WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
So I removed my OEM rear 12volt power supply and capped off the power wire. Then I rewired the circuit with 8 gauge wire to my aftermarket auxillary power source and put the OEM socket back in its original location. I just installed a 15amp fuse as ARB calls for and fridge seems to be working fine. And I can still access the fridge through the rear glass without opening the rear hatch.

View attachment 268608

View attachment 268609

View attachment 268610

That is cool, I am yet to get one of the Arb fridges..... you do a ton of work on you WJ btw. That's kind of inspiring I must say, I look up to guys like you on Wayalife and build courage to do shit on my own Jeep. Thank you [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SDG

Caught the Bug
So I removed my OEM rear 12volt power supply and capped off the power wire. Then I rewired the circuit with 8 gauge wire to my aftermarket auxillary power source and put the OEM socket back in its original location. I just installed a 15amp fuse as ARB calls for and fridge seems to be working fine. And I can still access the fridge through the rear glass without opening the rear hatch.

View attachment 268608

View attachment 268609

View attachment 268610
Nice work man, you are going to love it. I would recommend throwing in a thermometer and letting it run for a while with water bottles or something in there. My temp is pretty far off of actual... But once I found the offset it has worked flawlessly. Just remember the little cubby up top runs warmer, so even though it's handy for waters etc, they won't be the coldest.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I'm jealous!

Congrats on the purchase, now you really can keep the IPA's in the ARB :beer::beer::beer:

Thanks. Indeed this will see a lot of beer time. I've already had three out of it today...Just because.

That is cool, I am yet to get one of the Arb fridges..... you do a ton of work on you WJ btw. That's kind of inspiring I must say, I look up to guys like you on Wayalife and build courage to do shit on my own Jeep. Thank you [emoji482]

Thanks. We all start somewhere. I learn a lot from others here as well. And seriously, I never thought that I'd do as much to this jeep as I have. It's been fun.

Nice! That fridge is definitely on my want list, but I've got a few things ahead of it in order of "necessity." Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm not so sure that I needed it either, but we're starting to get out more with the kids and are constantly carrying an ice chest. Hopefully this will make things easier.

Nice work man, you are going to love it. I would recommend throwing in a thermometer and letting it run for a while with water bottles or something in there. My temp is pretty far off of actual... But once I found the offset it has worked flawlessly. Just remember the little cubby up top runs warmer, so even though it's handy for waters etc, they won't be the coldest.

Thanks for the tips. So does yours display a colder or warmer temperature than what's actually inside?

BaddestCross

I'm not so sure that I needed it either, but we're starting to get out more with the kids and are constantly carrying an ice chest. Hopefully this will make things easier.

Hey, I carry an ice chest with me all summer in my work van... I could use that as an excuse to bump it up on my priority list AND count it as a business expense. 🤔

Brute

Hooked

This is good advice...I set mine to 32, but found out it was running about 38 after letting it cool down for a day...and the top compartment runs warmer...I usually only put fruit there. I now set it at 27...

SDG

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the tips. So does yours display a colder or warmer temperature than what's actually inside?

Mine runs warmer than the display. I keep in in Celsius just cause I use it at work and am used to it haha... 0 is 32... I have mine set for -2 or -3 if I recall so it's set for 26 or 28F.

At this temp things at the bottom don't freeze but are real close, and the cubby up top is good for cheese, lunch meat, condiments etc.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Congrats! I want an arb but don't go out for long enough in the Jeep to need one. Just a cooler does great for me

WJCO

Meme King
Hey, I carry an ice chest with me all summer in my work van... I could use that as an excuse to bump it up on my priority list AND count it as a business expense. 🤔

Wise thinking.

This is good advice...I set mine to 32, but found out it was running about 38 after letting it cool down for a day...and the top compartment runs warmer...I usually only put fruit there. I now set it at 27...

Mine runs warmer than the display. I keep in in Celsius just cause I use it at work and am used to it haha... 0 is 32... I have mine set for -2 or -3 if I recall so it's set for 26 or 28F.

At this temp things at the bottom don't freeze but are real close, and the cubby up top is good for cheese, lunch meat, condiments etc.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll have to get a small thermometer to monitor it.

Congrats! I want an arb but don't go out for long enough in the Jeep to need one. Just a cooler does great for me

Thanks. We're looking forward to trying this out for comparison because we've always used a cooler in the past as well.

Couple of good ones I snapped of your rig from this weekend

Thank you much. Those came out nice.

WJCO

Meme King
Overnight test went well. Fridge displays 31F, Laser thermometer reads 37F inside. I will also check this with an analog thermometer to ensure. There is no ice inside so the 31F isn't completely accurate. Inverter reads a good 12volts from the battery still. Started vehicle 3 times just fine. I'm happy with that.

0717170746.jpg

0717170747.jpg

0717170749.jpg

JeepJeep75

There's a way to offset the display reading to better calibrate it to the actual temp inside the fridge. I believe you hold down the + and - temp buttons and you can shift the reading up to 8 degrees each way.

WJCO

Meme King
There's a way to offset the display reading to better calibrate it to the actual temp inside the fridge. I believe you hold down the + and - temp buttons and you can shift the reading up to 8 degrees each way.

Oh cool. I'll recheck the manual on that. That would be helpful.

I use mine as much away from the jeep as I do in the jeep. [emoji106] rolling into a hotel room with a fully stocked fridge for a few weeks is the way to go!

I've already thought about that as well :D

SDG

Caught the Bug

Good info, didn't know about this! Once I got it dialed in I just left it and don't even look at the setting anymore.

WJCO

Meme King
Have some family in town and took them up to one of our favorite spots. The new fridge worked great. The WJ is still overheating though, this time when it started doing it, I pulled over and got out and electric fan wasn't working. Back at home, it still wasn't and after tapping the motor with a wrench, it started working. I think the motor is on its way out and is working intermittently. Here's some pics from today:

DSC06465.jpg

DSC06471.jpg

DSC06476.jpg

DSC06485.jpg

DSC06493.jpg

Top Bottom