WAYALIFE on the GO : Miscellaneous Photos from Cindy & Eddie!

fiend

Caught the Bug
If you play with your Jeep, you're gonna want to find a good shop to have your shafts re-balanced and or rebuilt from time to time. If you don't have a good local shop, you can ship your shaft to one but then, you'll be out of a Jeep until you get them back and that can take some time.

I thought about it but really, I'm beyond it. If it weren't for the fact that I was in a pinch, I would never have bought shafts from them in the first place.

Well that sucks. A lot of money wasted.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
To add insult to injury, not only did we pay almost twice as much for the Adam's Driveshafts we bought back in October, they weren't balanced for shit. Being that they were new, I assumed the problem was on my end and dicked around trying to adjust my pinion and caster again and again and again with no change. Finally decided that the problem had to be a balancing one and... what do ya know, it was.

I should point out that after installing our ProRock 44, it was a lot worse. I did change the front flange to a yoke and so the front shaft was about an inch short but if it really shouldn't have made a difference. With it removed, the oscillation was gone but we still had a droning vibration coming from the rear. I decided to retube the front shaft to make it the correct length and rebalance the rear and now our JL runs smooth and quite and all for just $246. Gotta love my local driveline shop! Should have just gone there in the first place. :rolleyes2:
Man, That totally sucks, but good your problem is sorted out. Really sucks you lost money on it too. While I've said before I'll certainly go at those guys when my time comes this definitely solidifies it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Damn straight it sucks. I paid $1558.69 for these Adam’s shafts and they’ve sucked from day one. I literally could have had my local shop custom make them for $369 each - that’s $738 for both! [emoji849]

Here, you can see that balancing only cost me $94.50.

Oh, and did I mention that I brought it in at 11 am on a busy Friday morning and got a call at 1 pm saying that I could come by to pick up?! [emoji15]

I know people love their name brand shit but local is the only way to go.

Wow, that price difference is crazy.... I'm going to give my local shop here a shot when I am ready for mine.... they've been very helpful on my work trucks in the past.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well that sucks. A lot of money wasted.

Definitely a lesson learned and at a cost.

I just dug up my last invoice for the brand new 1350 driveshaft that I bought for Moby from my local shop. As you can see here, it just cost $369.90.

IMG_4643.jpg

And, here's what Adam's charged me for two 1350 shafts.

IMG_4642.jpg

Obviously, you'd have to divide that by two but that still gets you $719.95 each. That's almost double the cost!

Now, if these shafts were balanced well, I may not have the heartburn I have now being that I was in a pinch for time. But, for what I paid and for what I got, I can't say I'd ever do it again.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Man, That totally sucks, but good your problem is sorted out. Really sucks you lost money on it too. While I've said before I'll certainly go at those guys when my time comes this definitely solidifies it.

Honestly, there's only one shop I've used that's been as good but they're down in SoCal, still cost more and take a lot longer to get work done. This shop up here is amazing! Really fair prices and super fast turn around times. I highly recommend them. :yup:

Wow, that price difference is crazy.... I'm going to give my local shop here a shot when I am ready for mine.... they've been very helpful on my work trucks in the past.

It really is the best way to go in my opinion.

Thankfully you got it sorted out locally. Sucks about the Adams.

The Big Buddy line of heaters work great. When plumed to a 5 gallon tank it lasts a long time. I had a jet style propane heater and a diesel heater. The diesel makes me sick and the jet requires ear plugs. lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thankfully you got it sorted out locally. Sucks about the Adams.

It's all good. Not the first time I've gotten the shaft from a driveshaft shop. :rolleyes2:

The Big Buddy line of heaters work great. When plumed to a 5 gallon tank it lasts a long time. I had a jet style propane heater and a diesel heater. The diesel makes me sick and the jet requires ear plugs. lol

I've not looked at Big Buddy before. I got the jet style one because it'll heat up my big garage well but there's no way I could run diesel in it. I tried it once and yes, it'll make you sick and it puts out soot. Kerosene is what I use and it's better but crazy loud for sure. All I really need is something that I can point in my general direction to give me a bit of warmth and that Big Buddy might do the trick better than my Costco radiant heater. Thanks for the tip!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You could buy a propane tank cheap and plumb it. I’m sure a big tank would last you a very long time in the garage.

Honestly, I've been meaning to do this since we moved here. It's just big and heavy and I'd need to get it hang it from the ceiling. I'll have to rent scaffolding and have you come visit sometime so that you can help me install it :D

jdofmemi

Honestly, there's only one shop I've used that's been as good but they're down in SoCal, still cost more and take a lot longer to get work done. This shop up here is amazing! Really fair prices and super fast turn around times. I highly recommend them. :yup:

It really is the best way to go in my opinion.

Well, at least your favorite local shop treated you right again. Glad you found the problem.

Sorry to hear that you got shafted on the Adams shafts.

Any call out on the SoCal shop you mentioned, since a bunch of us are still stuck down here and not looking forward to getting shafted by the wrong place.

The shop I used to use all the time closed up in the great recession.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, at least your favorite local shop treated you right again. Glad you found the problem.

Sorry to hear that you got shafted on the Adams shafts.

Any call out on the SoCal shop you mentioned, since a bunch of us are still stuck down here and not looking forward to getting shafted by the wrong place.

The shop I used to use all the time closed up in the great recession.

Unfortunately, where you live seems to make a big difference in how much you'll pay. Bigger the city, the more you'll get the shaft. This is a big part of why I was okay with how much my Adam's cost being that they're in Vegas. In SoCal, it'll be up there as well but that said, I've always had good results with JE Reel. Jim is a good guy and has been doing this a long time. My personal favorite shop down there is PowerTrain down in Garden Grove. They do have other shops and you need to know that because they don't all do the same quality of work or for the same price. I have found the one in Garden Grove to have fair pricing, do excellent balancing and have a relatively fast turnaround. They have helped me out in terms on more than one occasion or at least in terms of time being that I was just traveling through. The guy I work with a lot there is Manny.

jesse3638

Hooked
I've said it before but I'm fortunate enough to have a local shop myself. Once I decide on what I'm going to do with my front end I'm going to have him build me a 1350 front. He rebuilt my blown up rear 1310 and I had him rebuild my front as it was chirping. He charges $25 per shaft plus the cost of parts and had them done in less than a week.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

I've said it before but I'm fortunate enough to have a local shop myself. Once I decide on what I'm going to do with my front end I'm going to have him build me a 1350 front. He rebuilt my blown up rear 1310 and I had him rebuild my front as it was chirping. He charges $25 per shaft plus the cost of parts and had them done in less than a week.

You're gonna need to pass that info along. There aren't any shops close to me. 🙄

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Trail JK

Damn straight it sucks. I paid $1558.69 for these Adam’s shafts and they’ve sucked from day one. I literally could have had my local shop custom make them for $369 each - that’s $738 for both! [emoji849]

Here, you can see that balancing only cost me $94.50.

View attachment 322592

Oh, and did I mention that I brought it in at 11 am on a busy Friday morning and got a call at 1 pm saying that I could come by to pick up?! [emoji15]

I know people love their name brand shit but local is the only way to go.

Man that does suck. Good to know, I always thought they were a decent shaft.

It’s like I always tell the people in here in Utah that are always sucking the Tom Woods dick. There are three local shops that really good in salt lake that do better work for about half the cost.

pop2tu

I need to get that info from you! I was using a local guy that did great work, but unfortunately he passed away about a month ago. My son needs some work done on his front driveshaft.

Top Bottom