Lets see your work shop or garage

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Picked up some plywood products I dropped off to the Line-X shop (I have a friend who owns a local franchise). My son and I built this collapsing work bench. And I also had the top to this table Linexed also. I do some occasional leather work and wanted a nice durable work surface to place the seats but also that would fold up and take up little floor space when not in use.

7AB12CD2-07E9-450E-9CF0-57B1E06A47BE.jpg

8D829628-92F2-456D-904B-97E34E16F666.jpg

26F305AA-D602-4576-AF45-563E80194E41.jpg

3A343D35-9FA0-440A-95F3-94D349678E07.jpg

8F6B766D-2131-4334-96FE-48FB92CB5A0A.jpg

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
That’s a great idea in the lineX. Turned out great

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

The applications are virtually limitless. It’s a bit pricey for certain things so it’s not always the best option. I’ve dabbled in home theater work and have made custom speaker stands where they’ve been coated in Linex and they turned out amazing.

wjtstudios

Hooked
The applications are virtually limitless. It’s a bit pricey for certain things so it’s not always the best option. I’ve dabbled in home theater work and have made custom speaker stands where they’ve been coated in Linex and they turned out amazing.

I bet. I’ve got a lot of ideas rolling thru my head!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug

I bet. I’ve got a lot of ideas rolling thru my head!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Here’s an example...(center channel stand in the second pic in case it wasn’t obvious)

79DF77EC-98EB-4DB2-AE9A-2B2B15DA5771.jpg

DB862246-DDCE-473A-A1DE-EF90893A49EC.jpg

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
I did manage to venture out and acquire one of the Craftsman tool box sets that was one sale. Store pick up via Sears.com...I won’t get into the entire ordeal but let me just say Sears.com sux and it’s no wonder Sears is in big trouble. Regardless, I finished assembling everything and wiping it all down this evening. Also last Sunday I was able to sell my old box to recoup some of the funds.

3B436291-DFD4-46AE-A2B8-7D4867E57AC6.jpg

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I did manage to venture out and acquire one of the Craftsman tool box sets that was one sale. Store pick up via Sears.com...I won’t get into the entire ordeal but let me just say Sears.com sux and it’s no wonder Sears is in big trouble. Regardless, I finished assembling everything and wiping it all down this evening. Also last Sunday I was able to sell my old box to recoup some of the funds.

Good looking box. Debating getting something like this myself.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Good looking box. Debating getting something like this myself.
Thanks!

That style “ProSeries” is going on clearance I think. It seems inventory is low, you may be able to score a floor model if you have a Sears dept. store anywhere near you. They’re not as nice as. Snap-On, MAC, etc.....but they’re also nowhere near the pricetag.

Last edited:

CalSgt

Hooked
Thanks!

That style “ProSeries” is going on clearance I think. It seems inventory is low, you may be able to score a floor model if you have a Sears dept. store anywhere near you. They’re not as nice as. Snap-On, MAC, etc.....but they’re also nowhere near the pricetag.

I got a top box last year at this time from sears at less than half price because it was damaged... It had a little scratch and ding on the back where it can't be seen anyway.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
The HOA where I live is getting on my case about this trailer in my driveway. I’ve been using it to store stuff while the floor was being epoxied. So I had to bring all my stuff back in sooner than I wanted. I’m looking into insulating my ceiling so I can have more effective/efficient heating. I still have to decide what items I want to put in the basement. I’m just not happy with the clutter after all the hard work. I did paint the remaining exposed concrete and added some molding. I figured I may as well go the whole nine yards and put the finishing touch in.

C6AB0A04-A303-49EE-8C37-241973170BDE.jpg

2770BBF0-9053-4513-86C7-B81D26915FC8.jpg

962CE56B-DFAD-42A9-9251-F168690AAA03.jpg

735DB765-1A65-4D74-8772-E3258D31F124.jpg

2C415F8B-6E27-4CE6-9DBE-556A52412263.jpg

BFB6AA2D-1FC1-468C-B990-CEFFE6357FD4.jpg

Last edited:

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Really looks great! How high are your ceilings in there and how large of footings did you need to pour for the lift posts?

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Really looks great! How high are your ceilings in there and how large of footings did you need to pour for the lift posts?

Thanks! The ceiling is 11.5’ high. I’m considering re-engineering the ceiling to use the full travel of the lift. I poured 12” footers, 3’x3’ cut in the existing slab, 4’x4’ under underneath. It’s strong. I posted pics several pages back.

WJCO

Meme King
The HOA where I live is getting on my case about this trailer in my driveway. I’ve been using it to store stuff while the floor was being epoxied. So I had to bring all my stuff back in sooner than I wanted. I’m looking into insulating my ceiling so I can have more effective/efficient heating. I still have to decide what items I want to put in the basement. I’m just not happy with the clutter after all the hard work. I did paint the remaining exposed concrete and added some molding. I figured I may as well go the whole nine yards and put the finishing touch in.

Looks great. That trim really finishes it off. I've been considering some cove base or something like what you did. Insulating up above will make a huge difference. If you're not already aware, there's a right way to do it so moisture in the air doesn't stick to the roof and create mold. Very important.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Looks great. That trim really finishes it off. I've been considering some cove base or something like what you did. Insulating up above will make a huge difference. If you're not already aware, there's a right way to do it so moisture in the air doesn't stick to the roof and create mold. Very important.

I’m all ears. I did cut a small hole just to get a look at the space and the structure above. Do I need batting with a barrier? I figured I could also look into blown in insulation as well.

Last edited:

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Wait you willingly moved somewhere with an hoa?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

They are not uncommon at all in the town I live in, but when I was shopping during the divorce this home was actually marketed (not necessarily as a positive) as there was no HOA. About 9-10 months after living here, I received a letter for some updated guidelines to the deed restrictions...but I never received a copy of them. Oh well, it’s not as if I’m not used to dealing with them. My last community had one.

WJCO

Meme King
I’m all ears. I did cut a small hole just to get a look at the space and the structure above. Do I need batting with a barrier? I figured I could also look into blown in insulation as well.

I'm not a contractor but I know for sure that the upper insulation has to have a way for air above it to exit so it won't allow moisture to condensate on the wood. Is there an attic above the garage? Are you doing this yourself or paying someone?

Top Bottom