Hot Rods & Old Classics - Lets See Em...

fiend

Caught the Bug

That’s what I was thinking. That engine was made long before hardened valve seats and steeper contact angles. Who knows, maybe the heads were replaced or updated along the way?

The lead would be for the valves, assuming the heads haven’t been redone with hardened seats.

The high octane would be for a high compression build. I doubt someone would build a street 383 that requires such high octane. But who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
The lead would be for the valves, assuming the heads haven’t been redone with hardened seats.

The high octane would be for a high compression build. I doubt someone would build a street 383 that requires such high octane. But who knows.

It’s quite a bit of work to machine out the old soft seats! One of these days I will find out first hand since I have a Chevy 396 from a 67 Chevelle sitting in the basement. It will require the heads to be modified for hard seats, new valves and all the related valve train parts. It might be easier just to replace both heads since they are not original. I believe that they were off a 427 and are closed chamber putting the compression at 11 to 1 or so.

p38

Caught the Bug
Here's my '34 Ford Roadster

1934 Ford Roadster - original, all steel car. 1940's hot rod
IMG_7125.JPG
IMG_5902 2.jpg

Cali6pack

My oldest son has a 1953 Willys
IMG_0691.jpg
The second son has a 1985 cj7
IMG_2982.jpg
The third son has a 1949 Chevy
IMG_3293.jpg

Then my oldest son got another project before the first was finished
IMG_9834.jpg

Last edited:

Unrestored 1975 Ford Thunderbird Copper Edition with 5,000 original miles came in for minor paintless dent removal. Figured it fit here
View attachment 329358

Sweet baby Jesus. 75 bird.

God damn id rock the piss outta this thing. Definitely calls for obnoxiously big gold watch and wife beater with plaid shorts. Too much cologne and a cigarette.

Think John Daly...

Last edited:
Top Bottom