VIDEO : MOAB - IT STARTS AGAIN / Part 4 - EVO Triple Threat Trail Run

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video. Yall make everything look so easy. Keeps me motivated to build up my jeep to do this one day.

To be fair, In addition to the JL being a really nice Jeep that can do a lot, all the drivers you see have been doing this a long time :yup:

Man that looked like the best time ever! Now i realy cant wait to go there. Thanks for all your hard work making these videos for us. You guys realy cranked them out fast!

LOL!! Thank you for noticing how quickly we got these done. You have no idea how many all nighters we've pulled off to make it happen. :crazyeyes:

That was great!

That 2.0 turbo didn't seem to show any lag on the obstacles. Was it an automatic?

Did it require the same tap shift into manual mode as the 3.6 on the obstacles?

:thumb:

So, the interesting thing about the 2.0L Turbo is that off the line, it doesn't even use the engine. Being a semi-hybrid, it uses it's electric motor to get you going so if anything, there's zero lag. It's extremely responsive and if you watched the video to the very very end, it's crazy quick off the line. In stock form, I literally could break the tires and get them spinning on dirt. :shock:

Awesome video and great scenery, like that skyline view!

It really is crazy pretty out there. :yup:

Another great video. The hits just keep coming.
I am barely into my JK, and these videos are making me jealous of the new JL.

Having the three rigs in different states gives a real good comparison, and shows how capable they are stock, as well as how each stage of build gives it a little more.

EVO with the coil overs is like having an easy button.

I wonder how the new axles are going to last once they start getting worked hard with 37s? I guess time will tell.

What was really nice about having these 3 JL's and all in different stages of build is that they were all driven by experienced drivers. It really was a true test of what each could do and you could really see how bone stock, they can still do quite a bit.

As far as the axles go, they are bigger and beefier but as you've pointed out, only time will tell for sure. Give me till the end of the year and I'll let you know :cool:

22:39 summed it all at. Great video and wishing I could someday be a part of that great adventure.

It would be great if you could join us out there some day :yup:

Superbe vidéo, ça reste un rêve pour moi .... mais malgré la distance .... peut être un jour, j'espère ... Merci pour ce partage.

Superb video, it remains a dream for me .... but despite the distance .... may be a day, I hope ... Thank you for sharing.

Thank you. You should know that Jeeps can be rented in Moab. If you ever get a chance, the opportunity awaits you :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome video. Will add to my bucket list.

Thank you and it definitely is a must for any Jeeper :yup:

Eddie I really enjoyed wheeling and hanging out with you and Cindy on this run. It was a real honor to make the video and hopefully we can connect again someday. Great video, you guys really captured the beautiful.

:cheesy: Hey Jeff, I really do apologize for not recognizing who you were when we met that morning. Soon after, Cindy had to remind me and I felt pretty stupid. It is funny how you were in fact able to make the video though - kinda makes me wonder if you might have sabotaged Scott just for the opportunity :D

Had a great time wheeling with you and hope to do again in the future :thumb:

Great video Eddie and Cindy. Can’t wait to see the progress of JET Li.

Thank you :cool:

Great video! Cool to see the stock 2.0 keeping up as well as it did[emoji106]

At the hands of a good driver, a stock JLUR can do amazing things. :yup:

Great videos as usual. Nice to see the new diesel 2.0 in action.

Actually, it's not a diesel but a semi-hybrid with gas turbo. :yup:

Cool video with awesome Jeep action.

“That’s what she said!” :cheesy:

LOL!! Thank you :thumb:

benatc1

Hooked
Really enjoyed the video, cool to see how well the stock JL did, even tho it looked like it’s took its fair share of a beating it kept plugging along over obstacles. EVO has some crazy flex. Curious to hear more on the 2.0 as more people get their hands on it, did it seem to have good torque at low RPMs? I guess now you need to get Rubicat sold so you can add the 2.0 to the garage lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video! Has had to be great, reliving the experience as you build Jet Li up. Moby just makes everything a little easier, Jet makes it more interesting!

Oh yeah, there's no comparing Moby or even Rubicat to the JL. They are just lightyears ahead of Jet Li. As much as we love him, I'd be lying if I said there weren't times when we weren't missing either of our JK's out there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really enjoyed the video, cool to see how well the stock JL did, even tho it looked like it’s took its fair share of a beating it kept plugging along over obstacles. EVO has some crazy flex. Curious to hear more on the 2.0 as more people get their hands on it, did it seem to have good torque at low RPMs? I guess now you need to get Rubicat sold so you can add the 2.0 to the garage lol

LOL!! Truth be told, Rubicat would still kick the shit out of the EVO JL in terms of speed, performance and most importantly - COMFORT. If anything, this trip reminded us of how far we still have to go to get our JL feeling and wheeling on the same level. The 2.0L turbo is nothing short of amazing though. Being that it's a semi-hybrid, the low end torque is FAR SUPERIOR due to the fact that it uses its electric motor to get you going. The turbo only kicks in when it needs to kick in - when you're already on it and moving faster. This really ain't no lame ass turbo or supercharger like what guys have been putting on their JK's and thinking they've got meaningful power.

