Well....This just happened. Crashed my JK

fiend

Caught the Bug
I see these kinds of accidents with some regularity. Usually it’s because the guy behind is texting rather than paying attention to the road. Not saying that was what happened here, but I’ve seen it aplenty.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I see these kinds of accidents with some regularity. Usually it’s because the guy behind is texting rather than paying attention to the road. Not saying that was what happened here, but I’ve seen it aplenty.

.... Or in the middle of posting to the “You’re Doing it Wrong” thread...

Good2Go

Glad everyone is OK.

Air bags didn’t pop? I wondered about this when I put my first aftermarket bumper on. I heard something about the heavy bumper could make it more prone for the sensors to tell the airbags to inflate.

Take care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Glad everyone is OK.

Air bags didn’t pop? I wondered about this when I put my first aftermarket bumper on. I heard something about the heavy bumper could make it more prone for the sensors to tell the airbags to inflate.

Take care.

Your airbags deploy based on force. There is a sensor inside your Jeep. Has nothing to do with your bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Good2Go

Your airbags deploy based on force. There is a sensor inside your Jeep. Has nothing to do with your bumper.

OK. I found it. ARB certifies their Bumpers won’t change the deployment rate of air bags.

“ Now, when you add a steel bumper or bull bar that is not designed to work with a vehicle featuring airbags, there is a chance that these accessories may affect the triggering of the airbag circuit. For instance, steel bumpers are way more solid than fiber ones, which are designed to crumple. Therefore, steel bumpers may make the crumple zones redundant and affect the algorithm that triggers the deployment of airbags.

If improperly triggered, the airbag may deploy earlier or later. Both cases are dangerous. If deployed early, the frontal airbag can snap the driver/passenger’s neck by pushing the head of the person behind at a very high speed. If deployed late, the airbag will fail to protect and the head of the driver/passenger could collide with the steering, causing grievous injuries or even death.”

Once again this reminds me to “buy quality”.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Glad everyone is OK.

Take care.

Nope. I was able to slow down enough where it didn’t hit so hard. Problem is even at 10-20 mph 6000lbs of solid steel makes a pretty good dent.

Top Bottom