.

Thank you :)

JL_John

Great job on this. Looks like your the first, and only underhood ARB mount on the market for the JL.

lembowski

Received mine today, already mounted the compressor up to the mount. Just waiting for the weekend to do the rest.

When is the video going up on this Eddie?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Received mine today, already mounted the compressor up to the mount. Just waiting for the weekend to do the rest.

Awesome! So you know, a few of these went out without all the hardware needed. If you were one of them, a separate package should be coming to you any day now.

As far as the video goes, I do apologize but we had to put it on the back burner to get some unexpected videos done first. Hope to have one done after we get back from Moab.

lembowski

Awesome! So you know, a few of these went out without all the hardware needed. If you were one of them, a separate package should be coming to you any day now.

As far as the video goes, I do apologize but we had to put it on the back burner to get some unexpected videos done first. Hope to have one done after we get back from Moab.

Yup I was 1 of those orders, but the main box and the extra packet both came today!

ImpactDoc

I posted up in jlwrangler; but, you will be able to do this quickly without the video. I’m a very mechanically timid medical professional, and I got the compressor mounted up in 30 min. The wiring took me longer. I would suggest using YouTube there’s a guy who really explains the complicated harness well. But basically if you are only using this as a compressor ditch the small wire harness into your storage closet. You will only use the big one.

I mounted a remote chuck to my engine bay to keep it out of the elements (see pics) using a 3 ft lead hose and connectors at harbor freight. I initially tried using a swivel connector at the compressor to run the lead hose but it leaked slightly no matter what I did. So I connected it directly.

Three tips: 1)The main wire harness actually doubles back on itself to the battery, the thin black wire, Eddie looks to have crimped together with the main black and white wire. I put them on separate crimp connectors.

2) Make sure the mount is a good 2cm or so away from the frame (Eddie gave me that tip) as rough driving will flex the frame and body slightly.

3) Also if you are relatively slender or have long arms you can leave the fender and wheel on which I did. You just need to remove the inner fender liner.

All in all if I didn’t have my kids interrupting me during the wiring portion it takes a total of 1.5 hrs for an amateur to install, if you have all tools parts needed. You will need a crimper or vise grips (to crimp the electrical connectors) at least and electrical tape and Teflon tape. The crimper I bought was garbage and mangled a few connectors which made me to go Home Depot to get more and I just used vise grips to crimp.

Attachments

• F1852B5F-94BE-40C2-AA66-BFA2FDB61255.jpg
    F1852B5F-94BE-40C2-AA66-BFA2FDB61255.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 134
  • C02D855E-FC2F-4045-8F34-F9E807B7784F.jpg
    C02D855E-FC2F-4045-8F34-F9E807B7784F.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 135
  • D3AE3FBD-7BB5-4073-952D-36EA2DB61EB4.jpg
    D3AE3FBD-7BB5-4073-952D-36EA2DB61EB4.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 7C7DE961-39E1-43C9-9636-51681B2F7E7A.jpg
    7C7DE961-39E1-43C9-9636-51681B2F7E7A.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 139
  • B99A1900-F416-404A-950C-FF5872719927.jpg
    B99A1900-F416-404A-950C-FF5872719927.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

lembowski

@impactdoc thanks for that! Just waiting on my remote chuck and I’ll get it done. I just really wanted to watch the method of removing the fender. I have long arms but I am in no way slender 🤣

lembowski

I posted up in jlwrangler; but, you will be able to do this quickly without the video. I’m a very mechanically timid medical professional, and I got the compressor mounted up in 30 min. The wiring took me longer. I would suggest using YouTube there’s a guy who really explains the complicated harness well. But basically if you are only using this as a compressor ditch the small wire harness into your storage closet. You will only use the big one.

I mounted a remote chuck to my engine bay to keep it out of the elements (see pics) using a 3 ft lead hose and connectors at harbor freight. I initially tried using a swivel connector at the compressor to run the lead hose but it leaked slightly no matter what I did. So I connected it directly.

Three tips: 1)The main wire harness actually doubles back on itself to the battery, the thin black wire, Eddie looks to have crimped together with the main black and white wire. I put them on separate crimp connectors.

2) Make sure the mount is a good 2cm or so away from the frame (Eddie gave me that tip) as rough driving will flex the frame and body slightly.

3) Also if you are relatively slender or have long arms you can leave the fender and wheel on which I did. You just need to remove the inner fender liner.

All in all if I didn’t have my kids interrupting me during the wiring portion it takes a total of 1.5 hrs for an amateur to install, if you have all tools parts needed. You will need a crimper or vise grips (to crimp the electrical connectors) at least and electrical tape and Teflon tape. The crimper I bought was garbage and mangled a few connectors which made me to go Home Depot to get more and I just used vise grips to crimp.

Impactdoc or Eddie --- Finally received my ARB hose, took forever so I'm hitting this sometime this week. Can you tell me if I have the wiring right in my picture. I think this is right to have the compressor hooked up and have it powered by the Aux panel. Was going to use Aux 1 since it is a 40.

Impactdoc, I couldn't find your other post on Jlwrangler unless you are under a different screen name.

Attachments

• Wiring.jpg
    Wiring.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 124

lembowski

Found this on another forum on connecting to an SPOD and it worked just fine connecting to the JL AUX switch.

This is for the single ARB compressor.

-Thick red with inline fuse direct to battery positive, thick black/white stripe and small black (that are taped to battery positive wire) direct to battery negative.

-Three plug setups: use the one with the thick red/white stripe and black/white stripe to plug directly into the compressor (tape off the other two plugs these are for locker solenoids and not used)

-small single red and small single blue wires with small plastic plugs go to your pressure switch which you are still using in the compressor (doesn't matter which way they are plugged in)

-lastly the small red wire (in the bundle (of 4 small wires; red green yellow blue) goes to the switch pros while the other wires are taped off and not used.

longarmwj

Found this on another forum on connecting to an SPOD and it worked just fine connecting to the JL AUX switch.

-Thick red with inline fuse direct to battery positive, thick black/white stripe and small black (that are taped to battery positive wire) direct to battery negative.

-Three plug setups: use the one with the thick red/white stripe and black/white stripe to plug directly into the compressor (tape off the other two plugs these are for locker solenoids and not used)

-small single red and small single blue wires with small plastic plugs go to your pressure switch which you are still using in the compressor (doesn't matter which way they are plugged in)

-lastly the small red wire (in the bundle (of 4 small wires; red green yellow blue) goes to the switch pros while the other wires are taped off and not used.

sPod sucks dick and so does the other forum you got the info from

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

May I challenge you to make a post about WAYALIFE on your "other forum" and see what they'll do.

As far as Spod goes, this link should help explain a few things about how we feel about them:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/15125-sPOD-Honesty-Integrity-and-the-Lack-Thereof

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Maybe I'm seeing things or it is just the angle of the photos, but ImpactDoc's photos make it look like his compressor sits almost on the frame whereas Eddie's photos makes it look like the compressor is about a couple inches higher off of the frame. :thinking:

lembowski

sPod sucks dick and so does the other forum you got the info from

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Don’t have an SPOD. Just sharing info that helped with my install of a Wayalife product.

May I challenge you to make a post about WAYALIFE on your "other forum" and see what they'll do.

As far as Spod goes, this link should help explain a few things about how we feel about them:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/15125-sPOD-Honesty-Integrity-and-the-Lack-Thereof

Not promoting a product or another forum, just wiring instructions on what helped me with my install of a product I bought from you. Thought it may help others....let me know if I need to edit the post to remove any painful topics. Sorry I haven’t had the opportunity to view all threads on the forum to see who everyone hates. I’ll add SPOD to the list with the Yeti thread I read.

Top Bottom