jmo801

I love your videos! They’re very high quality and entertaining. I’m always looking forward to new ones coming out. I think I’ve watched pilgrimage to promise land like 100 times. It’s my favorite series to watch when we are about to head out for a Moab trip. If you don’t mind me asking. What camera and video settings do you use when filming your videos?

benatc1

Hooked
LOL!! Truth be told, Rubicat would still kick the shit out of the EVO JL in terms of speed, performance and most importantly - COMFORT. If anything, this trip reminded us of how far we still have to go to get our JL feeling and wheeling on the same level. The 2.0L turbo is nothing short of amazing though. Being that it's a semi-hybrid, the low end torque is FAR SUPERIOR due to the fact that it uses its electric motor to get you going. The turbo only kicks in when it needs to kick in - when you're already on it and moving faster. This really ain't no lame ass turbo or supercharger like what guys have been putting on their JK's and thinking they've got meaningful power.

Yea the comfort thing makes all the difference! That’s good info on the turbo engine that I didn’t know (haven’t done much research yet). Definitely going to consider this option moving fwd.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I love your videos! They’re very high quality and entertaining. I’m always looking forward to new ones coming out. I think I’ve watched pilgrimage to promise land like 100 times. It’s my favorite series to watch when we are about to head out for a Moab trip. If you don’t mind me asking. What camera and video settings do you use when filming your videos?

Honestly, we just use an old Sony Handycam that we got a Costco years ago. It literally is being held together with electrical tape. We need to upgrade :crazyeyes:

PatyWagon

Another top notch video, always beautiful scenery and awesome action shots. If you have the capability, throw the video up on the big tv, whole nother experience!! showcases amazing jeep engineering at its best-stock to built!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ibgpin

Another entertaining and well done video. My favorite of the Moab series because of the ability to see 3 different level JL's in action. From what I see you don't have to spend a lot of money on the JL suspension to make it quite capable, Jet-Li did great with the budget lift. After watching all these Videos I am thinking Let-Li looks good in white, the JL I ordered is Firecracker red, but it came in with the wrong equipment and has to be reordered, I am giving serious consideration of changing to white, thanks for all the work you and Cindy do putting these videos together.

whitey66

Cindy and I had planned on leaving Moab ahead of the big crush that always comes in toward the end of EJS but then, we decided to stick around for another day and so that we could join EVO on their run across the Poison Spider Mesa, Golden Spike and Gold Bar Rim trails. Or, what most people refer to as, Triple Threat! Of course, what really made this run so much fun was the fact that we'd be running it with 2 other Jeep JL Wranglers and with completely different stages of build. The EVO JL Wrangler with its high clearance long arms, coil overs and 37’s would certainly be the most modified in our group and our JL running a budget boost and 37’s would put us somewhere in the middle. However, it’d be our good friends Scott and Jenna’s brand new 2.0L Turbo that we were most excited to see and especially being that it was still bone stock. We hope you enjoy our presentation. :cool:

More than just being the newest model Jeep, the best part about owning a JL Wrangler is the fact that its allowed us to start all over again. We get to install new lift kits, new wheels and tires and all kinds of new accessories but even better than that, we've been able to experience the thrill of wheeling a brand new Jeep, in a place like Moab and like it was our very first time. "MOAB : IT STARTS AGAIN" is a WAYALIFE Epic Trex Adventure that highlights the all new pilgrimage we made out to the promised land in JET Li, our lightly modified Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. Along for the ride were our good friends Tony and Steph who came in their near identical JL Wrangler and Et and Michelle who came in their moderately modified JK Wrangler Unlimited.

WIN a Pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you'd like to WIN a pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses Giveaway, all you have to do is post up a response on this thread and let us know what you think of the video. Doing this will automatically enter into our drawing. A WINNER will be selected at random and announced before our next video release. :cool:

videos are EXCELLENT showing the many possibilities of run what you brung !!!!

A.J.

Actually, it's not a diesel but a semi-hybrid with gas turbo. :yup:

We’ll tickle me stupid! Lol! I just assumed it was a diesel. That’s what I get for watching with the sound off! Kinda got my hopes up.

woof359

looks fun

after watching these videos and sharing them for 5 years we decided to check out Moab on our own, we leave Thur and expect to get there Friday night, need to pick up the trail book first and then hit the easy to moderate trails and check out the hills, I learned a lot from watching all your films, Many Thanks, Chuck and Michelle

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Another awesome video. Great work Eddie and Cindy. There’s just no place quite like Moab. You guys do a great job of capturing it for how it really is. Although you just have to experience it in person to actually see how steep some climbs are or how big a ledge really is. How long did it take your group to run all three trails? Thanks for the entertainment.

Top Bottom