How to change beadlock ring color?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, they are powder coated yellow.
So do you suggest to prime and paint it directly on the yellow? If yes I think that it will much easier...right?

Yes. I would sand the face of the rings but NOT to the metal - just to give it a bit more tooth and wipe it down with something like Xylene before priming and painting. Remember, Xylene is really toxic so make sure to wear gloves and a good respirator when using.

Guascone

Yes. I would sand the face of the rings but NOT to the metal - just to give it a bit more tooth and wipe it down with something like Xylene before priming and painting. Remember, Xylene is really toxic so make sure to wear gloves and a good respirator when using.

Ok, clear! Thanks for suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Recurve

Oh yea such a waste :rollseyes:
View attachment 234648

OP- I would have the paint stripped off and then repaint them yourself with a can of spray paint. This will allow you to touch them up and cheaper than having it powder coated. I would paint them red cause red looks awesome with anvil

Agreed , red would look good. Good can of spray paint can look great, plus after you get the rings scratched up you can just coat them again in a couple minutes.

OhNoTheJiggies

IMG_1481932757.888803.jpg
I'd do red, I had my rock ring plasti dipped black but it scrapped off on larger branches and a few small rocks (don't have many rocks, that are on the bigger side, around me). But it'll look great with the ring being red. I do agree that I would paint it myself though so you can touch up as needed.

PATRIOTKJM

If you want to get the yellow powder coat off you can use aircraft stripper. We do it all the time on aluminum parts that are to thin to handle the pressure of our media blaster. Brush the aircraft stripper on and 20 minutes later the powder coat will come off. I recommend raw beadlocks for the least maintenance.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Try contacting WheelPros. They are the manufacturer of ATX, KMC and a whole host of other wheels and they might be able to help you out.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Yea, I went to the ATX website and thought I'd find something there but no luck. I'll give WheelPros a shout, just out of curiosity. I'm actually in good shape currently.

I have an extra ring.

(Don't ask why or how lol)

That's what happens when you wheel as hard as you do!

Guascone

Following your suggestion I painted the ring by myself...[emoji3]
The next days I'll assemble them on the wheels...we will see if they will finally look good...

IMG_3440.jpg
IMG_3441.jpg
IMG_3445.jpg

Top Bottom