Tow rigs

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Heading down to Long Beach for Jeep bash

I was wondering if you were gonna go. Mel had been asking us to come and Jim had asked if he could use Rubicat in his display but I couldn't get myself to drive all the way down to Long Beach just to sit around and do nothing for a day. Had I known you were going for sure, I may have considered it more as at least then I would have someone to drink with.

JeepFan

Hooked
I was wondering if you were gonna go. Mel had been asking us to come and Jim had asked if he could use Rubicat in his display but I couldn't get myself to drive all the way down to Long Beach just to sit around and do nothing for a day. Had I known you were going for sure, I may have considered it more as at least then I would have someone to drink with.
WTF! [emoji6]

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Haha! The old girl doesn't get out much and no one gets to see her. So it's a good time. Wonder why Jim didn't ask for this to be shown off? Does he know the Dana 53 is the next upgrade everyone wants ?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WTF! [emoji6]

LOL!! Funny, nobody said anything about going to this thing. I may have made more effort had I known but then, maybe that's why nobody said anything :thinking:

Haha! The old girl doesn't get out much and no one gets to see her. So it's a good time. Wonder why Jim didn't ask for this to be shown off? Does he know the Dana 53 is the next upgrade everyone wants ?

You should talk to him about that, if he has the room, you never know.

ADA OZ

IMG_2533.JPG

This doesn't happen very often but when it does...2006 Silverado 2500 Duramax with Allison tranny. Does just fine even though the weight is a little more than she's rated for with two.

RedSyndrome

It took me a while to find a toy hauler rated for a Jeep. I have a 40+ft trailer pulled by my F350 Duallie.
It is a Forest River Work and Play. Rated for 9300# cargo. 23 ft garage, 19ft front living quarters.
I have a '13 JKU Rubicon with 3.5" lift and 37 inch tires. It just fits under the bunk beds.

jeepworknplay.jpg
P5270156.jpg

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug

JKbrick

I’m a little disappointed with the Ram build and price options. My son wants to buy my Ram so I was pricing a new one to order. For some dumb reason you can’t get the Aisin transmission in a 2500, but the 3500 has leaf springs in the rear and I can’t believe it would ride even close to the coils in the 2500. Is there a way anyone knows to get a 2500 with the Aisin trans?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I’m a little disappointed with the Ram build and price options. My son wants to buy my Ram so I was pricing a new one to order. For some dumb reason you can’t get the Aisin transmission in a 2500, but the 3500 has leaf springs in the rear and I can’t believe it would ride even close to the coils in the 2500. Is there a way anyone knows to get a 2500 with the Aisin trans?

Nope. Only in 2500. I believe you just DD yours right? I would just get the 2500.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yes I work out of it but don’t tow with it. I am considering a gooseneck so I could haul my Jeep on trips was the biggest reason. Can you beef up the trans in a 2500?

What’s wrong with the 2500 trans? Your jeep would be nothing for the truck to tow. Gooseneck would be super overkill for it too (I would prefer to tow with a gooseneck though like you)

JKbrick

What’s wrong with the 2500 trans? Your jeep would be nothing for the truck to tow. Gooseneck would be super overkill for it too (I would prefer to tow with a gooseneck though like you)

Probably nothing wrong with it, I just thought if the other one was better I would get it! I loved how the Allison I had had a spin on filter and operated but gm has such a retarded def tank location and fill location I won’t buy one. The whole gooseneck thing is once again if it pulls better I’d rather have it even if it is overkill. I’m just weird

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Probably nothing wrong with it, I just thought if the other one was better I would get it! I loved how the Allison I had had a spin on filter and operated but gm has such a retarded def tank location and fill location I won’t buy one. The whole gooseneck thing is once again if it pulls better I’d rather have it even if it is overkill. I’m just weird

Oh I get the gooseneck. I’m all for them. And agree on the def tank. I just think the extra money for the better trans is overkill unless you tow a lot.

Top Bottom