Pet Peeves - What Pisses You Off?

Ddays

Hooked
Is it just me or do wonky wheels on shopping buggys drive you nuts? I returned 3 of the goddam things back to the rack before I got a normal one that didn't sound like I was pushing an empty dump truck this morning.
Sheesh.

longarmwj

Is it just me or do wonky wheels on shopping buggys drive you nuts? I returned 3 of the goddam things back to the rack before I got a normal one that didn't sound like I was pushing an empty dump truck this morning.
Sheesh.

Squeaky wheels are even worse. Nothing makes me want to punt kick a kitten more then hearing a shopping cart wheel constantly chirping :doh:

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Sheesh.

I just found out it bugs me when someone calls a shopping cart a buggy...

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
:cheesy: That's just us retards in Pittsburgh that gotta call shit by weird names. :crazyeyes:
How bout jagger bushes? People always ask me what in the actual fuck are you talking about? Regular folks call em thorn bushes or such.

Must be those weirdos on the east coast :yup::bleh:

Stotch

Caught the Bug
:cheesy: That's just us retards in Pittsburgh that gotta call shit by weird names. :crazyeyes:
How bout jagger bushes? People always ask me what in the actual fuck are you talking about? Regular folks call em thorn bushes or such.

Yeah, that's a new one. How about sprinkles? As in sprinkles on a cupcake. I know a guy from Philly that calls them jimmys :crazyeyes: You east coasters, you'd think you guys were from another continent ;)

Ddays

Hooked
Must be those weirdos on the east coast :yup::bleh:

Yeah, that's a new one. How about sprinkles? As in sprinkles on a cupcake. I know a guy from Philly that calls them jimmys :crazyeyes: You east coasters, you'd think you guys were from another continent ;)

Yeah, Fucking East Coasters and all that shit. I gotta admit, unless you see some of the dumb shit we say written down you don't even notice how retarded some of it sounds, but this is really how we talk. :cheesy:

Personally though, I think Jagoff is pretty awesome.

pittsburghese.jpg

longarmwj

That's nothing compared to southern slang.

"Y'all go down yonder and fetch me a coke from the farmers stand. Here's a fiver y'all don't forget now to grab a cup of boiled goobers neither"

Only a select few will know what that mean :cheesy:

Also, coke can mean any soft drink. So if you ever go out to eat down south and order a coke, don't be surprised when they ask ya what kind.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

"Y'all go down yonder and fetch me a coke from the farmers stand. Here's a fiver y'all don't forget now to grab a cup of boiled goobers neither"

Also, coke can mean any soft drink. So if you ever go out to eat down south and order a coke, don't be surprised when they ask ya what kind.

Cocola ("KoKola") and a pack uh nabs

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Yeah, Fucking East Coasters and all that shit. I gotta admit, unless you see some of the dumb shit we say written down you don't even notice how retarded some of it sounds, but this is really how we talk. :cheesy:

Personally though, I think Jagoff is pretty awesome.

View attachment 273050
:cheesy::thumb: Great list! Jagoff is pretty great, I would've known that one.

It is missing wota bottle (water bottle) though.

You win, southern is worse. I just have to drive 20 minutes out of town here and people start talking like that LOL

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked

Yinz guys run up inbacka the Gian Iggle and grab me a pop from the freezer, and a pahnd a chipped ham mmk? And if yinz run into that guy wearin the bubushka with the gumbands in it just tell that jagoff to don't go gettin all nebby n'at. And watch out - it might be slippy.

BobNH

You Philly haters gotta stop (grew up in Langhorne, just north). We gave you Tastykakes, which includes BUTTERSCOTCH KRIMPETS! So, you're welcome. ;) Only Racine Wisconsin gets a pass, they make kringles. OMFG.
Oh, I guess PA gave you all scrapple too, so....yeah.
Lunch, gonna grab a hoagie....

jesse3638

Hooked
Thinking a project is gonna take an hour or so ends up taking all damn day

Story of my life

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just yesterday my "20 minute" job turned into 4 hours.
Agree with all of these. Last weekend my 2 hour pinion seal turned into an all day ordeal with a trip to the auto parts store and dealer..haha

I've always found this odd. Also when it's called pop.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom