#5 build thread

NV375

Just updated first post to include what we are now having done at ORE in March. PR44, gears, 3" Enforcer, King shocks......... :clap2:

:thinking: I call this my jeep but, my wife insisted I get the Rubicon, and now she is making me get the PR44 and Kings? :thinking:

big dr

Just updated first post to include what we are now having done at ORE in March. PR44, gears, 3" Enforcer, King shocks......... :clap2:

:thinking: I call this my jeep but, my wife insisted I get the Rubicon, and now she is making me get the PR44 and Kings? :thinking:

Ya,,, I bet she had to twist the shit out of your arms!!!:cheesy:

NV375

I ordered some EVO Corners and EVO Skins today.

What size hole do the nut-serts that come with the skins and corers require?

Where should I mount the two 2 lb. fire extinguishers I have?

NV375

Dropped #5 off @ ORE this morning. I had planned to do everything but gears at home but it would take way too long. Next week we will be jeep'n around CA. Let me know if there are any last minute S&Gs in So. cal.

Attachments

• 1427128699036.jpg
    1427128699036.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 134

NV375

New photo with the new suspension, winch and bumper.

Attachments

• 1427514131199.jpg
    1427514131199.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 101

NV375

Here is a shot with the last two mods ORE did. Light bracket for the bumper and hood decals.

Attachments

• 1428331231674.jpg
    1428331231674.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 102

NV375

Just sold #5. Thinning out the stable since I just retired yesterday. Seems to make more sense to keep the 1 ton diesel truck if we are only keeping one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Just sold #5. Thinning out the stable since I just retired yesterday. Seems to make more sense to keep the 1 ton diesel truck if we are only keeping one.

Congrats on retiring but it sucks to read that you sold the Jeep. Do you have any others or was that your only one?

NV375

Congrats on retiring but it sucks to read that you sold the Jeep. Do you have any others or was that your only one?
That was the last one for now. May get another one down the road. I was over aggressive with the build on this one and my wife could not really enjoy it.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
That was the last one for now. May get another one down the road. I was over aggressive with the build on this one and my wife could not really enjoy it.

Congrats on retirement! I only have 30 more years [emoji26] What makes you say that you went too aggressive? If you could go back what would you do different?

Sent from my BNTV600 using WAYALIFE mobile app

NV375

Congrats on retirement! I only have 30 more years [emoji26] What makes you say that you went too aggressive? If you could go back what would you do different?

Sent from my BNTV600 using WAYALIFE mobile app
I would have stayed with the Rancho 2" sport suspension(leveling kit) and 35" or smaller tires. I would have been fine with C-gussets on my stock Rubicon axle instead of the PR44. I have nothing bad to say about the parts I had on this jeep. I just over built it for our normal use. It was too tall for my wife to get in and trails like when we went on the Rubicon were too hard on her. What I really used this jeep for almost weekly was desert dirt road exploration. The only pull the winch ever made was pulling a broke down car out of a ditch and back on to the highway. If I get a JKU again I will probably do 2" front coils, 1.75 coil spacers in the rear, King 2.5 (or Rancho 9000) shocks and 285 or 295 tires. This setup would let me do 99% of what I did with this jeep. I moved my retirement up a year for personal/family reasons and that means I am making some unplanned adjustments like parting with the jeep and some other toys. Parting with some toys now will help me be debt free later this year.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
That all makes sense. It is really easy to get caught up in the coilover with 40's hype with all those badass wayalife videos. I like to hear personal experiences from both sides. Thanks again, and I'm sure I speak for all the folks on hear, I sure hope you stay active and pop in! Happy new year!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

NV375

That all makes sense. It is really easy to get caught up in the coilover with 40's hype with all those badass wayalife videos. I like to hear personal experiences from both sides. Thanks again, and I'm sure I speak for all the folks on hear, I sure hope you stay active and pop in! Happy new year!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thanks for the kind words and well wishes everyone.

Down the road I could still end up in a JKUR DTD on 40s. By selling things like the jeep now I will not be as likely to tap into my retirement savings account and can save that for down the road. By going down to the truck and travel trailer we will be able to live and travel on the monthly pension income we have and not drain the retirement account. If we settle back down some day and stop being nomadic I wouldn't be surprised if I get some old iron or a JK again.

Just because I am without jeep at the moment doesn't mean I will not be living the off-road Wayalife. I started my driving life off pavement and don't plan to stop the off highway travel anytime. I guess I should update my profile. My current off-road rig a 2012 RAM 3500 4x4 diesel w/KO2s. I already talked to Drew last time I was at ORE about the possibility of DTD type shocks and C/Os on the RAM. It already has tons in the axle department. I have not been cured from being bitten by the bug just trying to keep symptoms in check and not empty the bank for parts.

I sold #5 a 2014 JKUR with 44k miles to CarMax for $31,500. So I did not give it away. The next best dealer offer was $26k. Someone at CarMax must understand EVO quality parts.

Top Bottom