The Adventures and Build of Remi the JL Rubicon!

Napalm

With the trip coming up in less than a month, It’s time to get the CB radio setup installed. I’m not sure what CB I am wanting to go with yet(it’s between the Cobra 29LX and the Cobra 29LTD Classic) but that doesn’t mean I can’t go ahead and get some parts on the way! So on the way we have:

-WAYALIFE CB Bar
-WAYALIFE white windshield decal

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dale72

Hooked
With the trip coming up in less than a month, It’s time to get the CB radio setup installed. I’m not sure what CB I am wanting to go with yet(it’s between the Cobra 29LX and the Cobra 29LTD Classic) but that doesn’t mean I can’t go ahead and get some parts on the way! So on the way we have:

-WAYALIFE CB Bar
-WAYALIFE white windshield decal

Nate go with the 29LTD classic

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

I've got some more goodies on the way! I spent way too much on this CB setup, but I wanted to get the best. Buy once, cry once, right?!

On the way we have
- Cobra 29LTD Classic
- Cooltech JL CB install kit (comes with firestik coax, firestik K4A stud, etc)
- Cooltech JL CB Stainless Steel Antenna Mount for rear tailgate
- Firestik 3ft black antenna
- Firestik 2ft black antenna (not sure which one i'm going to be able to run)
- Firestik Antenna spring
- Wayalife CB BAR
- Wayalife white Windshield decal

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I've got some more goodies on the way! I spent way too much on this CB setup, but I wanted to get the best. Buy once, cry once, right?!

On the way we have
- Cobra 29LTD Classic
- Cooltech JL CB install kit (comes with firestik coax, firestik K4A stud, etc)
- Cooltech JL CB Stainless Steel Antenna Mount for rear tailgate
- Firestik 3ft black antenna
- Firestik 2ft black antenna (not sure which one i'm going to be able to run)
- Firestik Antenna spring
- Wayalife CB BAR
- Wayalife white Windshield decal

Maybe you should’ve gotten two banners to save on shipping? [emoji6]

Napalm

I’m sure some have seen, but I am excited to announce that Remi will be participating in the 2020 Nitto Jeep Xperience Presented by KMC Wheels!
Adjustments.jpg

I will most likely be the smallest and most stock Jeep there, but I’ve been assured by the JK Experience staff that there will be plenty of trails to run and things to do, including an overlanding run ran by Mel Wade himself!

This event is in May, in central Texas. I’ve never been to central Texas, so I have decided to make an ultimate adventure out of it, JL Experience style! Here’s how the trip will go!

May 7th - Mason, TX Hotel
May 8th - Jeep Xperience Day 1/check in/camping
May 9th - Jeep Xperience Day 2/camping
May 10th - Jeep Xperience Final day/camping
May 10th(afternoon/evening) - Fredricksburg, TX
May 11th - Gruene, TX
May 12th - Dripping Springs, TX and Austin TX(maybe a stop at Hidden Falls OHV area)
May 13th - Home

Each day will be a different city, different landmarks, sights, things to do. The trip will be filled with some great wheeling, great food, new friends, and lots of great pictures!

One thing I am interested in doing before the Jeep Xperience, is adding a few piece of mind upgrades to Remi if finances allow. These include -
- EVO Oil pain/trans skid
- Sliders
- Front bumper
- Warn VR EVO winch

Stay tuned for an install this weekend!

Last edited:

Dale72

Hooked
I’m sure some have seen, but I am excited to announce that Remi will be participating in the 2020 Nitto Jeep Xperience Presented by KMC Wheels!
View attachment 340168

I will most likely be the smallest and most stock Jeep there, but I’ve been assured by the JK Experience staff that there will be plenty of trails to run and things to do, including an overlanding run ran by Mel Wade himself!

This event is in May, in central Texas. I’ve never been to central Texas, so I have decided to make an ultimate adventure out of it, JL Experience style! Here’s how the trip will go!

May 7th - Mason, TX Hotel
May 8th - Jeep Xperience Day 1/check in/camping
May 9th - Jeep Xperience Day 2/camping
May 10th - Jeep Xperience Final day/camping
May 10th(afternoon/evening) - Fredricksburg, TX
May 11th - Gruene, TX
May 12th - Dripping Springs, TX and Austin TX(maybe a stop at Hidden Falls OHV area)
May 13th - Home

Each day will be a different city, different landmarks, sights, things to do. The trip will be filled with some great wheeling, great food, new friends, and lots of great pictures!

One thing I am interested in doing before the Jeep Xperience, is adding a few piece of mind upgrades to Remi if finances allow. These include -
- EVO Oil pain/trans skid
- Sliders
- Front bumper
- Warn VR EVO winch

Stay tuned for an install this weekend!

Sweet

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

CB Installed and Windshield decal put on STRAIGHT!!!

I had a buddy who is very particular and OCD install it for me. He installed it letter by letter, and measured it to a T. I am happy to say that thanks to his incredible work, it is perfectly straight!
IMG_2608.jpg
Unfortunately, right after this picture, his chair slid out from under him and and he fell. He was fine but Remi was not, and now she has a new hood scratch. But honestly, I’ll take a small hood scratch for a perfectly straight windshield banner! He did fantastic work!
Adjustments.jpg
After I finished, Remi got a wash and here are a few pictures of the finished product!
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

DMF

That’s how I install my windshield banners. A little inconvenient but so much easier doing a little at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Napalm

Remi’s windshield banner looks perfect!

That is a clean install on the CB too

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thanks! Eddie’s CB BAR is rock solid. It is the reason the install turned out so clean!!

Very nice Install
How did the antenna calibration go?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Thanks! I didn’t calibrate this one because I am going to swap in a 2ft antenna as soon as it gets here. The 3ft hits my garage. I’m interested to try out the built in SWR meter that this Cobra has.

That’s how I install my windshield banners. A little inconvenient but so much easier doing a little at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

He was explaining it to me and it didn’t make much sense in explanation. I didn’t watch him do it, but it turned out perfectly. I knew he was the man for the job!

Napalm

Brought ole girl in to work this morning for an oil change! Penzoil 0w-20 full synthetic for the win!
IMG_2659.jpg
Such a blessing to have a pit/bay to work on our vehicles!
IMG_2660.jpg
Thank you to Eddie for an incredible write up! It’s amazing to me how my OCD even bothers me on the smallest of jobs. I can’t tell you how many times I checked the filter placement, made sure my oil drain plug was in, and checked the dip stick after the change! Felt good to do it myself though!

After that; it was time to pretty up my ground wire for the CB. I attached this connector on it, and there was just a hair of exposed wire so I wrapped it up with some electrical tape. I think it turned out all right! I’m using the windshield bolt as a ground, seems to work well!
Adjustments.jpg
IMG_2662.jpg

All finished up, buttoned up, and ready to go! Two weeks until Hot Springs! Next week we’ve got a local camp out that I’ll be taking Remi too! No trails but it’ll at least be on dirt!

Adjustments.jpg

Top Bottom