Teraflex - Bad rep for a reason or isolated cases?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Teraflex lifts for the last 16 years. Ran a Tera LA on 99TJ without issue and so I just went to another Tera LA setup when I got a JK. No issues thus far.

No problems with your long arm brackets ripping off? How long have you had them installed?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The following thread is in regards to TeraFlex tire carrier breaks they have. I saw this happen in person and TeraFlex blamed my friend for not installing it correctly and also accused him of damaging it while wheeling. They conveniently keep this potentially life threatening problem quite rather than issuing a recall like they should have.
attachment.php

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4740-TeraFlex-Hinged-Tire-Carrier-Break

The following is a thread highlighting the TeraFlex long arm bracket breaks I've seen. The pics you see are of Dennis' JK after his long arm bracket broke. Guess it was install error like it always is.
attachment.php

attachment.php

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4743-TeraFlex-Long-Arm-Bracket-Break

The following thread is in regards to the TeraFlex track bar breaks I've seen. They conveniently keep this potentially life threatening problem quite rather than issuing a recall like they should have.
main.php

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?5169-TeraFlex-Front-Track-Bar-Breaks

I could go on and on about their rocker guards getting smashed in and TeraFlex blaming their customers for "wheeling too hard" or their bushings blowing out after one run - I simply can't make this shit up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Teraflex lifts for the last 16 years. Ran a Tera LA on 99TJ without issue and so I just went to another Tera LA setup when I got a JK. No issues thus far.

Clearly, we all have our own ideas as to how often we think we wheel our Jeeps and just how hard, "hard" really is. BTW, welcome to WAYALIFE.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
The following thread is in regards to TeraFlex tire carrier breaks they have. I saw this happen in person and TeraFlex blamed my friend for not installing it correctly and also accused him of damaging it while wheeling. They conveniently keep this potentially life threatening problem quite rather than issuing a recall like they should have.
attachment.php

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4740-TeraFlex-Hinged-Tire-Carrier-Break

The following is a thread highlighting the TeraFlex long arm bracket breaks I've seen. The pics you see are of Dennis' JK after his long arm bracket broke. Guess it was install error like it always is.
attachment.php

attachment.php

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4743-TeraFlex-Long-Arm-Bracket-Break

The following thread is in regards to the TeraFlex track bar breaks I've seen. They conveniently keep this potentially life threatening problem quite rather than issuing a recall like they should have.
main.php

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?5169-TeraFlex-Front-Track-Bar-Breaks

I could go on and on about their rocker guards getting smashed in and TeraFlex blaming their customers for "wheeling too hard" or their bushings blowing out after one run - I simply can't make this shit up.

Here's my contribution.

DSC03706.jpg DSC03709.jpg 423521_3125280844708_540842230_n.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Funny how all of those breaks are steel failures. Makes you wonder what the hell is being used, butter?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Funny how all of those breaks are steel failures. Makes you wonder what the hell is being used, butter?

What ever could you be talking about. Don't you know there are guys out there who've been running Teraflex parts for 16 years?

In spite of what the fanboys will suggest, there's a reason why I no longer allow Teraflex to advertise here and why I refuse to do business with them.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

16 years and you never changed bushings?

Either you don't wheel, it's a street jeep. You do live in S.C that's understandable

Or you're full of shit and or a liar

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
Evo mfg, full traction, rancho, and Currie are just a few to name lift wise. As far as bumpers and other parts you have Evo mfg, rancho, dynomax, rock hard, and crawler concepts are just a few more to name.

Who owns BDS, just curious never dealt with them. I think they are an independent company.

Pyro1415

I have a tf 2.5 coil lift. It's not horrific... Lifted about 4.5" in the front and 3.5 in the back. To me the rides not that rough but I'm more of a sports car guy. At the end of the day I paid $550, I regret getting it. Good news is I will probably get $300 on Craigslist when I sell it. If you want to go cheap and rough just get a rough country...

Grubbicon

I have a tf 2.5 coil lift. It's not horrific... Lifted about 4.5" in the front and 3.5 in the back. To me the rides not that rough but I'm more of a sports car guy. At the end of the day I paid $550, I regret getting it. Good news is I will probably get $300 on Craigslist when I sell it. If you want to go cheap and rough just get a rough country...

Rough Shitty problems
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467026394.186361.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467026458.930127.jpg

Da20captain

16 years and you never changed bushings?

Either you don't wheel, it's a street jeep. You do live in S.C that's understandable

Or you're full of shit and or a liar

Of course I changed some bushings. I consider that normal wear and tear. No we don't have the terrain like you folks have. Sorry my experience with Teraflex did not coincide with the overall theme.

Da20captain

Clearly, we all have our own ideas as to how often we think we wheel our Jeeps and just how hard, "hard" really is. BTW, welcome to WAYALIFE.

This is true. I will admit that that I don't have access to the type of terrain you guy out West do. So admittedly i would say I don't wheel as hard as many of you. I did tip the TJ over once. I have fun and welcome the challenges of wheeling but I do proceed with intent of making it home.

Thanks for the welcome.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
This is like trying to convince a mechanic to buy tools from Harbor freight because you haven't had any issues. Sure they are good tool used once a month, but anymore use than that it falls apart like the proof above.

When I worked at Fulltraction we had a forum guy begging to get a discount on a lift kit, he was a moderator. Let's call him two Face. He promised to promote the hell out of us, so I agreed to give him a good discount.

In the end he went with a Teraflex long arm kit because they gave him the lift kit for FREE. First trip out to Moab, the first trail in Moab, he blew out a bushing.

It's cool though teraflex showed up at the condo with a free a BOX of replacements. At Fulltraction we didn't even bring that kinda shit to Moab because our parts lasted!

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
This is like trying to convince a mechanic to buy tools from Harbor freight because you haven't had any issues. Sure they are good tool used once a month, but anymore use than that it falls apart like the proof above.

When I worked at Fulltraction we had a forum guy begging to get a discount on a lift kit, he was a moderator. Let's call him two Face. He promised to promote the hell out of us, so I agreed to give him a good discount.

In the end he went with a Teraflex long arm kit because they gave him the lift kit for FREE. First trip out to Moab, the first trail in Moab, he blew out a bushing.

It's cool though teraflex showed up at the condo with a free a BOX of replacements. At Fulltraction we didn't even bring that kinda shit to Moab because our parts lasted!

I can't remember that guy's name but his two faces sure ring a bell. ;)

WJCO

Meme King
I'm still not convinced. Please tell me something good to justify my purchase. :bored01:

Top Bottom