Fine dust in air intake tube

24 hour update...

I haven’t heard back or received an email response. This is after I spoke with the service advisor saying she would call me right back after she showed the pictures I took to the manager and tech.

3:30 pm today I called and was on the endless loop of ping ponging between service advisors. One eventually took my name and number down so they can contact me once the manager is done with a customer. Two hours later. Still no phone call. I probably won’t hear anything till Monday.

Ddays

Hooked
24 hour update...

I haven’t heard back or received an email response. This is after I spoke with the service advisor saying she would call me right back after she showed the pictures I took to the manager and tech.

3:30 pm today I called and was on the endless loop of ping ponging between service advisors. One eventually took my name and number down so they can contact me once the manager is done with a customer. Two hours later. Still no phone call. I probably won’t hear anything till Monday.

Hands down, worst day to try to get an answer from ANYONE is on a Friday. Too tempting to say fuck it and punt to Monday :grayno:

USMC Wrangler

24 hour update...

I’m still in a similar boat with the damage my dealership did to the dash during the airbag recall. 12/21 they jacked up my dash and ordered parts telling me it would be a week to week and a half. I called and left a voicemail for the service manager Tuesday and Wednesday then emailed him and the GM yesterday. No responses. I have a friend who knows the owner and will reach out that way tomorrow.

Sorry this is happening to you too! My Jeep has been to a dealer twice. First experience in Del Rio, TX was great. Latest in Sierra Vista, AZ has been beyond horrible.

USMC Wrangler

I have a k&n one on my WJ and have used one on other street cars with open aftermarket filters. It definitely works. You can visually see the dirt and grime stuck to it compared to the filter itself. It's much finer mesh than the metal screen on the filter media.

This ^^^^^ over the air box intake. Also try applying a thin layer of grease around the air filter seal. Yes it will be more to clean when changing it out. Might keep the dirt out, I know this is what we would do when racing Baja.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ordered that “pre-filter” material. I’ll post in my build thread how I attach it and any results I have.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

SDG

Caught the Bug
Dusty intake?
Mine is clean as a whistle.
20190113_124153.jpg

20190113_124235.jpg

Trying to make Tony proud, so I blew all the dust out of the engine compartment.
20190113_105916.jpg

By the way, this is a pretty sweet little airgun for $14. Has a venturi so it amplifies the amount of air that it blows.
20190113_105927.jpg

USMC Wrangler

Here are some updated pictures of the pre-filter material. This is simply from driving back and forth to work and general street driving. This is five days worth of driving and it has been a bit windy a couple of those days.

IMG_6966.jpg

IMG_6965.jpg

I simply pull it off, shake out the dust and reinstall. When I get it out on a dusty road/trail I’ll post any updates. Again, for $10 I’m pretty happy with the results so far.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Here are some updated pictures of the pre-filter material. This is simply from driving back and forth to work and general street driving. This is five days worth of driving and it has been a bit windy a couple of those days.

View attachment 319542

View attachment 319543

I simply pull it off, shake out the dust and reinstall. When I get it out on a dusty road/trail I’ll post any updates. Again, for $10 I’m pretty happy with the results so far.

Keep us posted would like to see the outcome.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Not to be a dick, But that really doesn’t show much. I don’t get dust in my intake driving on the street either. I get it in a group on dirt following people for miles and miles and miles. Do an hour in heavy dust ten cars behind the leader and then show the results and that might be a deciding factor.

WJCO

Meme King
I get it in a group on dirt following people for miles and miles and miles. Do an hour in heavy dust ten cars behind the leader and then show the results and that might be a deciding factor.

I still have dust on my dash and in-between the seats from an event like this a year ago. And windows were rolled up that day and I've cleaned the Jeep since.

USMC Wrangler

Not to be a dick, But that really doesn’t show much. I don’t get dust in my intake driving on the street either. I get it in a group on dirt following people for miles and miles and miles. Do an hour in heavy dust ten cars behind the leader and then show the results and that might be a deciding factor.

I never think you’re a dick. You’re a straight shooter which I appreciate. I completely agree that driving back and forth to work isn’t at all the same thing. I do find it interesting that it is catching stuff doing just that.

I do plan on testing in by following someone for miles in the dirt. If it doesn’t do shit, I’ll ditch it. I just figured I try it for $10 instead of a snorkel and a pre-filter.

Will that pre filter fit over a conical filer that's not in an air box?

Yes, that’s what it’s intended for. It just happens to fit nicely around the opening of the factory air box.

Keep us posted would like to see the outcome.

Will do!

Top Bottom