2017 WAYALIFE MOAB Easter Jeep Safari RECAP

Brute

Hooked
Okay, this is out by Carlin if I recall. I just didn't know it by name.

It's weird because anywhere else I've been, the BLM has always been real nice but out in Moab, they act like they own the land instead of being stewards of it and that somehow, we are trespassers instead of taxpayers that employ them.

My understanding now is that the BLM presence in Utah (and perhaps everywhere else) has been cut back due to budget restraints compliments of the new administration...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

creeper

moab was GREAT!!!

Ran in to you at top of the world... Really great to meet you and Cindy, thanks for all the pix...

AdrockTT

Awesome pics, can't wait to get out there myself! Thanks for sharing.

Is the Jeep Quicksand concept 2WD? How would 4WD work w staggered 32/37 tires? Crazy gearing to account for the circumference?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My understanding now is that the BLM presence in Utah (and perhaps everywhere else) has been cut back due to budget restraints compliments of the new administration...

Not like I'm against the BLM or anything, I just don't want them to treat me like I'm some kind of criminal on tax funded "public" land.

Ran in to you at top of the world... Really great to meet you and Cindy, thanks for all the pix...

It was great meeting you up there as well :yup:

Awesome pics, can't wait to get out there myself! Thanks for sharing.

Is the Jeep Quicksand concept 2WD? How would 4WD work w staggered 32/37 tires? Crazy gearing to account for the circumference?

Funny you should ask because I asked the same question to Dynatrac being that it is their axles underneath the rig. Turns out that Dynatrac was able to calculate the proper ratio difference and was able to make it work in 4WD. :yup:

jesse3638

Hooked

Yes Trump repealed Obama's midnight initiative, the BLM Planning 2.0 initiative. It was only in place a few months and never really had time to be implemented. I don't feel it was good anyways. Too much power given to the state directors and taken from the people if you ask me.

Not like I'm against the BLM or anything, I just don't want them to treat me like I'm some kind of criminal on tax funded "public" land.

Yeah unfortunately a lot of BLM employees let their personal beliefs and agendas influence decisions that affect the public. If very frustrating to watch at times.

I'm really interested to see what the new Secretary of the Interior has in store.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Eddie & Cindy, Thanks for posting the photos, We were there but didn't get to run into you guys. We saw Mel in Spicy Chicken and M4 in EVO 1 cruse thru downtown one day as we were at the Jeep display and shopping the stores. Maybe next year!

jeeeep

Hooked
A lot of the locals are on edge over the Bears ears National Monument designation because the activist now feel they have momentum and are trying to get all the trails in Moab shut down to jeeps and the likes.
I've never seen the trail leaders on such edge as to make sure everyone stayed on the designated trails and followed all the rules , which Jeepers have been doing and taking good care of the trails for years.

From what I understand some outfit and I'm not sure if it's the BLM or something with the Department of interior has actually been measuring the width of the trails to determine if Jeeps are making them wider.

last couple of years some environmental group was forcing them to run water trucks to control the dust and then actually had dust collectors on some of the trails so they can measure how much dust was being created.

so tired of all the sky is falling mentality.
I've been going to Moab for at least 40 years and it's always been that dusty, it's a friggin desert!
Environmental activist just want to have everything everything shut down.
I think if it was truly up to them everyone will be looking at pictures of the outdoors and not actually enjoying it.

WJCO

Meme King
I think if it was truly up to them everyone will be looking at pictures of the outdoors and not actually enjoying it.

All of these activists need to be air dropped to the most remote location in our country with no man-made resources, no other people, no roads, and they can have their perfect Utopian environmental orgy all to themselves. The rest of us can enjoy OUR God-given environments around us without the infringement of political tools making us feel guilty for enjoying it the way we want to.

Journeyman

All of these activists need to be air dropped to the most remote location in our country with no man-made resources, no other people, no roads, and they can have their perfect Utopian environmental orgy all to themselves. The rest of us can enjoy OUR God-given environments around us without the infringement of political tools making us feel guilty for enjoying it the way we want to.

They would all die without all the modern conveniences.
I deal with this type of mentality on a daily bases. Daily I have to deal with people that are extremely rude and upset that we're working and maintaining the power line grid. Inconveniencing their day. But yet they adore the clean reliable power that gets supplied to their home/business.

Slimebones

They would all die without all the modern conveniences.
I deal with this type of mentality on a daily bases. Daily I have to deal with people that are extremely rude and upset that we're working and maintaining the power line grid. Inconveniencing their day. But yet they adore the clean reliable power that gets supplied to their home/business.

Prius Fucks.

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Every EJS we get a great photo shoot or video......many thanks for all of us that are far away and that dream of coming to MOAB during EJS. :thumb::thumb:

Brute

Hooked
Not like I'm against the BLM or anything, I just don't want them to treat me like I'm some kind of criminal on tax funded "public" land

I totally agree with you...public lands are for public use...and organizations that exist solely through our tax dollars should be more cognizant that they are working for us...

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
A lot of the locals are on edge over the Bears ears National Monument designation because the activist now feel they have momentum and are trying to get all the trails in Moab shut down to jeeps and the likes.
I've never seen the trail leaders on such edge as to make sure everyone stayed on the designated trails and followed all the rules , which Jeepers have been doing and taking good care of the trails for years.

From what I understand some outfit and I'm not sure if it's the BLM or something with the Department of interior has actually been measuring the width of the trails to determine if Jeeps are making them wider.

last couple of years some environmental group was forcing them to run water trucks to control the dust and then actually had dust collectors on some of the trails so they can measure how much dust was being created.

so tired of all the sky is falling mentality.
I've been going to Moab for at least 40 years and it's always been that dusty, it's a friggin desert!
The BLM has been measuring the trails pre and post EJS for years now. If the trail gets too much wider they close it down for a year. Hasn't happened in a few years but within last 5 it has happened. Sad part is you can look at tracks that shoot out off the designated trail and 99% of the time they are dirt bike/sxs tracks which you can easily tell by tire width. Most folks don't do it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom