WJ on one tons and 37's

trplxj

Awesome work! Can’t wait to see it out on the trails here in Utah. We’ll have to get out this year for sure.

Hopefully this summer. Had a set back today when I broke the grizzly in the rear axle. My own fault, I didn’t know that I needed to remove the thrust washers when I put the locker in. [emoji853] damn thing didn’t come with any instructions, and I failed to google it. Lesson learned. I’m going to take it apart tomorrow and hope like hell the ring and pinion are okay.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

trplxj

Been a while since I updated this post. I haven’t done much other than buy more parts. But today I started rebuilding the 42re trans. I had a extra one and decided to give it a try. I’ve never rebuilt a automatic before. Honestly it hasn’t been too bad, just following the step by step instructions in the book. That is until I started on the shift kit. That was a little harder than I expected. But I got it done after having shit fly across the shop several times and then having to find it. Once I get the trans done I’m going to install the front locker and on board air. After that some rework on the front suspension. I’m going to rebuild the track bar and mounts to see if I can reduce the amount of bump steer. Then I want to put a 20* bend in the lower arms to keep the tires from rubbing on them and be able to turn from lock to lock.

I’m hoping to have all this done by the end of next week.

I didn’t take any pictures today, too busy reading and making sure I didn’t fubar anything. When I do the suspension work I’ll be sure to take some pictures and post them.

WJCO

Meme King
Congrats on doing it yourself. Not too hard, but a lot of fucking parts to keep track of.

trplxj

Congrats on doing it yourself. Not too hard, but a lot of fucking parts to keep track of.

Hell yes there is. Overall it’s going pretty good. It’s actually been kinda fun, it’s nice to work on something that doesn’t have to be done right now cause I need it for a change.

trplxj

So sweet i love seeing custom builds! great work cant wait to see some pics of you wheeling it.

Thanks, it’s been a hell of a project. Lately I’ve been struggling with every little thing that I’ve done to it. I’ll get it all done this summer though, just need to keep at it.

trplxj

Nice work!
Does it matter the amount of teeth in the new tone ring for it to work with the computer?

The number of teeth does matter, if I remember right I could have got 52 or 60 tooth. I went with the 52. I think if I’d gone with the 60 my speedo would be almost dead on. Right now it reads about 10% slow. But I have a speedo signal converter from Dakota Digital to adjust the signal. I haven’t installed it yet though I just got it on Thursday.

Grandzilla

Dana 60 rear and Dana 44hd front

15592469814934031817086545777499.jpg 15592472348266966852922644888935.jpg

Has a IRO 6.5 inch long arm lift and the axle swap pushed it another 3 inches. Sitting on 37's.

Top Bottom