VIDEO : GOLD DUST Part 5 - NITTO JKX / Send it in the Oceano Sand Dunes

wjtstudios

Hooked
On the AFM, you actually have specific lifters in the L94 and an extra plug on the back of the engine that allows that to work. So it’s kind of always there no matter what. The truck harness we use on Motech swaps includes the plug for AFM because it is a GM harness. If someone connected it during the original install then I suspect that’s the origin of the gremlin. I’m really curious to see what Robbie finds.

The AFM lifter thing is the reason I choose the L9H variant of the LS. If someone ever decides they want a cam upgrade, all I have to do is change the springs, cam, and delete the VVT. All that can be done pretty easily by pulling the front off the Jeep. On the L94 the heads have to be pulled and the lifters changed, something that becomes a bit challenging in the frame. Food for thought in case you ever decide you want to add some serious power to Moby. I was going to cam swap mine after the JKX but I’m thinking I might do something a little, bigger.[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

How much bigger will fit in that tiny engine compartment with out overheating?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Exodus 4x4

How much bigger will fit in that tiny engine compartment with out overheating?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Well, you just never really know until you try. Besides there is a lot room in there if you re-arrange some stuff.

Because you didn’t get enough air so you are adding a jet engine??? [emoji44]

Lol, there’s always room for improvement.

dillard09

Just finished the series this morning! Hell of a job yall 2 did. Such a great trip with some incredible people!! Thanks again for all yalls hard work!

Finally catching up after being gone. Nothing short of amazing. To go from the Rubicon in the high mountains all the way down to the coastline really does define what the JKX is all about. Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good videos. I think Moby was just getting back at you for leaving him home to much for the last year

:cheesy: More than likely. After years of trouble free operation, it's the only real explanation :crazyeyes:

As always, You and Cindy have chronicled your adventure and brought it to the rest of us in such a fashion that we come away feeling as if we could have been there. And, will, in some regard, put it on out "to do" bucket list.
Thank you for the sharing, the effort of bringing it to us and for allowing us to be a part of this community.

Thank you. We really do appreciate you saying as much.

On the AFM, you actually have specific lifters in the L94 and an extra plug on the back of the engine that allows that to work. So it’s kind of always there no matter what. The truck harness we use on Motech swaps includes the plug for AFM because it is a GM harness. If someone connected it during the original install then I suspect that’s the origin of the gremlin. I’m really curious to see what Robbie finds.

The AFM lifter thing is the reason I choose the L9H variant of the LS. If someone ever decides they want a cam upgrade, all I have to do is change the springs, cam, and delete the VVT. All that can be done pretty easily by pulling the front off the Jeep. On the L94 the heads have to be pulled and the lifters changed, something that becomes a bit challenging in the frame. Food for thought in case you ever decide you want to add some serious power to Moby. I was going to cam swap mine after the JKX but I’m thinking I might do something a little, bigger.[emoji41]

Thanks for all the great info. I've talked to Robbie about the problems we've been having and he started talking to me about LT's LOL. Not that I wouldn't love the upgrade, it's just that I already have a V8 :crazyeyes:

Just finished the series this morning! Hell of a job yall 2 did. Such a great trip with some incredible people!! Thanks again for all yalls hard work!

Thank you. It was good to have you out there with us :)

Finally catching up after being gone. Nothing short of amazing. To go from the Rubicon in the high mountains all the way down to the coastline really does define what the JKX is all about. Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

Hope you had a great time on the Rubicon and thank you again for the care package :cool:

Hope you had a great time on the Rubicon and thank you again for the care package :cool:

Most certainly did. Thanks again for the insider info. Found a great site just off ice Haus road the first night that believe it or not, had cell service. Again, really appreciate you letting us invade your space for a moment. Hopefully we didn’t hold you up too badly.

rubiDave

Great video series, really loved every episode. Great job you both do...
It was good to see the collective knowledge base of your group get your wiring issue resolved so you could finish the trip, and hope you're able to put the problem to rest for good now that you're home.
Bubba's airborne stunt was awesome to watch, and I'm amazed as everyone that there was no significant damage.
And, as always love to see inside thriving manufacturing businesses, especially here in California, where so many places are pulling up stakes and moving.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
finally had time to catch up! awesome video! Im glad to see you got Moby running good again before you made it to the sand dunes :thumb: also, how much air do you think Bubba got? :crazyeyes:

trailraider

good thing it's slow at work, I just powered through all of these "training videos" as I told my guys when they walked into the office. As always, enjoyed them all. great job.

Awesome video. Glad you got Moby figured out. It was great to see all the areas I’ve explored on video. We have spent quite a bit of time in and around Cerro Gordo. I noticed you were using hand held radios. Were they from Rugged radios and if so how do you like using that vs CB radio. Does Mel let his daughter drive? Need to bring in the new generation.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, we've been crazy busy with builds and trips but I finally found some time to randomly select a winner and that would be....

Finally caught up with all the episodes awesome videos as always! [emoji106][emoji482]

Congratulations JKRay!

Top Bottom