Tire question

tonywjk

Hey everyone, have a tire question. I have the stock tires on my Sport, 255 75 17, no lift. I wanted to get new tires but with a little more rubber on the ground, the place near me has Coopers, AT3 at 285 70 17. I measured them against my stock tires and they are an inch higher and a few inches wider. Would I have any issues with rubbing when I turn the wheel? Does anyone have them on theirs?

I'd appreciate any feedback or alternate suggestions on this, thanks.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Hey everyone, have a tire question. I have the stock tires on my Sport, 255 75 17, no lift. I wanted to get new tires but with a little more rubber on the ground, the place near me has Coopers, AT3 at 285 70 17. I measured them against my stock tires and they are an inch higher and a few inches wider. Would I have any issues with rubbing when I turn the wheel? Does anyone have them on theirs?

You will most likely rub on hard turns. You could get 1 1/4" spacers or 1 1/2".

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

This was my wife's with 285/70R17 with no lift but trimmed the fenders and an aftermarket front bumper. No issues rubbing at all but we don't disconnect off-road.

DSC04110.jpg

DSC04112.jpg

zimm

Caught the Bug
If you're not going to lift, just get the stock rubicon size- 255 something?

KeroJK

35s no lift until recently. No problem, I trimmed fenders and pinch seam to ensure no problems occur but you are even going smaller than 35/315s so might not be needed. Id atleast take care of the fenders tho. Picture is of my jeep with 35s no lift and aluminum tube fenders. 20180530_080113.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

sph801

I had 285 70R17 Duratracs on stock Rubicon wheels. I added two washers to the steering stops and no rubbing when turning. I had a 2" spacer lift so I don't know if you'll rub when flexing.

My Jeep with the 285's.
IMG_3140.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom