VIDEO : DON'T DO THAT AGAIN - Flopping a TJ on Poison Spider Mesa

jesse3638

Hooked
Glad everybody's all right glad it's Eddie and Cindy were there to take a video incredible how fast they can change from easy-going fun to holy crap
I was hoping Eddie would tell us in his opinion what went wrong unfortunately I haven't got to experience that all you do so and listening and reading it's educational for me so Jesse I'm sorry your work is that overwhelming but some of us do learn from reading and hearing what other peoples opinions are
Like many things their opinions and it's our job to listen pick out the things that are good and disregard the rest
When Eddie posted it didn't say no opinions just watch

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
While I understand learning from opinions can help the big problem I have is all of the speculators providing their opinion were not there. Yes understanding how TJ suspension works compared to a JK does help. Had someone who witnessed it first hand or talked to the driver and got his thoughts, posted upon here with an explanation I'd be more inclined to listen. The opinions of people saying "The driver did this wrong or that wrong" from behind the safety of their computer screen should be taken with a grain of salt. Especially seeing how this appeared to be their first posts here. No one knows how credible they are. It would have probably been better received if it was a regular who we know has wheeling experience. Not saying an unknown member is any less experienced just harder to trust what he/she has to say. While opinions can help they tend to hinder more.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

E57

I don't recall anywhere in the opening of this thread where the forum was asked to please investigate what went wrong here. Enough of the speculation as to what happened. It could have been any number of things everyone has identified. ~~~ Give it a rest.

Seems that "don't do that again" - the title on this thread, is an open invitation to just that type of speculation - 'Dont do WHAT again' - What is the 'that'? Don't do a wheel stand before even contacting the actual obstacle? That's exactly what happened. Could have happened driving forward on the very next incline. And very clearly that next hill did not have to be in Moab, or even on a trail. That roll was a freak. The approach to it where the wheel stand happened is less steep than my driveway. Somethings obviously at play - I at one point was interested in trying to figure that out. Cause the video that popped up in my email was fascinating.

While I understand learning from opinions can help the big problem I have is all of the speculators providing their opinion were not there. Yes understanding how TJ suspension works compared to a JK does help. Had someone who witnessed it first hand or talked to the driver and got his thoughts, posted upon here with an explanation I'd be more inclined to listen. The opinions of people saying "The driver did this wrong or that wrong" from behind the safety of their computer screen should be taken with a grain of salt. Especially seeing how this appeared to be their first posts here. No one knows how credible they are. It would have probably been better received if it was a regular who we know has wheeling experience. Not saying an unknown member is any less experienced just harder to trust what he/she has to say. While opinions can help they tend to hinder more.

Seems you just have a problem with new people on 'your' forum... And seems to be a theme you are not alone in - its apparently the culture here...

On my exit - I'll say that I have taken more things off road than most can shake a stick at. Hummers, a hummer ambulance, forklifts of all sizes - a payloader, a unimog excavator, 5-tons, an Osh Kosh crane... And my first jeep was '74 postal wagon that I swapped a transfer case and axle into over 20 years ago.

The 'fresh catch' and 'knows a thing or two' labels and the clique atmosphere are something you can keep. Enjoy.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Seems that "don't do that again" - the title on this thread, is an open invitation to just that type of speculation - 'Dont do WHAT again' - What is the 'that'? Don't do a wheel stand before even contacting the actual obstacle? That's exactly what happened. Could have happened driving forward on the very next incline. And very clearly that next hill did not have to be in Moab, or even on a trail. That roll was a freak. The approach to it where the wheel stand happened is less steep than my driveway. Somethings obviously at play - I at one point was interested in trying to figure that out. Cause the video that popped up in my email was fascinating.

Seems you just have a problem with new people on 'your' forum... And seems to be a theme you are not alone in - its apparently the culture here...

On my exit - I'll say that I have taken more things off road than most can shake a stick at. Hummers, a hummer ambulance, forklifts of all sizes - a payloader, a unimog excavator, 5-tons, an Osh Kosh crane... And my first jeep was '74 postal wagon that I swapped a transfer case and axle into over 20 years ago.

The 'fresh catch' and 'knows a thing or two' labels and the clique atmosphere are something you can keep. Enjoy.

Looks like you got it all figured out.. Thanks for visiting Wayalife! [emoji112]

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

:yawn: thanks for showing us how thin your skin is and that you get butt hurt really easily. Bye Felicia :standing wave:

dwvninety

Ummm easily buthurt I see. Bye don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Well, hello & goodbye, I guess.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug

It just cannot be explained with any more clarity than this. It seems either some people just don't wan't to listen/comprehend or are unwilling to put in the time to build credibility.

Glad no one was hurt and he will continue wheeling his TJ another day.

jesse3638

Hooked

Before you leave can I have your autograph?

Never said you didn't as I explained. Just makes it easier to listen had introduced yourself and said up front "Hey everyone, I'm Juan Badass and have driven everything from the space shuttle to your mom off road". You may have established some more credibility.

It just cannot be explained with any more clarity than this. It seems either some people just don't wan't to listen/comprehend or are unwilling to put in the time to build credibility.

Glad no one was hurt and he will continue wheeling his TJ another day.

I'm sure there are a lot of "new" guys to this forum who have far more experience than I do and I'm happy to listen to what they have to say and learn from them. A simple introduction goes a long way.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
It would seem more people were hurt in this thread that the actual accident itself.

I hope to get a chance to learn more about Moab when I take a trip in the future.

LOL!

Moab is really number one on my list of places to go that I haven't been to. Like you, I live close enough to go several times in the coming years and I consider that a luxury. I can take my time to learn the land and really explore it. Ultimately what I took away from the video is to be careful because shit can happen. This flop was totally different than the "watch this!" people.

jesse3638

Hooked
LOL!

Moab is really number one on my list of places to go that I haven't been to. Like you, I live close enough to go several times in the coming years and I consider that a luxury. I can take my time to learn the land and really explore it. Ultimately what I took away from the video is to be careful because shit can happen. This flop was totally different than the "watch this!" people.

Exactly!..haha

WJCO

Meme King

I don't understand how a hardcore badass such as yourself pouts over a post on a Jeep forum. It's not that big of a deal really.

Top Bottom