Lets see your work shop or garage

It was already on the property when they purchased it.

When designing your garage go with 2x6 exterior walls. this will allow for R-19 insulation. Also on the wall you plan on putting cabinets on run 2x6 blocking in between the studs, this will allow you to hang cabinets with having to search for studs. Depending on how you lay out the foundation allow for a minimum of 2 ft on eith side of the garage door for door clearance. Also do not go any smaller than a 10 ft wide door. Anything smaller it will be tight getting any vehicle in there. My shop/man cave is going to be 32x60x12 with only two bays and a 30x20 actual shop where I can do woodworking or just hang out with storage above the actual shop.

R/
Will

Awesome advice. Thanks.

noroad

Here is mine its not much but its a lift with tools and at six foot two it saves my back :rock:

Attachments

• d4-7.jpg
    d4-7.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 730
  • j19.jpg
    j19.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 739

WJCO

Meme King
WAL THREAD.jpg

I just moved and for the first time in about 10 years have a decent Garage/Work Space. I was happy the other day to find this thread, yes it's old. Anyway, nothing special here, but now that we've moved, I finally have room for a bunch of my stuff that has been in storage. It sure is refreshing to have room and spots for all my crap.

0726161544.jpg

chickenman1021

I have a 30x60 pole barn that is insulated. It has 1 16ft door. I would recommend that you go 40x60 because the one door thing becomes silly. I spend alot of time playing car tertris.

Sent from my SM-G900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Frydaddy

Heres my garage, back when I was rebuilding the Willys CJ-2A. It was my grandfathers, with low ceilings, narrow bays, and old barn-board siding. Can you imagine fitting a 60s boat-of-a-car in here?! The foundation on the house says 1889.

218940_10150603127320627_6771317_o.jpg

JeepJeep75

I think I may have the smallest shop on the forum. I'm working in a one-car garage, with a car in it. I custom built my workbench to float over the hood of the car from overhead supports. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1484683463.737174.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1484683658.778853.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1484683721.553102.jpg the car juuuuust fits! [emoji51] ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1484683922.671671.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I think I may have the smallest shop on the forum. I'm working in a one-car garage, with a car in it. I custom built my workbench to float over the hood of the car from overhead supports.

My last house was like that. It was tough. But you did a great job making use of the small space. Even fit a drill press in there, nice.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
It's still a mess, but the "shop"

I do have another bay on the left side, but thats full of crap basically like my lawn mower and other things that need to be in a shed that I dont own.

I do have my compressor, small welding table, and also all my welders over there.

IMG_7568.jpg

The jeep kinda fits

IMG_7569.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a couple updated shots of our garage :cool:

main.php

main.php

XJADDICTION

Banned
IMG_3365.JPG IMG_3841.JPG IMG_3842.JPG

Just finished building this bench with my tool chests and boxes underneath. I have electric set for plasma and welders. I will purchase again in future, I sold all my jeep stuff "when I thought I was out... but they pull me back in. "

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
View attachment 214613

I just moved and for the first time in about 10 years have a decent Garage/Work Space. I was happy the other day to find this thread, yes it's old. Anyway, nothing special here, but now that we've moved, I finally have room for a bunch of my stuff that has been in storage. It sure is refreshing to have room and spots for all my crap.

View attachment 214614

Man, these guys are killing me! You can barely park one car in mine, much less work on a Jeep. I do most of mine out in the hot sun!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom