what is your trailer ? camp trailer , teardrop , travel trailer or ????????

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
View attachment 323848 View attachment 323849 View attachment 323850

I’ll contribute! Not quite as off the beaten path worthy but makes for a comfy base camp

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
That's a nice one [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]
View attachment 323923

Just a little alum. Box with a top rack, sitting on an old boat-trailer axle

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app
Doesnt matter so long as it works and gets ya out there

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

KevinG

Caught the Bug
how do pop ups hold up in the cold and wind?

We have had it out in as low as mid 30’s at night up in the cascades. The heater does a really good job of keeping up. As far as wind and rain, a few trips on the Olympic Peninsula, one in December

IMG_1160.JPG

We have a pretty big shop at work that is pretty open and I have a key. I’ve let it go a day without drying the tenting but I wouldn’t go any longer. Usually give it a couple of days open to dry/air out

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I picked up a 2011 Viking 1906 pop up this past week. It will need a little TLC but nothing seems to be wrong with it. My wife is pretty excited that we will have AC for the GA summer months.

IMG_1178.jpg

Abntroop

Ran a practice run with the trailer today. Different terrain but did well. Interesting experience to see how much it changes how you approach things and how it affects handling. I was by myself so here are the glamour shots in the easy shit. View attachment 329170 View attachment 329171 View attachment 329172 View attachment 329173 View attachment 329174 View attachment 329175 View attachment 329176 View attachment 329177 View attachment 329178 View attachment 329179 View attachment 329180 View attachment 329181 View attachment 329182

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Abntroop

Are you going to bring that on the Rubicon?

In an ideal world, yes. For as many miles and states as I’ve pulled it (this Jeep is the 3rd rig we have pulled it with) I haven’t done much hardcore wheeling with it other than brief bits here and there to get somewhere off the beaten path we wanted to be. Rubi is a whole different animal, I built it with trails like the Rubi in mind, so I’ll be practicing and pushing as much as I can and make a legit gut decision as to whether I will pull it this year or wait til next. Honestly though, regardless, even if I do reach that comfort zone, I won’t bring it without the groups thumbs up as we all know the reality is that it will slow things down a smidge. I pushed the off camber shit today and that independent suspension shines. Between that, the load, and slow controlled driving it did not seem keen to flop. It will see that trail at some point.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Fiend, thoughts? Wasn’t sure on whether you were asking out of curiosity to see it in person, or with doubt as to whether bringing it was a good idea?

Typed on my iPhone with my Jimmy Dean sausage fingers

I don’t have personal experience with off-road trailers. I seem to recall seeing some YouTube videos of a guy than ran the Rubicon with one similar to yours. I think it’d be doable but it would slow you down a bit. The Rubicon isn’t super technical but it is fairly relentless. Taking a trailer would be an adventure, so if you have that mindset and are prepared with tools, time, and patience for the possible complications ....

Abntroop

I don’t have personal experience with off-road trailers. I seem to recall seeing some YouTube videos of a guy than ran the Rubicon with one similar to yours. I think it’d be doable but it would slow you down a bit. The Rubicon isn’t super technical but it is fairly relentless. Taking a trailer would be an adventure, so if you have that mindset and are prepared with tools, time, and patience for the possible complications ....

Ah, ok. We are on the same page then. I’ve seen a handful of videos of folks tackling the Rubi w. Trailers like mine. Suffice to say this one is not a monkey see monkey do. Put a lot of effort into this restomod and don’t wish to do it unless I feel confident in my own skills. Either way, the more thought I put in to it, the less I like the idea of pulling a trailer for my first time. Would rather run without so I can make a more personally educated decision for the next time. I have “keep it simple stupid!” Blaring from one side of my brain [emoji23]

Brute

Hooked
In an ideal world, yes. For as many miles and states as I’ve pulled it (this Jeep is the 3rd rig we have pulled it with) I haven’t done much hardcore wheeling with it other than brief bits here and there to get somewhere off the beaten path we wanted to be. Rubi is a whole different animal, I built it with trails like the Rubi in mind, so I’ll be practicing and pushing as much as I can and make a legit gut decision as to whether I will pull it this year or wait til next. Honestly though, regardless, even if I do reach that comfort zone, I won’t bring it without the groups thumbs up as we all know the reality is that it will slow things down a smidge. I pushed the off camber shit today and that independent suspension shines. Between that, the load, and slow controlled driving it did not seem keen to flop. It will see that trail at some point.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ah, ok. We are on the same page then. I’ve seen a handful of videos of folks tackling the Rubi w. Trailers like mine. Suffice to say this one is not a monkey see monkey do. Put a lot of effort into this restomod and don’t wish to do it unless I feel confident in my own skills. Either way, the more thought I put in to it, the less I like the idea of pulling a trailer for my first time. Would rather run without so I can make a more personally educated decision for the next time. I have “keep it simple stupid!” Blaring from one side of my brain [emoji23]

It can be done...I've seen the local Jeep club pull small trailers with construction tools to maintain the trail...

I couldn't tell what kind of hitch you have; if it's a ball coupler, you might want to get a maxi hitch to increase articulation at the hitch...and be prepared to unhitch and winch the trailer over obstacles...it will definitely slow the group down...

Abntroop

It can be done...I've seen the local Jeep club pull small trailers with construction tools to maintain the trail...

I couldn't tell what kind of hitch you have; if it's a ball coupler, you might want to get a maxi hitch to increase articulation at the hitch...and be prepared to unhitch and winch the trailer over obstacles...it will definitely slow the group down...

Negative, built it with a lock n roll hitch.
https://locknroll.com

sm31

$43 invested so far. Another $11.50 or so and she'll be ready for action!

Attachments

• 20190623_124941.jpg
    20190623_124941.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 150
Top Bottom