NEW Shoes for RUBICAT : 37x13.50R17 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro M/T Tires

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
We have a 3.5 " Metalcloak True Dual Rate lift. We're sleeved and gusseted. Regeared to 4.56.

Anything y'all can think of we'll need to do or adjust on our baby to fit these on comfortably?

Pinch seam?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have a very similar setup, but I wasn't even considering stepping up to 37s till I got my PR44 ordered up. That is a lots of weight hanging on a 30.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We have a 3.5 " Metalcloak True Dual Rate lift. We're sleeved and gusseted. Regeared to 4.56.

Anything y'all can think of we'll need to do or adjust on our baby to fit these on comfortably?

Pinch seam?

Sleeves and gussets won't do anything to help prevent an axle shaft break. 4.56 will be a strong ring and pinion setup but it'll leave you feeling like you've lost a lot of power pushing 37's. Pinch seam will have to be trimmed for sure.

Seabass

So after a year - how's the tire wearing?
That's always a big decision for me. I'd like to try something other than the KM2's I usually run but I get great mileage out of them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So after a year - how's the tire wearing?
That's always a big decision for me. I'd like to try something other than the KM2's I usually run but I get great mileage out of them.

Welcome to WAYALIFE! I should say that I'm pleasantly surprised at how well our Coopers are wearing - far better than the Nittos we were running before but the jury is still out in terms of how well they'll ultimately compared to KM2's.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Old thread but a lot of you will probably like the old memory of Rubicat Looking to purchase me some Cooper SST Pro 37X12.50X17. All the ads show the white lettering on one side. And looking at what Eddie has is black both sides. This is what I would like. Is there a difference when ordering? Thanks

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Old thread but a lot of you will probably like the old memory of Rubicat Looking to purchase me some Cooper SST Pro 37X12.50X17. All the ads show the white lettering on one side. And looking at what Eddie has is black both sides. This is what I would like. Is there a difference when ordering? Thanks

It's a size specific thing. 37's and 40's will not have white on one side. Smaller sizes will.

alpa

Hi Eddie, how are the STT PRO's holding up after 3 years? Did you have to replace them yet? How many miles on them?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eddie, how are the STT PRO's holding up after 3 years? Did you have to replace them yet? How many miles on them?

Unfortunately, we sold Rubicat and truth be told, we were running 40" STT Pros before we did. However, Moby has been running STT Pros for about as long and now has 28k on his. So far they're still holding up great and maybe have a bit more than half his tread left.

Here's a shot of him and his tires this morning - still hooking up great in the snow and ice :yup:

20190210151307-eaad2893-me.jpg

alpa

Unfortunately, we sold Rubicat and truth be told, we were running 40" STT Pros before we did. However, Moby has been running STT Pros for about as long and now has 28k on his. So far they're still holding up great and maybe have a bit more than half his tread left.

Here's a shot of him and his tires this morning - still hooking up great in the snow and ice :yup:

20190210151307-eaad2893-me.jpg

Thank you.

aermotor

I have the 37x12.5x17 with 36,000 and 2 of them are all the way down to the wear indicators in places and America's Tire will no longer rotate them due to them being "out of service life" — I will rotate them myself and get another few thousand out of them.

I wish I got a little more life but they have been a great tire.

Top Bottom