Exodus Jeeps 7075 XD Tie Rods

Exodus 4x4

Would you open up the tapered hole to where the bottom of the threads just stop at the top surface of the knuckle?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You’ll notice when you first put the reamer in the hole you can rock it back and forth ever so slightly. Normally I ream just enough to take the wobble out. If you get to aggressive you can actually open it up enough that the threads will sit above the knuckle. Not the end of the world, but you have to use a washer then to make sure you’re not running out of threads.

Exodus 4x4

Any photos you could show of what it should look like. Will be ordering this shortly

I don’t have any and not sure when the next install will be. It probably sounds more intimidating than it really is. You already have a taper in it, so all you’re doing is changing the taper slightly to match the taper of the GM tie rod end. It really is a minimal amount. Next time we install one at the shop I’ll make a video.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I just covered the internal area with marking compound then ran the reamer in by hand until I got fresh metal all the way through the taper.

Also I have this reamer if anyone in the area needs to borrow it. I could also send it to members and you return it when your done. I’m sure it would be cheaper than buying one you’ll probably only use once. Just PM me either way.

Exodus 4x4

I just covered the internal area with marking compound then ran the reamer in by hand until I got fresh metal all the way through the taper.

Also I have this reamer if anyone in the area needs to borrow it. I could also send it to members and you return it when your done. I’m sure it would be cheaper than buying one you’ll probably only use once. Just PM me either way.

Yeah that’s the sure way to do it. Been a while since I’ve used it but Permatex makes some called Prussian blue.

Ddays

Hooked
Look what the FedEx cat drug in today :rock:

Sunglasses and stickers too :brows:

Thanks Bubba - this is a manly tie rod

TR .jpg

TRE.jpg

Whitarmy

Thanks! Wish we could make them for the JL’s, but that’s going to take a little more effort🤪

7* reamer will do the job. They’re not cheap but I’m working on maybe a tool rental thing. Customers pay $100 deposit and we ship a reamers with the tie rod. When they send it back we refund $75, or something like that. Haven’t quite figured it out yet.

Awesome idea. Saves the customers money and makes it worth your effort. Win win

Top Bottom