Black Friday deals??? Who has the best

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I do that, the best I can. I use the local ACE Hardware as much as I can, for instance. It’s funny. Everyone wants to make a lot of money, but no one wants to pay an extra nickel for anything.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exactly, I’d rather pay more to have someone who knows what the hell they’re talking about, instead of the same old, “uh, I think it’s in aisle 458”

jesse3638

Hooked
Exactly, I’d rather pay more to have someone who knows what the hell they’re talking about, instead of the same old, “uh, I think it’s in aisle 458”
One of the funniest stories I have where with my coworkers at a big box home improvement store. My current coworker thought he'd get one over on our other coworker by saying he needed to find "calibaster blocks". He was referring to glass block but called them this to confuse our other coworker. So the confused coworker asked an associate and the two of them searched all over for calibaster blocks. All the while my coworker is following laughing his assistant off...haha.

People these days have a hard time saying "I don't know" or "Let me find someone who can help with that." let alone own up to a mistake. I agree and will pay the extra to support a local business or a company with great customer service. It's why I go to the same barber shop (husband and wife) that I've been going to since I was 7 years old. I'm 37 now.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nespoli1

Guys I started the thread. I am regretting even doing it. Don’t think it needs to get this hostile over someone seeking advice. Don’t see how you can get that pissed over someone else’s reply who didn’t share the same experience you did with the other retailer on a public forum. We get it. Exodus Jeep is a good shop. They are not the only shop. They just happen to be the only shop I see on this forum who replies often. I will say this though and I am sure I speak for others. Customer Service goes along way and publicly going on a forum and being disrespectful to the very people u want to sell parts to is no way to do business. I know Northridge Doesn’t Do that!!!! Lol

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Guys I started the thread. I am regretting even doing it. Don’t think it needs to get this hostile over someone seeking advice. Don’t see how you can get that pissed over someone else’s reply who didn’t share the same experience you did with the other retailer on a public forum. We get it. Exodus Jeep is a good shop. They are not the only shop. They just happen to be the only shop I see on this forum who replies often. I will say this though and I am sure I speak for others. Customer Service goes along way and publicly going on a forum and being disrespectful to the very people u want to sell parts to is no way to do business. I know Northridge Doesn’t Do that!!!! Lol

Fuck you too.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Don’t see how you can get that pissed over someone else’s reply who didn’t share the same experience you did with the other retailer on a “PUBLIC FORUM”.

Where did you get the misconception that this is a public forum? It’s privately owned and paid for by sponsors and the owners. How much did you pay for your membership that allows you browse endless technical posts and how to’s? Converse with other like minded people on Jeep topics or any other topic you care to bring up. Post your stories and pictures while enjoying others? How much??

The point is that it’s disrespectful to the forum, sponsors and owners to have lengthy conversations about non-supporting vendors and their so called deals. Have some class and support the forum that you love by supporting the vendors that support it. If you can’t do that then at least keep it to yourself or better yet talk about your great deals somewhere else.

Also, I’m sorry for singling you out, as I say this to everyone that doesn’t have a clue.

BaddestCross

Eh, it's not even non-supporting vendors that are frowned upon, it's vendors that have done wrong to the forum or it's members. It's a pretty short list... Really like 3 or 4 that you'll get torn up for talking about. Unfortunately for the new guys, it takes bringing them up to find out which ones they are. 😂

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Exodus 4x4

Are you implying that I was being disrespectful?

devonn216

I see your bio says you run motobilt bumpers. That says all I need to know about you

This is another one of those things where some people have issues with a particular vendor and others don’t. It’s that simple. I lived at Fort Rucker for a short time and they were the only local shop so I got their bumpers. I have posted about the experience some good some bad. I try to stay impartial in all of the frequent arguments I see on here. I find it hilarious really. I don’t get as mad about dudes shooting RPGs at me as some people do about their Jeep vendor issues lol

longarmwj

This is another one of those things where some people have issues with a particular vendor and others don’t. It’s that simple. I lived at Fort Rucker for a short time and they were the only local shop so I got their bumpers. I have posted about the experience some good some bad. I try to stay impartial in all of the frequent arguments I see on here. I find it hilarious really. I don’t get as mad about dudes shooting RPGs at me as some people do about their Jeep vendor issues lol

If you don’t like how we respond to corrupt vendors and people who have disrespected the forum, then why are you here?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

You try to stay impartial yet you won’t drop this northridge shit. Fuck you.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Since we have two threads going on this, I’m going to drop this quote from the other thread in, for all you Northridge fans.

Fact: I sent a friend to Northridge to spend about $12k.

Fact: NR sold him wheels that would not work with the lift they also sold him, forcing my friend to go find and buy spacers locally in the middle of an install in my garage.

Fact: NR sold him LED lights that would not work with the bumper they also sold him.

Fact: NR then charged his credit card, without his permission, to send him out the proper LED lights and refused to take the other pair back.

Fact: Many of the boxes showed up without hardware; some of the hardware was sent to the wrong state and arrived weeks later, some of the hardware never showed up.

Fact: NR pushed sleeves on people even though it was well-known that sleeves did nothing to prevent housing bends/leaks at the pumpkin.

Fact: the owner of NR would rather play golf than go wheeling.

Fact: NR bit the very hand that fed it in a way that speaks volumes about NR.

I could go on, but talking about NR bores me.

Top Bottom