Overlanding Gear

JKFlyer

Great thread...what about a power inverter? At least my 2010 needs it but maybe not the newer models?

I saw some things online about converting your stock rear bumper into a water reservoir...but many of us don't have stock bumpers anymore. There is something u can out on roof...great for showers or washing off

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

SDG

Caught the Bug
Great thread...what about a power inverter? At least my 2010 needs it but maybe not the newer models?

I saw some things online about converting your stock rear bumper into a water reservoir...but many of us don't have stock bumpers anymore. There is something u can out on roof...great for showers or washing off

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Or you could do this in true overlanding style...

SaddleTramp

I'm starting this thread so I can keep track in one place things I find of interest and might want to buy.

Focus on items to use in the jeep for camping…er…overlanding.

Feel free to post up as well if you see something along those lines too.

Please post up if you have used a product that has been posted, opinions (good or bad) are welcome. Well, except overlanders.

Hey Mike,

Have you had a chance to use that new stove? My folks have the same one but curious what you think. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger one one of them vs. the tried and true Coleman version.

LeighP

Cool thread idea. :)

One thing to think about with the chairs I've seen posted, if you're older or have a bad back then forget about those "no arm" chairs....they are really hard to get out of if you have mobility issues.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Hey Mike,

Have you had a chance to use that new stove? My folks have the same one but curious what you think. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger one one of them vs. the tried and true Coleman version.

Sadly no. I think Jags might have bought one. Maybe he has used it?

xkid

Nothing like a Colman. The thing just surprises the heck out of me.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WininUtah

The Ace Cargo Basket has really been nice to have. The wife and I have taken a couple of trips since adding it, great to throw the soft bags up there and have the cooler, Pelican Camera Case and recovery gear below.

http://www.aceengineeringandfab.com/ACE-JK-Rear-Cargo-Basket_p_109.html

In my JKUR:
medium800.jpg

Other items that I have, short reviews:

We have a couple of the Streamlight lanterns, they've been excellent for power shortages and I keep one in the Jeep when traveling. I don't leave it in Jeep, just afraid the batteries might leak on other stuff, especially in our 100 plus heat.

I have the Outback Products table, very well made, very handy. This was a very easy install using existing holes. I went with plastic cutting board as opposed to the Bamboo, didn't see the need for the upgrade. Rattles are always an issue and this table doesn't! In my JKUR:

medium800.jpg

Clem319

The Ace Cargo Basket has really been nice to have. The wife and I have taken a couple of trips since adding it, great to throw the soft bags up there and have the cooler, Pelican Camera Case and recovery gear below.

http://www.aceengineeringandfab.com/ACE-JK-Rear-Cargo-Basket_p_109.html

In my JKUR:
medium800.jpg

Other items that I have, short reviews:

We have a couple of the Streamlight lanterns, they've been excellent for power shortages and I keep one in the Jeep when traveling. I don't leave it in Jeep, just afraid the batteries might leak on other stuff, especially in our 100 plus heat.

I have the Outback Products table, very well made, very handy. This was a very easy install using existing holes. I went with plastic cutting board as opposed to the Bamboo, didn't see the need for the upgrade. Rattles are always an issue and this table doesn't! In my JKUR:

medium800.jpg

I really like that cargo basket. Does it secure well against theft or just sit on the rails?

Here's another cool tool. I have one and it works very well, just don't let Panda play with it, you'll never get it away from him, lol. (Again, under $20). ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408992358.157733.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408992379.096595.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Hey Mike,

Sadly no. I think Jags might have bought one. Maybe he has used it?

Bought it. Haven't used it. Looks great in the garage though. :crazyeyes:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I wouldn't mind a Baja basket, but not sure which one would fit with the arb fridge. Or would I need to get a roll out thing for the fridge.

WininUtah

I really like that cargo basket. Does it secure well against theft or just sit on the rails?

There are cross bars bolted to the same place as the hard top, longer bolts included. The basket is then bolted to the bars, nothing is loose. I did add some padding between the basket and bars to eliminate some rattling, an easy fix.

GCM 2

I wouldn't mind a Baja basket, but not sure which one would fit with the arb fridge. Or would I need to get a roll out thing for the fridge.

I cannot think of one cargo basket that will allow a fridge to fit underneath, and that's even without using the ARB fridge slide (which is pretty awesome). Most of the fridges are just too tall. I ran a rack made by Kilby for many years, not sure what the weight rating was, but I regularly had 100-150lbs worth of gear on it with no issues. Kind of regretting that I gave it away.......

image-3556080871.jpg

image-1800227600.jpg

image-2222256410.jpg

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I cannot think of one cargo basket that will allow a fridge to fit underneath, and that's even without using the ARB fridge slide (which is pretty awesome). Most of the fridges are just too tall. I ran a rack made by Kilby for many years, not sure what the weight rating was, but I regularly had 100-150lbs worth of gear on it with no issues. Kind of regretting that I gave it away.......

]

i'm starting to think a shelf with room underneath to put my camping totes in. and if not camping, i can throw other junk in there like all the stuff underneath my rear seat. been keeping my tow straps, winch remote and tool bag under the seat . plus it might act as a mini security deck. those racks are nice, but i can see getting stuff in and out of the fridge could be a pain.

MTG

Caught the Bug

/QUOTE]

Agreed. Thus I've been designing my own to build, which will allow the fridge to sit in the back and allow for some secured storage in the remaining area.

Top Bottom