EVO: The lift options

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I know all about the doubleD kit. It has frame side brackets that hang down compared to the high clearance which has the brackets welded along the side of the rear frame and no clearance lost. My question was if those brackets could be coupled with the stock rear axle brackets rather than the high clearance axle brackets that require you to run coilovers.

My bad you're right, I was misreading what I thought was only the axle side brackets were changed.

JK's JK

Banned
When running BOLT-ON Coil-Overs with the HIGH CLEARANCE Long Arm Kit, a CUSTOM Bracket is made for the REAR and The EVO Rock Stars ARE NOT USED.

It should be noted that these kits are made to be able to sold / shipped and installed all over. ORE can and will custom fabricate different things to allow our customers to run different set-ups.

I'm fully aware that the EVO rock stars are not used in the High clearance lift. What I'm wanting to do is re-weld back on the factory bracket over the plate that's welded onto the axle. Using EVO rock stars to not have to buy coil overs at that moment and when I'm all done, cut the factory bracket right off. You have two lifts that are 2400 that do the same thing essentially. One you can use all stock stuff, one you have to do some modification along with buying 9k plus in coil over parts. I'm wanting to save my self a bunch of money skipping one whole step.

Maybe I'm alone on this one but I truly think it can be done. :rolleyes2: Like I said I do plan on calling to confirm all this.

Last edited:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I'm fully aware that the EVO rock stars are not used in the High clearance lift. What I'm wanting to do is re-weld back on the factory bracket over the plate that's welded onto the axle. Using EVO rock stars to not have to buy coil overs at that moment and when I'm all done, cut the factory bracket right off. You have two lifts that are 2400 that do the same thing essentially. One you can use all stock stuff, one you have to do some modification along with buying 9k plus in coil over parts. I'm wanting to save my self a bunch of money skipping one whole step.

Maybe I'm alone on this one but I truly think it can be done. :rolleyes2: Like I said I do plan on calling to confirm all this.

The geometry is going to be off, you just can't do it. It has nothing to do with the long arm johnny joints fitting the factory brackets.

Run the double d upgrade. Then you will just need to buy the rear frame brackets and axle brackets when you ready for coilovers and the high clearance set up,

Last edited:

JK's JK

Banned
The geometry is going to be off, you just can't do it. It has nothing to do with the long arm johnny joints fitting the factory brackets.

Run the double d upgrade. Then you will just need to buy the rear frame brackets and axle brackets when you ready for coilovers and the high clearance set up,

I want the full setup all the way installed except for the EVO lever system/ Coil over system. I just want coils and shocks instead. Isn't coil overs just all in one:thinking:

How would the geometry be off if its completely installed and you use coils and shocks? I'm trying to understand the lift so I'm well informed.

I personally wouldnt mind either lift but I'd rather go with a notch up.

I'll find out tomorrow since I didn't get a call back today. I'll lay it all out on the table and see what happens. However if anyone has up close and personal pictures of the rear setup, I'd appreciate those pictures.

I do however appreciate everyone's input on this subject. :rock:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Not to be a dick but clearly you do not understand it. If people who work at EVO and have worked in the industry are telling you there is more to it and it won't work, listen.

JK12

Why don't you try and save up for the High clearance long arms and the rear bolt on coilovers? That will save you money even if you have to wait longer and do it the right way

JAGS

Hooked
Not to be a dick but clearly you do not understand it. If people who work at EVO and have worked in the industry are telling you there is more to it and it won't work, listen.

I'd have to agree with you. I just went and read this whole thread to gain knowledge myself. Lots of knowledgeable replies on here.

JK's JK

Banned
Why don't you try and save up for the High clearance long arms and the rear bolt on coilovers? That will save you money even if you have to wait longer and do it the right way

I have the money that's not the problem. I'd rather take one step at a time. Blow all my money on one setup and snap a axle. Of course this is just a elaborated stretch but I'd like to flex better than I'm currently on than lift that I have.

I'd have to agree with you. I just went and read this whole thread to gain knowledge myself. Lots of knowledgeable replies on here.

I fully agree there are some knowledgeable people that replied on this tread however the only thing so far I've got out of it is geometry wont work. But why?

JK12

I have the money that's not the problem. I'd rather take one step at a time. Blow all my money on one setup and snap a axle. Of course this is just a elaborated stretch but I'd like to flex better than I'm currently on than lift that I have.

Why would breaking an axle have to do with the set up of long arms and coilovers? The only thing you would change is brackets on the axle side which wouldn't be much of a problem. Why not just do the high clearance and rear only coilovers? No issue with messing with and fabricating brackets that way

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

I fully agree there are some knowledgeable people that replied on this tread however the only thing so far I've got out of it is geometry wont work. But why?

If you change the position of the control arms on frame, don't you think it needs to be changed on the other end?

JK's JK

Banned
Here are some photos from ORE.

From the back, comparing the OEM mount to the high clearance mounts.
View attachment 63339

From the front, comparing the OEM mount to the high clearance mounts.
View attachment 63340

Every inch matters ;)
View attachment 63338

Why would breaking an axle have to do with the set up of long arms and coilovers? The only thing you would change is brackets on the axle side which wouldn't be much of a problem. Why not just do the high clearance and rear only coilovers? No issue with messing with and fabricating brackets that way

I'm making a connection between the EVO lever being 5k and a new front 44 is 5k (General cost, does not include other things).

-Double D
-High Clearance

-Both have the same front end but different arms
-The rear end is what is different
-One uses stock setup, one relocates the bracket on the axle housing and moves the bracket from the bottom of the frame to inside the frame.
-Both require control arms
-both require a axle shaft
-They however dont have the same on sway bar and track bar.

If you look at the picture the flat part of the bracket that's welded, use that mounting plate form and re-weld the stock bracket back on top of that. Use the EVO rock stars to reinstall the sway bar, shocks and track bar.

-So far the only thing I've heard is geometry that would be effected when going from one shock to the other but the only thing changing is where the control arm is located.

Well, I think I'm done with this until tomorrow when I've finally talked with EVO.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm making a connection between the EVO lever being 5k and a new front 44 is 5k (General cost, does not include other things).

-Double D
-High Clearance

-Both have the same front end but different arms
-The rear end is what is different
-One uses stock setup, one relocates the bracket on the axle housing and moves the bracket from the bottom of the frame to inside the frame.
-Both require control arms
-both require a axle shaft
-They however dont have the same on sway bar and track bar.

If you look at the picture the flat part of the bracket that's welded, use that mounting plate form and re-weld the stock bracket back on top of that. Use the EVO rock stars to reinstall the sway bar, shocks and track bar.

-So far the only thing I've heard is geometry that would be effected when going from one shock to the other but the only thing changing is where the control arm is located.

Well, I think I'm done with this until tomorrow when I've finally talked with EVO.

Just an FYI drew@offroadevolution works at ORE. He's going to tell you the same thing he told you here.

ttfhell

Just an FYI drew@offroadevolution works at ORE. He's going to tell you the same thing he told you here.

I don't follow.

Top Bottom