37's, Axles and upgrades

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
I know a guy that is going to 60s and will have a pr44 and PR60SF with ARBs, and 5.13 for sale not to far in the future. If you would be interested in a setup like that.
Also possible a pr44 with Rubi internals and a hi pinion Pr60FF with ARB and 5.38 setup for DTD closer to the summertime for sale.
Both setup would be great for 37s.
What motor do you have? 3.6 or 3.8

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
I've got the 3.6... any idea how much this guy would be looking for?

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
When are you looking to go to 37s? And if your at all thinking of 40s then just wait. I have made this mistake... and a few other i know of.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I've been thinking about the possibility that eventually I'll end up with 40's and then I'd have wasted money on the PR44's but I've been seriously Wheeling for about 6 months and loving it, but to me, going to 40's is a huge step.... I may end up wasting money but I'm just not ready to pull that trigger.
I think I'm inclined to go the next step, get the 37's, wheel until I'm close to needing to replace them and make the decision then on 40's. Maybe I'll be happy with 37's... And it's still a DD....

Benito

Caught the Bug
I guess i made the same mistake of buying axle(s) twice. I bought 37s and ran them on my stock rubi44 for about a little less than a year, ended up bending the front stock housing. Bought a PR44 with Prosteer balljoints for my stock internals, regeared to 4.88, went to chromoly axle shafts, Reid knuckles, HD tie rod and draglink, and had the rear trussed.

I ended up breaking the ring gear in the rear about six months after i had them installed, not sure if i stressed them during the wheeling trip the weekend before it failed or the gears weren’t set right and finally failed after a the wheeling trip.

IMG_3590.jpg

Six months after that my front passenger side unit bearing failed, thankfully it stayed together as long as it did and the wheel didn’t just fall off.

IMG_3798.jpg

In the time that i had installed 37s on my 2013 JKUR with 45k miles (June 21, 2015), i wore out the stock unit bearings and changed them out August 2015 with Timkin unit bearings. In March 2016 i had the PR44 installed and gears done and had new Timkins installed, it was in October 2016 that the ring gear failed, and it was in April 2017 that the front unit bearing failed and i replaced them with some Duralast bearings from Autozone. I felt it was unsafe and unreliable to run 37s on the 44s i had and decided it was time to upgrade. I was originally going to run 37s on the new axles, Dynatrac Hardcore Package PR60/Pro60, and even had the 37s mounted on the new wheels, but then i wheeled with some guys on 40s and couldn’t resist a sale that discount tire had on some 40x13.5x17 trail grapplers.

If you are already thinking 40s just wait on upgrading your axles until you can do it right.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I guess i made the same mistake of buying axle(s) twice. I bought 37s and ran them on my stock rubi44 for about a little less than a year, ended up bending the front stock housing. Bought a PR44 with Prosteer balljoints for my stock internals, regeared to 4.88, went to chromoly axle shafts, Reid knuckles, HD tie rod and draglink, and had the rear trussed.

I ended up breaking the ring gear in the rear about six months after i had them installed, not sure if i stressed them during the wheeling trip the weekend before it failed or the gears weren’t set right and finally failed after a the wheeling trip.

View attachment 289381

Six months after that my front passenger side unit bearing failed, thankfully it stayed together as long as it did and the wheel didn’t just fall off.

View attachment 289382

In the time that i had installed 37s on my 2013 JKUR with 45k miles (June 21, 2015), i wore out the stock unit bearings and changed them out August 2015 with Timkin unit bearings. In March 2016 i had the PR44 installed and gears done and had new Timkins installed, it was in October 2016 that the ring gear failed, and it was in April 2017 that the front unit bearing failed and i replaced them with some Duralast bearings from Autozone. I felt it was unsafe and unreliable to run 37s on the 44s i had and decided it was time to upgrade. I was originally going to run 37s on the new axles, Dynatrac Hardcore Package PR60/Pro60, and even had the 37s mounted on the new wheels, but then i wheeled with some guys on 40s and couldn’t resist a sale that discount tire had on some 40x13.5x17 trail grapplers.

If you are already thinking 40s just wait on upgrading your axles until you can do it right.

Damn dude you are hard on equipment. [emoji23]

Battle Born JK

I know a guy that is going to 60s and will have a pr44 and PR60SF with ARBs, and 5.13 for sale not to far in the future. If you would be interested in a setup like that.
Also possible a pr44 with Rubi internals and a hi pinion Pr60FF with ARB and 5.38 setup for DTD closer to the summertime for sale.
Both setup would be great for 37s.
What motor do you have? 3.6 or 3.8

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
Defently have to post a feeler I plan on up grading around the beginning of summer 👍

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug

View attachment 289381

View attachment 289382

I see you had the rear EVO truss. Is that a mod u would do again? It seems like it would mitigate the chances of the plug welds letting loose causing the pinion to point to the sky.

Benito

Caught the Bug
I see you had the rear EVO truss. Is that a mod u would do again? It seems like it would mitigate the chances of the plug welds letting loose causing the pinion to point to the sky.

It was one of those thing where the installer had one on his shelf, and was the only product i bought from him. all the other parts were sourced from vendors on here. The axle was straight when it came off of my Jeep and i sold it, so maybe it did help it or maybe it never needed it IDK.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
LOL, I get it. My GF already knows me too well maybe.... She said I won't be happy with anything but 40's.....[emoji15]

dude i will tell you right now. if she will allow you to go 40s then you should hold off!!! as much as i would like you to buy my axles and 37s on slabs....... :bleh: if she will let you and knows thats what you want to do then totally hold off!! oh and also keep her! hahah

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Okay, let's say I waited to go to PR 60.... 40" tires. I'll need new beadlocks $3000...new tires...$2000-2500, excluding that, any idea what I'm looking at price wise????

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Okay, let's say I waited to go to PR 60.... 40" tires. I'll need new beadlocks $3000...new tires...$2000-2500, excluding that, any idea what I'm looking at price wise????

Depends if you want to upgrade suspension or just trim and bump stop the hell outta it. You’ll also need driveshafts which’s add about $1k or so.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Get 37’s and wheel what you have. Just put your pennies away while wheeling 37’s and then make the jump to 60’s when you can. They won’t spontaneously blowup.

Top Bottom