VIDEO - BUST / Part 1 : The California Emigrant Trail / This is Where it All Begins

Brute

Hooked
I think more whiskey was poured during your first part of this trip than any settler during their journey heading west...what a great way to spend your time...

HoosierWolf

Great video as usual!

When did you guys travel through?

I live about 3 hrs southeast of Independence, MO. Haven't even been there yet but I'm going to change that now. Looks really interesting. I love history.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great vid as always [emoji1303]

Thank you :)

... Cal Worthington! 🤣

Am I right? :crazyeyes:

Any reason you took the JK over the JL? Or was this filmed before you got that jeep?

Correct. Filmed 170 years ago (before they got the JL) :

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

I think more whiskey was poured during your first part of this trip than any settler during their journey heading west...what a great way to spend your time...

Well, we didn't want to die :drunkbuds: :D

Interesting and fun! Thanks for bringing us along! Can’t wait to see the rest!

Wish you and Ray could have joined us for this one.

Very cool so far! Im starting to see why you guys no longer prefer straight American Honey lol. Looking fwd to the next episode

:icon_crazy: Oh yeah, haven't been able to drink it straight for years. Needs to be a Bee Sting for sure :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a great time and great job on the video!
Part 2..... 17:76

Glad to hear you enjoyed it :)

Great video. Really enjoyed the history. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
I’m going to go with 24:30 for the second round.

History! Love it....

I'm guessing 18:14 for part 2!

It really is awesome to know so many of you enjoy the history. :)

Love the history lesson! Good to see Moby out and about again.

How about 19:10 for part 2

I guess it really has been a while since we've featured Moby. :)

Great video as usual!

When did you guys travel through?

I live about 3 hrs southeast of Independence, MO. Haven't even been there yet but I'm going to change that now. Looks really interesting. I love history.

This was filmed a while ago. There are a number of reasons why we never made a video out of it but felt that the time was finally right.

Thanks for taking us along. Looking forward part 2.
- 22:15 -

Awesome :)

Discount Tire

The history lesson in my favorite part. When I was growing up my Dad loved to take us on trips in Michigan, we traveled to many different parts of the state including the UP where we went to many historic sites. Dad would get irritated at times that we didn't appreciate some of the history he was teaching us. I thank him many times and wish he was still here so I could take him on many of the outstanding adventures I have been privileged to go on with many of my good friends. We are fortunate in Arizona to have tons of mining history if you take the time to research the past. Dad would be proud that he passed on his joy of nature and history to me.

Sure wish I had the video skills you guys do so I could see some of our past adventures and hear my friends voices. At least I have a ton of photos.

I also agree the music selection was fantastic. Cant wait for more of the adventure to continue.

praktfull1

The video was awesome. And to think, I lived in a small town in Kansas, and I had no idea that the trail was actually there. Very cool. Very nice history, and I especially loved how the wagons created those indentations about four or five feet down since so many of them traveled the same route.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Trail Bud

Hooked
The history lesson in my favorite part. When I was growing up my Dad loved to take us on trips in Michigan, we traveled to many different parts of the state including the UP where we went to many historic sites. Dad would get irritated at times that we didn't appreciate some of the history he was teaching us. I thank him many times and wish he was still here so I could take him on many of the outstanding adventures I have been privileged to go on with many of my good friends. We are fortunate in Arizona to have tons of mining history if you take the time to research the past. Dad would be proud that he passed on his joy of nature and history to me.

Sure wish I had the video skills you guys do so I could see some of our past adventures and hear my friends voices. At least I have a ton of photos.

I also agree the music selection was fantastic. Cant wait for more of the adventure to continue.

My dad did the same thing and I always didn’t appreciate it.
You brought back some old family trip memories. 👍

Top Bottom