My life with a Brick

JKbrick

wjtstudios

Hooked
It’s been a good day! Added a new addition to the family and finally the brick is coming back to life!!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Lol, I texted him some more and he said when they fixed the tipm they wiped out the program from it? And to reconfigure it he had to fix that connector, I really have no clue about any of it. I figured I’d call the tipm place Monday and ask them. What is the cluster dock?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have no idea. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jeeeep

Hooked
Lol, I texted him some more and he said when they fixed the tipm they wiped out the program from it? And to reconfigure it he had to fix that connector, I really have no clue about any of it. I figured I’d call the tipm place Monday and ask them. What is the cluster dock?

Good news! Merry Christmas Brick!

Did the previous shop remove the dash or instrument cluster? WIll be interested to know it the cluster has a bolt-on connecter on the back.

JKbrick

Good news! Merry Christmas Brick!

Did the previous shop remove the dash or instrument cluster? WIll be interested to know it the cluster has a bolt-on connecter on the back.

It had 6000 miles on it when I bought it used so it’s possible but I guess I kind of doubt it, I’ll see if he can take me a couple pics, does yours bolt on? Did you have this happen?

jeeeep

Hooked
It had 6000 miles on it when I bought it used so it’s possible but I guess I kind of doubt it, I’ll see if he can take me a couple pics, does yours bolt on? Did you have this happen?

I replaced the clockspring under the recall but my issue turned out to be the cruise control multifunction switch; once I replaced it all the dash light errors cleared out

Last edited:

bouche03

This is good news! My Jeep will be parked all winter for the first time as well. Happy to not have the salt and de-icing chemicals eating away at all the aftermarket parts!

JKbrick

This is good news! My Jeep will be parked all winter for the first time as well. Happy to not have the salt and de-icing chemicals eating away at all the aftermarket parts!

Especially since you got it all recoated! What did you get for a daily? Now I’ll never know if your at work when I go by!!

Top Bottom