Running Carpetless in a JKU

Parks34

Merged here. Both of our Jeeps had it, not sure what it is. We just sanded it so it wasn't glossy and the bedliner adheres just fine. If you're going to bedline the tub, you won't see it hardly. Especially if you have floor mats on top.

View attachment 315825

I appreciate it. The main reason I was asking is when it leaked, it soaked it up and started peeling like rtv

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Braxtonsag

Looks nice! Is there an increae in sound?

Thank you both! As far as sound I’d say barely. Mines always been loud anyways due to the soft top so it wasn’t really much of a noticeable transition. It’s extremely nice not worrying about moldy carpet, the kids spilling shit, etc. all I have to do is pull the plugs and hose it out. A lot grippier than bare floor as well.

One major thing though is the driver footwell will get noticeably hotter somedays. When we travel I have to have the AC blazing on the foot well because it gets so damn hot with radiated heat. Debating on deleting the loop in the exhaust to try and remedy it a bit but honestly not in much of a hurry

jesse3638

Hooked
Thank you both! As far as sound I’d say barely. Mines always been loud anyways due to the soft top so it wasn’t really much of a noticeable transition. It’s extremely nice not worrying about moldy carpet, the kids spilling shit, etc. all I have to do is pull the plugs and hose it out. A lot grippier than bare floor as well.

One major thing though is the driver footwell will get noticeably hotter somedays. When we travel I have to have the AC blazing on the foot well because it gets so damn hot with radiated heat. Debating on deleting the loop in the exhaust to try and remedy it a bit but honestly not in much of a hurry
I wouldn't delete the loop as it has a purpose. Plus I doubt it would be noticeable. Maybe put additional heat shield underneath and running a heavy floor mat.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKEmmy

Spray in liner....?

Well, I think it's time. I've been chasing leaks for a couple rainy seasons now and I can't seem to stop them, only slow them. So I suppose pulling out the carpet and lining the inside is the way to go! I'd like to hear the latest and greatest on opinions. I'd like a good liner, maybe with some insulation. I've heard about lizard skin but nothing else or if there any good. Whatchyall got!

WJCO

Meme King
Well, I think it's time. I've been chasing leaks for a couple rainy seasons now and I can't seem to stop them, only slow them. So I suppose pulling out the carpet and lining the inside is the way to go! I'd like to hear the latest and greatest on opinions. I'd like a good liner, maybe with some insulation. I've heard about lizard skin but nothing else or if there any good. Whatchyall got!

Merged here. Lots of info.

JKEmmy

Appreciate it, I was hoping for a new thread though. Was trying to avoid having to read through 10 pages of comments, also looking for some new info.... New products that might be out.

Linex did mine. Got the premium version. I love it. Don't worry about the little leaks anymore. No noticeable increase in road noise or heat issues. I don't even use my floor mats anymore. Easy clean up. 20171215_122241.jpg 20171215_122213.jpg 20171215_122227.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

That looks great!! Did you prep it for them? What was the approximate cost (if you don't mind me asking)?
The only prep work they requested when is to take the carpet, back seat, drain plugs and back tailgate plastics off. When I had it down there they gave me a call and asked me if I would like the material over the sides of the tub and around the corners of the tailgate area top. I said yeah why not. Protects the top rails from scuffs. Only cost me $700. I left it down there for a week since it's about a 3-hour drive for me. Dropped off one weekend picked up the next. Very pleased with the job.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
The only prep work they requested when is to take the carpet, back seat, drain plugs and back tailgate plastics off. When I had it down there they gave me a call and asked me if I would like the material over the sides of the tub and around the corners of the tailgate area top. I said yeah why not. Protects the top rails from scuffs. Only cost me $700. I left it down there for a week since it's about a 3-hour drive for me. Dropped off one weekend picked up the next. Very pleased with the job.

That looks great! When my carpets finally start stinking from water infiltration. Or I get sick of pulling them every time the F-ing door seals leak. I'm definitely going this route.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked

That’s a pretty sweet deal. I got quoted $2k to do mine here.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JK_0311

I had mine linex’d in November. Haven’t noticed sound increase, but I haven’t put my doors on either, so there’s that. I like it and don’t regret yet, it looks good and is easy to clean. I removed the carpet, back bench, shotgun seat and drove it there. They removed the driver seat and wires, plugged holes and that’s it. $800. My only complaint with them, was they linex’d over a couple bolts for the rear bench. They were happy to scrape it off.

IMG_0294.jpg IMG_0293.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom