Oscar's No Build Thread

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Finally warm enough to put the soft top on....and then fold it down. Starting to look a lot like summer [emoji41]

IMG_9143.jpg

IMG_9144.jpg

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Had a friend stop by yesterday with his new JL and these lights. He had bought them for his JK that just got traded in so I took them off his hands for $50 NIB:

IMG_9202.jpg

Wish me luck!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Lights installed:

IMG_9205.jpg

IMG_9208.jpg

I’m not sure that I’m in love with the light color. Maybe it will grow on me.

Hard to believe that a mouse would make a nest in the frame. Especially since this is my garage kept, daily driver:

IMG_9203.jpg

IMG_9204.jpg

Jsouder53

Hooked
Only a deal if they last. It was a bit of work to get the fogs in. I forgot how packed it is inside my bumper.

Are they JW Speaker? Or a knock off? And mice are crazy little creatures! I’m glad I don’t have to deal with them any longer

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Are they JW Speaker? Or a knock off? And mice are crazy little creatures! I’m glad I don’t have to deal with them any longer

They are Chinese knock-offs. My pal bought them on Amazon a year ago for like $100 or so. When he started looking at installing, he decided it was to much work and asked if I wanted to buy them. At the time I was thinking of Trucklites and he was asking close to what he paid. I offered to help him with the install, but it never happened. I guess he decided to just get a new Jeep with factory LED lights [emoji38]. Im grateful that he stopped over and made me an offer I couldn’t refuse.

As for the Trucklites, maybe someday. I just have a hard time spending money to replace something that works just fine (cough).

As for the mouse, she must of built the nest while we were on vacation last month.

Jsouder53

Hooked
They are Chinese knock-offs. My pal bought them on Amazon a year ago for like $100 or so. When he started looking at installing, he decided it was to much work and asked if I wanted to buy them. At the time I was thinking of Trucklites and he was asking close to what he paid. I offered to help him with the install, but it never happened. I guess he decided to just get a new Jeep with factory LED lights [emoji38]. Im grateful that he stopped over and made me an offer I couldn’t refuse.

As for the Trucklites, maybe someday. I just have a hard time spending money to replace something that works just fine (cough).

As for the mouse, she must of built the nest while we were on vacation last month.

Well hopefully they hold up [emoji106] the install wasn’t that bad was it? But I guess if you can get a new Jeep go for it lol I have KC headlights and love the color they have. Not blue or purple like some of the LEDs they are more of a pure white.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Well hopefully they hold up [emoji106] the install wasn’t that bad was it? But I guess if you can get a new Jeep go for it lol I have KC headlights and love the color they have. Not blue or purple like some of the LEDs they are more of a pure white.

It took a few hours to install. One headlight didn’t fit right and I had to file the radial location tabs. In my case, I had to remove the vacuum pump, winch control box and entire front bumper. With the winch hidden inside the bumper, I have a hard time doing anything without tearing everything apart. At least the lights came with adapters and built in resistors.

I’m waiting for dark before I judge the color and brightness.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
After some adjustments, they seem pretty decent. My first impressions are that the low beams are brighter/better than stock, but I wouldn’t say it’s the end all be all. The high beams however, are noticeably brighter and cast light much further than stock. The color is bright white at 6000k, but puts a purple hue on anything white.

Overall I’m happy with them.

IMG_9212.jpg

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
It took a few hours to install. One headlight didn’t fit right and I had to file the radial location tabs. In my case, I had to remove the vacuum pump, winch control box and entire front bumper. With the winch hidden inside the bumper, I have a hard time doing anything without tearing everything apart. At least the lights came with adapters and built in resistors.

I’m waiting for dark before I judge the color and brightness.

Other than the winch issue, doesn’t sound like too bad of an install. But overall definitely looks to be better than stock [emoji106] glad to see the upgrade! Especially for $50

bluejaxs

Installed the backup camera. It was pretty straight forward with the hardest part being routing the camera wires with RCA plugs through the small holes drilled through the bumper./QUOTE]

enjoying 'Oscar's Thread' lol - wife has a JKUR.

So looking into doing the backup camera for my wife's jeep - did you end up using OBD and JSCAN?? was JSCAN hard to use? I have the app and compatible OBD - just hesitant to buy a license is all...

sipafz

Caught the Bug
enjoying 'Oscar's Thread' lol - wife has a JKUR.

So looking into doing the backup camera for my wife's jeep - did you end up using OBD and JSCAN?? was JSCAN hard to use? I have the app and compatible OBD - just hesitant to buy a license is all...

Glad your enjoying the thread. I’ve had a blast designing and building many of the modifications over the last 3 years.

Installing a backup camera is relatively easy if you’re handy and have basic tools. I did use JScan, a OBDII WIFI Adapter and my iPhone to enable the backup camera function on both my JKU and wife’s KK.

JScan it’s self can be a little temperamental. It’s been my experience that not all the listed adaptations work. If you have issues, the developer is fairly responsive, but know that he lives in Poland and responses are not immediate. Overall I recommend JScan as an inexpensive alternative to aftermarket programmers. I’m beyond pleased with the performance especially considering that I only have $40 invested.

Here is a link to the JScan thread for more info:

https://wayalife.com/showpost.php?p=1119797

Last edited:
Top Bottom