Evo aluminum rear corner armor

black pearl

Hooked
I plan on using the CB mount, but need to get a spring to help protect the antennae. I am not sure if you have a lot of experience with the outserts, but recommend buying an Astro 1442 tool.

When using it, I found that you need to feel when the nutsert is correctly set. After compressing the nutsert the first time, I screw the tool deeper on the nutsert and compress it a second time until it feels tight. If you go too far it will deform the bottom of the nutsert. If you do not tighten it enough it will spin. After setting the nutsert, I go back with a tap and chase the threads, then use anti-seize on the bolts to ensure they do not seize over time.

I actually have a nutsert tool on the way.
Curious on how your running the antenna cable, with the corners.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
I intend on using the flange provided on the corner. They have them incorporated at the top corner of either side.

Do they have a spot to run the cable? Or is there enough gap to get it between the body and the armor?
Just trying to get an idea on how to reroute my cable to the corner.

aTX427

Yes Maxxima are great.
Also if you don't wanna cut wire or worry about resistor, poison spyder make a tail light harness. Don't remeber the exact price but it was plug and play with the Maxxiam lights and it has the resistor built in the harness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Are the resistors needed for the Maxxima's to make them work or prevent flicker? I left a set of 50W 6ohm resistors in my amazon cart just in case.

JAGS

Hooked
Are the resistors needed for the Maxxima's to make them work or prevent flicker? I left a set of 50W 6ohm resistors in my amazon cart just in case.

Resistors are built into the maxximas wiring harness. They are needed to prevent a "ultra fast blinker" on the tail lights when using the turn signal. This is why all LED tail lights need a resistor of some type.

Edit: the wiring harness is to be purchased separate from the maxxima taillights.

Last edited:

aTX427

Thank you, I ended up cutting the stock light harnesses off the OE lights and soldered them to the Maxxima wires, so I can keep the chassis harness in tact. It blinks faster than stock, but still works well. It's a nice product by the way.

black pearl

Hooked
Thank you all for your input on lights! [emoji106]
I have to put my corner buy on hold right now. As I just spent 400+ on skid plates after I found my oil pan bashed in.
I do have one more question though. To run aux/after market reverse lights. What kind of power can you pull off the factory wiring?

Bear_JT

Hooked
I ran Rigid D2’s off my factory reverse wiring on my previous vehicle with no problems. Rigid has a wiring harness specifically to set up reverse lights that come on when you put it in reverse and work off a switch. That’s what I intend to do again.

Top Bottom