Dynatrac ProFloat XD60™ Axle

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I don’t understand the reasoning behind putting a semi-float axle on a heavy Jeep. Regardless of what fancy marketing term they attach to it, it’s still a semi-float axle. Just spend the money on a good full float 60. I’m curious about their price pint on this. Is it cheaper or more expensive than a full float Dana/Spicer UD60?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Seahawkfan

Hooked
DYNATRAC Pro Float

Looks like Dynatrac is stepping up their Semi-Float with a new XD60 Pro Float. Good up to 40's. Not a lot of info on the web or their website. Maybe we'll get some info from the SEMA coverage.

Edit: Late for dinner as usual.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yeah, it's not possible to have a FF in a 5x5 lug pattern as the axle hub diameter is too large to allow it. 5x5.5 is the smallest they can make it. Just for shits & giggles I asked if the shafts are interchangeable between the new ProFloat
60 and my SF PR60.

Thanks for making sure my new rear axle will have stronger shafts in it ;)

Jkjon

If that’s true, that’s nuts. The front PR44 ends up being around that price point with the lockers and stuff on it. Maybe that’s bare mins?

Seems pretty steep to me considering a UD60 FF rear is $5k - guess you don't have to go 8 lug though..

Sent from my GM1917 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Dynatrac ProRock 60 and ProRock 80 axles are the bomb and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. They really have held up great to the abuse I've put them through over the years and I love them. The ProRock 44 we ran in the past and am running now have been great too and I would definitely recommend them to anyone who plans on just running 37's and with a factory rear axle. That being said, I'm a little hard pressed to jump on board with this new axle or at least, at this time being that it's so new and completely untested. In the end, you're still getting a semi-float rear axle and one that's only made by Dynatrac. Also, the cost of it along with a PR44 will set you back about $13k. I hate to say it but a Dana UD60 front and rear will only costs about $1k more. Sure, you have to get new wheels but then, I've never heard ANYONE who really needs to be running bigger axles to bitch about going to 8-lug. Plus, the benefits you'd get with UD60s such as a bigger ring and pinion, bigger shafts with more splines, locking hubs up front and of course, MASSIVE brakes are well worth it.

While I'm sure there is a market for these, it is my opinion that you'd be better off saving for a set of ProRock 60's or consider UD60's instead. Again, just my 2¢

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Dynatrac ProRock 60 and ProRock 80 axles are the bomb and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. They really have held up great to the abuse I've put them through over the years and I love them. The ProRock 44 we ran in the past and am running now have been great too and I would definitely recommend them to anyone who plans on just running 37's and with a factory rear axle. That being said, I'm a little hard pressed to jump on board with this new axle or at least, at this time being that it's so new and completely untested. In the end, you're still getting a semi-float rear axle and one that's only made by Dynatrac. Also, the cost of it along with a PR44 will set you back about $13k. I hate to say it but a Dana UD60 front and rear will only costs about $1k more. Sure, you have to get new wheels but then, I've never heard ANYONE who really needs to be running bigger axles to bitch about going to 8-lug. Plus, the benefits you'd get with UD60s such as a bigger ring and pinion, bigger shafts with more splines, locking hubs up front and of course, MASSIVE brakes are well worth it.

Word ����

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Dynatrac ProRock 60 and ProRock 80 axles are the bomb...

I hate to say it but a Dana UD60 front and rear will only costs about $1k more. Sure, you have to get new wheels but then, I've never heard ANYONE who really needs to be running bigger axles to bitch about going to 8-lug. Plus, the benefits you'd get with UD60s such as a bigger ring and pinion, bigger shafts with more splines, locking hubs up front and of course, MASSIVE brakes are well worth it.

While I'm sure there is a market for these, it is my opinion that you'd be better off saving for a set of ProRock 60's or consider UD60's instead. Again, just my 2¢

That’s sort of what I was thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
You guys keep mentioning FF rear and doing the TF conversion up front, does that conversion widen the wms-wms dimension or would you be running spacers to make up the difference?

Ddays

Hooked
You guys keep mentioning FF rear and doing the TF conversion up front, does that conversion widen the wms-wms dimension or would you be running spacers to make up the difference?

I honestly don't know. I was going to do the install and then measure and order the rear to match

Ddays

Hooked
I'm planning on waiting until you do yours so I can get the recipe :cheesy::cheesy:

LOL, that's fair. Wheels are gonna be on the way soon so the Tflex kit will probably be after that. I'll have to do a mockup with them and then get the width measurement to order the axle. Oy vey.

Top Bottom