WAYALIFE on the GO : Miscellaneous Photos from Cindy & Eddie!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That area is amazing... with snow on the ground it’s a whole other level. Great pics.

Thanks! It has been super pretty. :cool:

Beautiful shots of the mountains! Although, it’s time that winter moves on out. I’m done with snow for the season

Yeah, I'm with ya. On a normal year, winter is pretty much just December and January. This is late February and I'd kinda like to move on now. :crazyeyes:

That's crazy. Forecast here is more potential snow for us later this week. Lisa's grandparents left Truckee earlier than they planned about a month ago, before the predicted 10'of snow. They have a place in Thousand oaks they usually spend most of the winter at. They got out just in time..haha.

Good thing too. Seems like every other day that the passes have been getting closed lately.

We got snow last night. about an inch or so. I just got back from Las Vegas. I drove from Vegas back to Michigan with a friend. I was amazed to see snow in just about every southern state that I passed through.

Pretty amazing.

Trail Bud

Hooked
Originally, Cindy and I had planned to drive all the way home last night but it literally took us almost 4 hours just to get to the top of the Cajon Pass and by then, it was almost 8pm. Not too big of a deal driving all night long is something we do often but last night, there was a hell of a snow storm and so we decided to stay the night in Lone Pine. Today, we could see the snow level had dropped almost to the valley floor and we bound to see more of it. Here's a shot as we made our way up Sherwin Summit.
View attachment 321120

By the time we got up to Crowley Lake, everything was covered in white and I mean, completely covered!
View attachment 321121

View attachment 321122

As we approached Mammoth Lakes, temps were down in the 20's and the wind was howling with visibility near zero. No big deal except for the fact that the highway was icy and there shit tons of cars everywhere - presumably, all heading up to the slopes.
View attachment 321123

Once we got into the trees, the wind calmed down a bit but the highway was super slick. Thank goodness we were in a Jeep and didn't have to run chains like everyone else.
View attachment 321125

Started snowing up in the pass and continued all the way to Walker. Here's a shot of us working our way past Mono lake.
View attachment 321124

By the time we got home, our JL had some new icy growths all over it.
View attachment 321126

View attachment 321127

But, we got home safely so all was good. :cool:

Just saw this. The pics are just amazing. There's no one around it seams.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn already?

To add insult to injury, not only did we pay almost twice as much for the Adam's Driveshafts we bought back in October, they weren't balanced for shit. Being that they were new, I assumed the problem was on my end and dicked around trying to adjust my pinion and caster again and again and again with no change. Finally decided that the problem had to be a balancing one and... what do ya know, it was.

I should point out that after installing our ProRock 44, it was a lot worse. I did change the front flange to a yoke and so the front shaft was about an inch short but if it really shouldn't have made a difference. With it removed, the oscillation was gone but we still had a droning vibration coming from the rear. I decided to retube the front shaft to make it the correct length and rebalance the rear and now our JL runs smooth and quite and all for just $246. Gotta love my local driveline shop! Should have just gone there in the first place. :rolleyes2:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
To add insult to injury, not only did we pay almost twice as much for the Adam's Driveshafts we bought back in October, they weren't balanced for shit. Being that they were new, I assumed the problem was on my end and dicked around trying to adjust my pinion and caster again and again and again with no change. Finally decided that the problem had to be a balancing one and... what do ya know, it was.

I should point out that after installing our ProRock 44, it was a lot worse. I did change the front flange to a yoke and so the front shaft was about an inch short but if it really shouldn't have made a difference. With it removed, the oscillation was gone but we still had a droning vibration coming from the rear. I decided to retube the front shaft to make it the correct length and rebalance the rear and now our JL runs smooth and quite and all for just $246. Gotta love my local driveline shop! Should have just gone there in the first place. :rolleyes2:

That sucks. I may have to come out there one day and bring my driveshafts. I can’t find anyone around here and that price would make the drive worth it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WAYALIFE on the GO : Miscellaneous Photos from Cindy & Eddie!

That sucks. I may have to come out there one day and bring my driveshafts. I can’t find anyone around here and that price would make the drive worth it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Damn straight it sucks. I paid $1558.69 for these Adam’s shafts and they’ve sucked from day one. I literally could have had my local shop custom make them for $369 each - that’s $738 for both! [emoji849]

Here, you can see that balancing only cost me $94.50.

IMG_4641.JPG

Oh, and did I mention that I brought it in at 11 am on a busy Friday morning and got a call at 1 pm saying that I could come by to pick up?! [emoji15]

I know people love their name brand shit but local is the only way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is insane, wonder if there is a good option out there besides local shops.

If you play with your Jeep, you're gonna want to find a good shop to have your shafts re-balanced and or rebuilt from time to time. If you don't have a good local shop, you can ship your shaft to one but then, you'll be out of a Jeep until you get them back and that can take some time.

Did you call Adams about it? Maybe you can get some money back.

I thought about it but really, I'm beyond it. If it weren't for the fact that I was in a pinch, I would never have bought shafts from them in the first place.

Top Bottom